• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  7

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 12:58 PM, Neighbor said:

Of course, waiting is not to be a sitting upon one's own hands while already on assignment by God as a soldier in the army of Jesus; for each soldier is to be doing all that is done to the Glory of God. All things, all things, and giving thanks to God in all matters. 

Sitting makes for idle hands and a quickly delusional mindset, making the perfect foil for satan's many minions. Better to get about the day, each day, for time is short, the workers are few, and the harvest is ready.

The best time to have done things was yesterday, the second best is today. Tomorrow,  why tomorrow may not be at all; best not to have been sitting waiting around when our Lord returns or our soul is required of us. Patience is not kin to idleness, it is a very different animal.

Hi Neighbor, good to hear from you. I love that people have taken the time to respond, and in doing so, it gives us a chance to see what others think and also learn ourselves. I think life would look a lot different, if we did consider how our actions are "done to the Glory of God".

• Thanks 1

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 1:39 PM, Heybro said:

While there is merit in both of your insights Neighbour and Jostler, for both are worthy, there must be a balance for both are true. There is work to be done, for our time here is definitely coming to a close. I'm reminded of Paul's exhortation to us about "faith and works" for both must walk hand in hand. Don't you find guys, that after a day at "work," you come home and you need to "draw aside" and rest awhile? As always, I hope this helps, God bless, as together we sow and grow.

Heybro, it is so true, we have so much to learn from one another that can make our lives richer and better. God bless.

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 1:49 PM, Heybro said:

My darling wife brought this very message to our congregation over a couple of weeks last year, a timely message for reflection.

Thanks for sharing. Is your wife a teacher?

I love it when we are reminded of a message that we have just recently heard. Sometimes we need a couple reminders before we finally learn something.

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 8:18 AM, naominash said:

It's like I love this message and hate this message.

I'm very impatient sometimes. But I'm young. So hopefully I can give myself a break.

I totally get the loving and hating of a message at the same time. But I love that no matter our age, we can always be learning something :)

It is good to hear from you Naomi. God bless.

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 11:35 AM, angels4u said:

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity. 1 Tim.4:12

Love this verse Angels, thank you for sharing it :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,413
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

I guess it would be very  nice to wait upon the Lord, but from my own prospective and experience  it just doesn't happen or perhaps I don't recognize it. So I just don't know this waiting upon the Lord thing. Seems to me I am behind  the plan of the Lord and need step up my pace most of the time. I almost hate to rest or sleep for when I do I also plan. Sometimes I wake thinking I'm halfway through a project, only to find I was just preparing in my sleep for the day  ahead of me. It is shocking at times to  awake to find that  hey I didn't actually do that yet, but I sure know how I'm to do it now, had three to four hours of in my sleep planning time and am ready to go.

I do think it would be cool to just wait and see what happens, but wow how far behind would I then be?  Perhaps within the bigger  picture, all of life is a waiting upon the Lord for his soon return. 

Oh well got to get back to clearing the decks for what is  to come up next, maybe it will indeed be nothing, or maybe it will be my soul is required of me this day. Hey that could be nice.

Take care all- giving thanks to God in all things big and small.

• Thumbs Up 2

20 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

all of life is a waiting upon the Lord for his soon return. 

For sure Neighbor, we are waiting for His return. Thanks for the great reminder of a very important truth. I hope you have a great day :)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Annette said:

, it can be so easy to forget a period of time happened between events.

Shalom sister

Yes, incredibly easy to forget!  We approach it like another book with our western thinking, but we really ought to savour each sentence, and "chew" upon it - pausing regularly to understand it fully. 

But this reveals another beautiful mystery about the Word. It can leap hundreds of years in just a few sentences and then it will slow down to months, weeks, days and even hours in full paragraphs, at crucial moments. We're getting a great deal of information - highly compressed, tuned and refined to only tell us the absolute need to know stuff. 

Everything in Scripture has significance - on a narrative level, prophetic level, meditative level, and "treasure" level (such as Bible codes, music, gematria, genealogical hidden messages). How precious is every single letter of the Holy Scriptures!

Love & Shalom 

• Thumbs Up 3