• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

13 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Jesus said do not worry. In Matthew 6:25-34.  Am I sinning by worry about the things that Jesus said not to worry about?  How do I over come this? 

I don't think it is a sin to worry, but it can destroy your life from the inside.....    also it depends on what one is worrying about....   can you control what you are worried over....   if yes it can be healthy to ponder or worry about it as a help in making decisions.....    but those things we have no control over we should not worry over, but just give them to the Lord and let him get us through them....    Put your trust into the hands of the Holy Spirit...

So is it a sin.....   I don't think so but it will make your life miserable....

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,559
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

13 hours ago, missmuffet said:

For unbelievers worry will be a very important part of their lives.

Why? What was to worry about as an unbeliever? I never had a worry until I was brought to awareness of God by the Holy Spirit. Now I can find much to worry over in my prayers fro unsaved loved ones especially. I do pray in confidence for them, but I do worry that the answer to my prayer could  also include a no. As an unbeliever, an atheist, I had no such concern ( worry ) at all.

Worry is not sin, in of itself, the act of it is first conception of many alternatives to that which  I might prefer if I had no worry at all and believed I was my own god or that there is no God.

Worry that God does not hear nor answer prayer may  lead to thought and action that is sinful, but it in of itself is not the sin.  Prayer is often worry is it not? For example the preamble of a prayer; "Lord without you as my hope certain I wouldn't have a prayer to give, please hear my prayer", is a positive plea and also an expression of worry isn't it? It is certainly not a worry  that  an unbeliever might have,  but that a believer might  often express.

What many do is to give thanks to God even in the worries that come for God is sovereign over all things; and as Job shared, He gives bad as well as good do we not accept the bad as well as the good?

Could worry be an idol? Whatever forms an image. To turn the eyes, the mind, the attention to anything

As with anything that we ascertain or try to figure out in our minds what must be done about it other than the Lord?

Idol – Strongs 1492

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,299
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

15 hours ago, LadyKay said:

How do I over come this?

As Chicken licken worried that the sky might fall. Examine ones worries are they realistic? Ones husband, child, parent is 5 minutes late. Is it realistic to automaticly assume the worst, or is it more realistic that they have been delayed and are simple late?

Silly examples but worries have to be looked at and seen for what they are, either rubbish, like the sky is falling or being too unrealistic. Either ay if reason does not stop worries get help, counselling or medication.

There is an element of sin in worrying as it takes away from our trust in God.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

17 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Jesus said do not worry. In Matthew 6:25-34.  Am I sinning by worry about the things that Jesus said not to worry about?  How do I over come this? 

We aren't supposed to worry, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it a sin. I've learned through personal experience that the better we are at obeying the Lord, the less reason we have to worry.