IGNORED

REVELATION: Vision 1. The Empowered Son of Man.

Marilyn C

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,540
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 2/28/2019 at 5:32 PM, Marilyn C said:

Vision 1. The Empowered Son of Man.

I believe many people are confused with so many views of the book of Revelation. However I have found that by focussing on Jesus it all becomes clearer. So, I hope you will join me in looking at this great book as the Father unveils His Son to us as He is known in the heavenly realms.

`The Revelation of Jesus Christ which God gave to Him...`   (Rev. 1:1)        Revelation – from the Greek Word `apocalypse,` meaning `to unveil.`

I believe, there has never been any monuments erected in honor of great personalities throughout the centuries that is comparable to the magnificence of this unveiling of Jesus Christ & the magnitude of His triumph.  

We can imagine what inexpressible pleasure God the Father enjoyed when unveiling His Son`s true character & credentials, for the purpose of showing to His bond   servants the regal nature of His Well Beloved.

This unveiling of Christ`s Deity was given to John, the Apostle. He was to write it down for the Body of Christ down through the centuries. John was a prisoner on the island of Patmos for his belief in the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God. As he was waiting on the Lord, He hears a loud voice behind him, as of a trumpet, telling him to write what he sees & hears in a book. 

John then turns & sees a vision of the one who spoke to him. It is the empowered Lord Jesus Christ. His appearance is like the sun shining in full strength. How awesome that would be to behold!  In His right hand He holds the seven stars, symbolic of the Body of Christ. He is Head of the Body.

`Then I turned to see the voice that spoke to me....

One like the Son of Man,`

`His countenance was like the sun shining in its strength.`

(Rev. 1: 12 & 16)  

Any thoughts on this first vision of the Empowered Son of Man, the Head of the Body?  (Rev. 1 - 3) 

Shalom, Marilyn.

Yeah, I've got some thoughts. 

1) "Christ's Deity?" And, just where in Revelation 1 does it call the Messiah "God?" Suffice it to say He is "the SON of God."

2) The "Head of the Body?" Again, there's no such thing as a "universal Body"; that's a HOLD-OVER from the old Roman Catholic Church (RCC) apparent in so many of the Protestant churches who didn't fully remove themselves from the RCC. Each individual, LOCAL church is a body! He is the Head over EACH body, but that is a symbolic likeness to the members of each church being members of a body, supporting one another's needs and feeling for each other's joys and sorrows, and EVERY city to which Paul would go had its OWN "ekkleesia" or "called-out" assembly.

Yeshua` SHALL be a powerful King over other kings ("King of kings"), a world emperor; however, it would be wise to take His OWN words over the rhetoric of theology:

Luke 19:11-27 (KJV)

11 And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear. 12 He said therefore,

"A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return. 13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them,

'Occupy till I come.'

14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying,

'We will not have this man to reign over us!

15 "And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading. 
16 Then came the first, saying,

'Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds.'

17 And he said unto him,

'Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.'

18 And the second came, saying,

'Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds.'

19 And he said likewise to him,

'Be thou also over five cities.'

20 And another came, saying,

'Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin: 21 For I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that thou layedst not down, and reapest that thou didst not sow.'

22 And he saith unto him,

'Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow: 23 Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury?'

24 And he said unto them that stood by,

'Take from him the pound, and give it to him that hath ten pounds.' 

25 (And they said unto him,

'Lord, he hath ten pounds!'

26 'For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him. 
27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me!'"

He also said,

Matthew 25:31-40 (KJV)

31 "When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: 32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: 33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34 "Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand,

'Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: 36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.'

37 "Then shall the righteous answer him, saying,

'Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? 38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? 39Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?'

40 "And the King shall answer and say unto them,

'Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.'"

It's better to listen to Yeshua`s OWN WORDS than to let the imagination run rampant on the rhetoric of theology!

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

4 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Hi Retro,

1. Christ`s deity in Rev. 1.

`I am the Alpha & the Omega, the First and the Last,...` (Rev. 1: 11)  

Christ is the whole alphabet from whom the entire vocabulary for expressing revealed truth is derived. All the treasures of wisdom and knowledge are in Him. (Col. 2: 3) There is no such thing as knowledge before Him and there cannot be any beyond Him.

Christ as the Alpha & Omega, is the only way to spiritual secrets, (Rev. 2: 17). He is the key to unlock the treasures of truth, Himself the interpreter of the invisible, (Rev. 3: 70 and the door of entrance to eternal enjoyment. (ps. 16: 11   John 10: 9)

2. The Body of Christ is shown to be an organism in 1 Cor. 12: 18 where the members are `set` in the Body. The Father gave the Son to be head over the Body, the fullness of Him who fill all in all. (Eph. 1: 22 & 23)

regards, Marilyn.

15 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Retro,

1. Christ`s deity in Rev. 1.

`I am the Alpha & the Omega, the First and the Last,...` (Rev. 1: 11)  

Christ is the whole alphabet from whom the entire vocabulary for expressing revealed truth is derived. All the treasures of wisdom and knowledge are in Him. (Col. 2: 3) There is no such thing as knowledge before Him and there cannot be any beyond Him.

Shalom, Marilyn.

Okay, so this proves that He is eternal, with great wisdom and knowledge but what shows that He is GOD? See, actually, He is the SON of God! Look down at verse 9:

Colossians 2:9 (KJV)

9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

The NIV has it worded this way:

Colossians 2:9 (NIV)

9 For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form,

The NASB has it worded thus:

Colossians 2:9 (NAS)

9 For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form,

However, the mere fact that it dwells or lives "in bodily form" LIMITS Him physically! This is why He is "the SON of God" and not fully God.

We see this in John's Gospel, chapter 1:

John 1:1-18 (KJV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. 8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. 10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. 11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not. 12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. 15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying,

"This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me."

16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. 17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. 18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

And, I can guarantee you that there were thousands who saw Yeshua` the Messiah, the only begotten SON of God!

15 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Christ as the Alpha & Omega, is the only way to spiritual secrets, (Rev. 2: 17). He is the key to unlock the treasures of truth, Himself the interpreter of the invisible, (Rev. 3: 70 and the door of entrance to eternal enjoyment. (ps. 16: 11   John 10: 9)

2. The Body of Christ is shown to be an organism in 1 Cor. 12: 18 where the members are `set` in the Body. The Father gave the Son to be head over the Body, the fullness of Him who fill all in all. (Eph. 1: 22 & 23)

regards, Marilyn.

I'll deal with this in the morning, if it's okay with you. G'night.

1 hour ago, Retrobyter said:

However, the mere fact that it dwells or lives "in bodily form" LIMITS Him physically! This is why He is "the SON of God" and not fully God.

Hi Retro,

Wow, that is actually Blasphemy, an indignity to God. Have just finished the same discussion with rrobs the non Trinitarian. Is that what you think?  (no trinity?)

Marilyn.

6 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Retro,

Wow, that is actually Blasphemy, an indignity to God. Have just finished the same discussion with rrobs the non Trinitarian. Is that what you think?  (no trinity?)

Marilyn.

Shalom, Marilyn.

Oh, for Pete's sake! Not you, too! "Blasphemy" is a transliterated word from the Greek. Here's what it means:

988 blasfeemia (blas-fay'-me-ah). From blasfeemos; vilification (especially against God) -- blasphemy, evil speaking, railing.

989 blasfeemos (blas'-fay-mos). From a derivative of blaptoo and feemee; scurrilious, i.e. Calumnious (against men), or (specially) impious (against God) -- blasphemer(-mous), railing.

984 blaptoo (blap'-to). A primary verb; properly, to hinder, i.e. (by implication) to injure -- hurt.

5345 feemee (fay'-may). From pheemi; a saying, i.e. Rumor ("fame") -- fame.

5346 feemi (fay-mee'). Properly, the same as the base of foos and fainoo; to show or make known one's thoughts, i.e. Speak or say -- affirm, say. Compare legoo.

5457 foos (foce). From an obsolete faoo (to shine or make manifest, especially by rays; compare fainoofeemi); luminousness (in the widest application, natural or artificial, abstract or concrete, literal or figurative) -- fire, light.

5316 fainoo (fah'-ee-no). Prolongation for the base of foos; to lighten (shine), i.e. Show (transitive or intransitive, literal or figurative) -- appear, seem, be seen, shine, X think.

3004 legoo (leg'-o). A primary verb; properly, to "lay" forth, i.e. (figuratively) relate (in words (usually of systematic or set discourse; whereas epoo and feemi generally refer to an individual expression or speech respectively; while rheoo is properly to break silence merely, and laleoo means an extended or random harangue)); by implication, to mean -- ask, bid, boast, call, describe, give out, name, put forth, say(-ing, on), shew, speak, tell, utter.

Therefore, "blasphemy" is "to hurt one's fame or reputation." I used all this because people don't normally use words like "vilification" or "scurrilious" or "calumnious" any more.

Now, let's put the shock on the back burner for a while, and look at this correctly:

The Word gave up His omnipresence for a LOCALIZED BODY. He "BECAME FLESH and dwelt among us." THEN, He was named "Yeshua`" ("Jesus") and was called God's "Messiah" ("Christ"). He LEFT this earth when He ascended, and according to Scripture, He must RETURN. Therefore, He is not now "omnipresent!" Regardless what other attributes He maintains, the lack of this attribute makes Him OTHER THAN GOD His Father! Inferior? NO! That was GOD'S choice, after all! In making Him DIFFERENT, God made Yeshua` a GO-BETWEEN mankind and God! He could become our MEDIATOR! However, as Someone "OTHER THAN GOD His Father," He became "the SON of God!" (HE preferred to call Himself "the Son of man," which means "a human Being!" The DEMONS were the first to call Him "the SON of God!")

Now, you be the judge: Is it better to elevate Yeshua` "OVER" this position He gave Himself, or is THIS, calling Him the Position He gave Himself, the greater sin?

15 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

The Word gave up His omnipresence for a LOCALIZED BODY. He "BECAME FLESH and dwelt among us." THEN, He was named "Yeshua`" ("Jesus") and was called God's "Messiah" ("Christ"). He LEFT this earth when He ascended, and according to Scripture, He must RETURN. Therefore, He is not now "omnipresent!" Regardless what other attributes He maintains, the lack of this attribute makes Him OTHER THAN GOD His Father! Inferior? NO! That was GOD'S choice, after all! In making Him DIFFERENT, God made Yeshua` a GO-BETWEEN mankind and God! He could become our MEDIATOR! However, as Someone "OTHER THAN GOD His Father," He became "the SON of God!" (HE preferred to call Himself "the Son of man," which means "a human Being!" The DEMONS were the first to call Him "the SON of God!")

Now, you be the judge: Is it better to elevate Yeshua` "OVER" this position He gave Himself, or is THIS, calling Him the Position He gave Himself, the greater sin?

Hi Retro,

Let`s have a good look at what God`s word says -

`...Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man,....` (Phil. 2: 5 - 8)

The Lord does not lack this attribute for it is by the Holy Spirit that He is omnipresent. The `human` aspect of the Lord was His body prepared for Him, but His nature was/is divine.

The names `father, son,` were in the deity before humans had use of the terms. The father and son relationship on earth is as one junior to the other, but similar because of relationship. In the Godhead the terms Father and Son denote express image, and relationship, but NOT junior. `Christ....the express image of His (Father`s) person.` (Heb. 1: 3)

As to `position` you are misunderstanding how the Godhead functions.

Godhead  - At the source there is the provision by the whole Godhead,

Father - with the initial movement of the Father;

Son - the administration of the Son;

Holy Spirit - and the direct agency of the Holy Spirit.

Thus for example when the Godhead created the world and the universe we see this function -

`In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth,...` (Gen. 1: 1)

`...His Son, ....through whom also He made the worlds,..` (Heb. 1: 2)

`And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters..` (Gen. 1: 2)

Marilyn.  

• Brilliant! 1

7 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Retro,

Let`s have a good look at what God`s word says -

`...Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man,....` (Phil. 2: 5 - 8)

The Lord does not lack this attribute for it is by the Holy Spirit that He is omnipresent. The `human` aspect of the Lord was His body prepared for Him, but His nature was/is divine.

The names `father, son,` were in the deity before humans had use of the terms. The father and son relationship on earth is as one junior to the other, but similar because of relationship. In the Godhead the terms Father and Son denote express image, and relationship, but NOT junior. `Christ....the express image of His (Father`s) person.` (Heb. 1: 3)

As to `position` you are misunderstanding how the Godhead functions.

Godhead  - At the source there is the provision by the whole Godhead,

Holy Spirit - and the direct agency of the Holy Spirit.

Thus for example when the Godhead created the world and the universe we see this function -

`In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth,...` (Gen. 1: 1)

`...His Son, ....through whom also He made the worlds,..` (Heb. 1: 2)

`And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters..` (Gen. 1: 2)

Marilyn.  

Shalom, Marilyn.

Nope. Philippians 2 is talking about Yeshua` the Messiah when He was "in the form of God" as the Word BEFORE He took "the form of a bondservant," and came "in the likeness of men." At that time, He WAS "equal with God."

Second, I thought you said that the Holy Spirit (the Ruwach haQodesh) is the THIRD Member of the Trinity, yes? Thus, Yeshua` doesn't get His omnipresence through Him any more than He does through His Father (who, by the way, is also said to be Spirit)!

And, no. The names "Father" and "Son" were NOT "in the deity before humans had use of the terms." If the names were included, then the Jews wouldn't have had (and still wouldn't have) such a bad time accepting that God would have a Son! He was called "the Word," NOT "the Son!" That came LATER:

Psalm 2:1-9 (KJV)

1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?
2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,

3 "Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us."

4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.
5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.

6 "Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion!
7 I will declare the decree:

'the LORD hath said unto me, 

"Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel."
' "

This is a prophecy about the LORD (YHWH) and His Anointed (Mashiyach or Messiah), Yeshua`, in the future. It uses NESTED quotes. This occurred AFTER Yeshua` was born and so named, presumably when He was so Anointed at His baptism, but may be earlier!

Luke 1:30-33 (KJV)

30 And the angel said unto her,

"Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. 31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive (future tense) in thy womb, and bring forth (future tense) a son, and shalt call (future tense) his name JESUS (Greek: Ieesous = Hebrew: Yeshua`). 32 He shall be great (future tense), and shall be called (future tense) the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give (future tense) unto him the throne of his father David: 33 And he shall reign (future tense) over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be (future tense) no end."

In point of fact, the decree was partially quoted by the author of Hebrews in 1:5:

Hebrews 1:1-9 (KJV)

1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, 2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir (which is what "begotten" means) of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; 3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high; 4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, "Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee?" (Psalm 2:7) And again, "I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?" (2  Samuel  7:14; 1  Chron.  17:13, from the Davidic Covenant)

6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, "And let all the angels of God worship (bow to) him." (Deut. 32:43)

7And of the angels he saith, "Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire." (Psalm 104:4)

8 But unto the Son he saith, "Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom. 9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows." (Psalm 45:6-7)

Psalm 45:1-7 (KJV)

1 {To the chief Musician upon Shoshannim, for the sons of Korah, Maschil, A Song of loves.}

My heart is inditing a good matter: I speak of the things which I have made touching the king: my tongue is the pen of a ready writer.

2 Thou (the king) art fairer than the children of men: grace is poured into thy lips: therefore God hath blessed thee (the king) for ever. 3 Gird thy (the king's) sword upon thy thigh, O most mighty, with thy glory and thy majesty. 4 And in thy (the king's) majesty ride prosperously because of truth and meekness and righteousness; and thy right hand shall teach thee terrible things. 5 Thine arrows are sharp in the heart of the king's enemies; whereby the people fall under thee (the king).

6 Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy (God's) kingdom is a right sceptre.

7 Thou (the King) lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy (the king's) fellows.

His quote here is unfortunately speaking to TWO Persons. Between that and the significant break between verses made in the 16th century, it is commonly misunderstood that verse 8 (Psalm 45:6) is speaking to the Son, also. But the point of including verse 8 is to introduce the "sceptre of God's Kingdom" for which the Anointed One in verse 9 (Psalm 45:7) is so "anointed ... with the oil of gladness."

Now, you said,

"Godhead  - At the source there is the provision by the whole Godhead,

Holy Spirit - and the direct agency of the Holy Spirit."

"At the source?" "The provision?" "Initial movement?" "Administration?" "The direct agency?" If that's not straight out of a theology book, I'll eat my hat! Bleck! It leaves a bad taste in my mouth! Get REAL!

To reiterate,

Hebrews 1:1-2 (KJV)

1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, 2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir (which is what "begotten" means) of all things, by whom also he made the worlds (when He was the Word!); ... .

Oh, and by the way, a "spirit" (Hebrew: ruwach) is a "WIND"; winds don't "hover."

3 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, Marilyn.

Nope. Philippians 2 is talking about Yeshua` the Messiah when He was "in the form of God" as the Word BEFORE He took "the form of a bondservant," and came "in the likeness of men." At that time, He WAS "equal with God."

Hi Retro,

God does not `ungod,` and then become God again. You are `blaspheming,` and I will finish this discussion as it is not edifying to any one.

Marilyn.

2 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Retro,

God does not `ungod,` and then become God again. You are `blaspheming,` and I will finish this discussion as it is not edifying to any one.

Marilyn.

Shalom, Marilyn.

It's edifying to me to know that God could come down to our level and feel our pains and sorrows! It's edifying to me to know that God - through His Son - could guarantee eternal life for all who trust in Him! It's edifying to me to know that Yeshua` can be our Mediator and stand in for us when we are called to question about sin in our life at the time of Judgment, having died AS that sin!

You're right in one sense: God does NOT 'ungod,' and then become God again! And yet, God DID 'ungod'! The "Word BECAME FLESH" - MEAT - HUMAN MUSCLE, not just "took on flesh, like clothing!" But, He did NOT "become God again!" He became - and ever shall remain - the SON OF GOD! That's what the Bible calls Him; that's what He is! And, I'm waiting for His soon return when He becomes King of the Jews, King of all Israel, and King of kings! That is NOT "blasphemy" - "belittling God!" That is declaring the depths to which God would go to retrieve us from death!

1 John 4:1-3, 15-19 (KJV)

1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ (Yeshua` the Messiah) is come in the flesh is of God: 3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. 16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. 17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. 19 We love him, because he first loved us.