LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

Jesus said do not worry. In Matthew 6:25-34.  Am I sinning by worry about the things that Jesus said not to worry about?  How do I over come this? 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

The desire to seek God, to honor His Word, and to trust His Word, His Promises,  (having no worry, no anxiety),

is all a gift of grace.    Your willingness to seek Him, and your willingness to do as He says,  and to trust Him, is required.

Edited by simplejeff
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

32 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Jesus said do not worry. In Matthew 6:25-34.  Am I sinning by worry about the things that Jesus said not to worry about?  How do I over come this? 

Well I guess one is wise to be wary if not worried about the wolves on the mountain above the valley of the shadow of death. But that does not have to mean one is not fully confident and appreciative of the Shepherd that leads each of us to the green grasses of the valley below and to the still waters needed from which to drink, and from whom a banquet is provided even in the presence of our enemies.

If there were not some wariness would there be much appreciation?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

The Bible does not say specifically that worry is a sin. Believers are told in the Bible not to worry Philippians 4:6. We are to have faith and trust in God for everything. For unbelievers worry will be a very important part of their lives. They only trust in themselves for everything. They want to have control of their lives. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

Does the Bible Say Worry Is a Sin? - Inside BST

While the Bible never explicitly says that worry is a sin, we can conclude this based on Scripture. That's because most worry or anxiety is a failure to trust God and His goodness or to believe what He told us.
============================================

What does the Bible say about worry?

Question: "What does the Bible say about worry?"

Answer: The Bible clearly teaches that Christians are not to worry. In Philippians 4:6, we are commanded, “Do not be anxious [do not worry] about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.” In this Scripture, we learn that we should bring all of our needs and concerns to God in prayer rather than worry about them. Jesus encourages us to avoid worrying about our physical needs like clothing and food. Jesus assures us that our heavenly Father will take care of all our needs (Matthew 6:25-34). Therefore, we have no need to worry about anything.

Since worrying should not be a part of a believer's life,

how does one overcome worry? In 1 Peter 5:7, we are instructed to “cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” God does not want us to carry around the weight of problems and burdens. In this verse, God is telling us to give Him all of our worries and concerns. Why does God want to take on our problems? The Bible says it is because He cares for us. God is concerned about everything that happens to us. No worry is too big or too small for His attention. When we give God our problems, He promises to give us the peace which transcends all understanding (Philippians 4:7).

https://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-worry.html

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  54
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

46 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I do not think having worry in your life is a concern unless it prevents you from having a relationship with God.  Does it?

I was filled with worry last week about a detail in my life.  It was not so easy to overcome, as I was certain that this worry was real.  It was something I have prayed about regularly.  Then suddenly it hit me, I actually no longer had this problem.  The problem I thought I had was in fact in the middle of resolving itself, but I was so wrapped up in my concern, I stopped paying attention to reality.  It is almost like I had lost my faith in God to some extent.  

God was telling me to stop worrying, that he had a handle on things, but I was too caught up in my concerns, to listen.  Thank goodness, I finally caught myself and yes, it was an effort of will to stop myself caring.

Psalm 34:4

"I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears."

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Sister ,  did you see what Cletus and simple jeff said .    You know as much as I warn out and see what is coming against me and all who love Christ ,  YET I GOT ALL PEACE .

OH what wonderous peace .  For whether I live or die , I AM HIS .   Whether I suffer and lose all for His sake ,  ITS ONLY GAIN .

JEFF is right , THIS IS THE WORK OF GRACE .   But will we heed men , the flesh , or will we heed the SPIRIT and get built up in Sound doctrine .

My prayer is only this .   Whatever I lose or whatever comes against me ,  OH LORD just let me be faithful to you , no matter what the cost or the loss, ITS ONLY GAIN .

I GOT MY HOPE .    IF JESUS says something IS ABSOLUTE TRUTH .   but will we trust in men or HIM .   Let us learn HIM MUCH MORE

and let us flee many who preach about a Christ they honestly know nothing about .    LEARN HIM sister and let us all only learn HIM MORE .

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  297
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

I worry when I am not close to Christ. And when that happens and think that when I do things on my own. Nothing works. Only when I do things in the will and way of God, He says do not worry about i It is His cause and concern not ours.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

11 hours ago, missmuffet said:

The Bible does not say specifically that worry is a sin. Believers are told in the Bible not to worry Philippians 4:6. We are to have faith and trust in God for everything. For unbelievers worry will be a very important part of their lives. They only trust in themselves for everything. They want to have control of their lives. 

But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is sin.

As with any sin, overcoming  it is first recognizing it for what it is, confessing it to Him, repenting of it, and BELIEVING He forgives and cleanses....INSTANTLY

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

I don't care how well meant "advice" might be.  If it's not based on truth, it has no power to set anyone free. 

Edited by Jostler

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Shalom LadyKay,

Don't be troubled with this or by others who may make you think you are sinning by being worried.

Worrying will just make the journey of discipleship a lot more uncomfortable for you, that's all.  When you get to the other side, you'll look back and probably say "Wow, what was I stressing about!?"

However, we do live in the flesh and we do live in a world that increasingly applies pressure to us that we should worry, about the smaller issues as well as the big.  So don't feel condemned by this - it's an easy "trap" to fall into and I'm sure we all get caught with such thoughts at times.

But do not give your worries it the power or respect of something that needs to be "overcome", as if it is a big challenge!  Such thoughts will make the matter seem insurmountable to you on a subconscious level.  Again, don't call worry a sin in your mind, and don't give it strength as if it's something overwhelming.

As you read or hear the scriptures daily, you will be encouraged by the Spirit and such worries will soon fade away.  As soon as you start to see and appreciate that you are in the Will of God, whatever's on the horizon (good or bad) won't worry you.  For the bigger issues surrounding life and health, try to learn from Paul's fantastic attitude and response to such challenges. For the smaller issues, like daily living concerns, remember what the Messiah said to Martha in Luke 10:38-42..

Now it happened as they went that He entered a certain village; and a certain woman named Martha welcomed Him into her house. And she had a sister called Mary, who also sat at Yahushua’s feet and heard His word.  But Martha was distracted with much serving, and she approached Him and said, “Lord, do You not care that my sister has left me to serve alone? Therefore tell her to help me.” And Yahushua answered and said to her, “Martha, Martha, you are worried and troubled about many things. But one thing is needed, and Mary has chosen that good part, which will not be taken away from her.”

I don't mean to downplay your worries and concerns sister, I sure you have a good reason to be concerned.  However, I want to say to you that whatever the worry, no matter how big or small, don't give it the power of being "an issue".  Just rest your thoughts on Him. Shalom and God's resolution for your concerns will come.

I recommend the film on Arthur Blessitt to encourage you.  He faced all kinds of worries and bravely walked on, trusting in God with every step.  He remained safe and blessed to this day. It's free to watch on youtube here

Love & Shalom