Reprobation

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

What should I do if I know I’m reprobate?  Someone just told me I am.   I have been struggling with this for so long, but when someone confirms this to you, it stings.

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  16

It's hard to give much of an answer without any more detail than you've provided.  But it's certainly a serious question. 

And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

My first gut reaction is to think that if He'd declared you reprobate, you would no longer even care, having rejected retention of knowledge of Him altogether.  If you were reprobate in HIS eyes I question whether  you'd be here asking this question  at all.  What has convinced you you're reprobate?  The words of a man?  A self-accusation? Either of those might be based on misunderstandings or even outright lies that got snuck  in under your  defenses to deceive you.  Only His judgement really  counts and I think the fact you're here at all tends to argue against the idea He has pronounced that  judgement over you.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  38
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  8,700
  • Content Per Day:  3.93
  • Days Won:  64

Alex44,

I agree with Jostler and would like to add .. it something stung..... that may  also be the Holy Spirit convicting you of sin or that you need to believe in Jesus Christ.   Are you a christian?  Are you struggling with sin?

For God so loved the world he gave his one and only son that whoever would believe in Him (who he is .. the Lord Jesus who lived a sinless life and died for our sins, his work on the cross, his resurrection) shall not perish but have everlasting life.  When you accept the Lord Jesus as your savior and Lord ... God forgives all your sins and you will be born again to a new life in Him. 

Salvation will cause you to receive the Holy Spirit of God   and have the power of God to overcome temptation and live for the Lord. 

Praying for you.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

4 hours ago, Alex44 said:

What should I do if I know I’m reprobate?  Someone just told me I am.   I have been struggling with this for so long, but when someone confirms this to you, it stings.

Who do you think would be the only one ever able to grant you eternal life ?