• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Hazel , you are loved .    I am going to tell you something many unity ones wont .    Do not go into nor join the catholic church.    I say this with the upmost sense

of urgency .   Is this a catholic church .   I say that because the word vicar .    

Please , just read your bible and dig in deep .    We will help you here at worthy . But please do not join a catholic church .    Please , please do not .

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, frienduff thaylorde said:

Hazel , you are loved .    I am going to tell you something many unity ones wont .    Do not go into nor join the catholic church.    I say this with the upmost sense

of urgency .   Is this a catholic church .   I say that because the word vicar .    

Please , just read your bible and dig in deep .    We will help you here at worthy . But please do not join a catholic church .    Please , please do not .

It is not a Catholic church.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 minute ago, Hazelx said:

It is not a Catholic church.

Oh good .    You are loved dear new sister .    hands up and praise the Lord .

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,017
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

4 hours ago, Hazelx said:

Those of you who have seen my previous posts will know that I am coming back to the faith after some years away. I have contacted the Vicar at my local church (a church I have not attended before) and he has agreed to come to my house to meet me tomorrow and just have a chat with me, as I am anxious about attending his church for the first time. I am quite nervous about meeting him - as I am with all new people, but especially with a Vicar - and I worry that I will say the wrong thing. I would be grateful for any prayers asking the Lord to give me the strength and confidence to ask the questions that I want to ask, and that I don't say the wrong thing! I would also appreciate any advice you could give me about meeting a Vicar for the first time. Thank you.

Hi Hazelx, just try to relax and be yourself.   Remember a Vicar is just a Christian like us.   If he is a born again believer, he will be kind and overlook any thing that you might awkwardly say.   Don't worry.   He is probably happy you are interested in attending his congregation.   Praying it goes well.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,299
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

10 hours ago, Hazelx said:

I worry that I will say the wrong thing.

A bit late for my three penny worth.

Vicars get to meet all sorts of odds and bods all capable of putting 'foot in mouth' etc

May I suggest if you've time. Write down the questions you want to ask. To get the wording right and to clarify what questions you want to ask.

Two useful sites.

The shipoffools mystery worshipper form for you to report on churches you visit.

and

christianityexplored where one can find churches that support this in ones area.

The meetings are also a way to meet Christians without actually attending their church, usefull if nervous about attending strange churches.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,561
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

So how did it go? Did the vicar cuss any, or stumble at your questions? Was he ( or she I suppose ) nervous too? What is a female vicar, a substitute called ? Vicaress maybe?

Anyway may God bless the visit and may you be led into a local body of Christ Jesus by God the Holy Spirit into good service of our Lord Jesus.

• Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,644
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

UK Anglican Church.

Um, fear no man. Reverence Christ (but as one who cares about you and not some

protocol of human tradition).

You have more to revere in the Bible you read than any man who walks on Earth.

I am glad about your turning back to faith... I would suggest you choose a genuine path 

beginning with the keys to the kingdom:

2 Peter 1:20-21 (the Holy Spirit wrote the Bible, the Holy Spirit alone is qualified to interpret the Bible and not by the will of men)

1 John 4:1 (test to be sure it actually is the Holy Spirit) we're supposed to test everything anyway (1 Thessalonians 5:21)

By the scriptures themselves (Acts 17:11 / 2 Timothy 3:16-17 / Deuteronomy 29:29 / Proverbs 25:2 / Isaiah 28:10-13)

And you will see just how corrupted with the traditions of man most Churches are.

Mark 7:13 (AV)
13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

19 hours ago, Hazelx said:

Those of you who have seen my previous posts will know that I am coming back to the faith after some years away. I have contacted the Vicar at my local church (a church I have not attended before) and he has agreed to come to my house to meet me tomorrow and just have a chat with me, as I am anxious about attending his church for the first time. I am quite nervous about meeting him - as I am with all new people, but especially with a Vicar - and I worry that I will say the wrong thing. I would be grateful for any prayers asking the Lord to give me the strength and confidence to ask the questions that I want to ask, and that I don't say the wrong thing! I would also appreciate any advice you could give me about meeting a Vicar for the first time. Thank you.

Being a Vicar doesn't make someone better than the rest of us. The Lord judges us by our character, not our title. You have nothing to fear. Just find out what you need to find out. If you don't, you'll have to meet with him again.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

N/A

Edited by Hazelx
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 2