Sign in to follow this  
Hazelx

Reading the Bible

Many times in the past, I have tried to read the Bible, but I have always struggled with poor concentration and barely managed to read a few sentences at a time, and with little ability to comprehend their true meaning. I would often give up and just void reading the Bible completely.

I prayed and asked the Lord to help me really immerse myself in the Bible, and immediately I was able to start reading larger sections and I am now able to understand and meditate on the meaning and context. On top of that, He has shown me the true joy of reading the Bible. It no longer feels like a chore, it feels like something I want to do, and that I enjoy doing.

I am truly grateful - thank you, Lord!

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

Reading the Bible

1 Peter 2:2 - As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

Psalm 63:1   O God, You are my God; I shall seek You earnestly; My soul thirsts for You, my flesh yearns for You, In a dry and weary land where there is no water.

Revelation 21:6  Then He said to me, "It is done I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost.

4 hours ago, Hazelx said:

Many times in the past, I have tried to read the Bible, but I have always struggled with poor concentration and barely managed to read a few sentences at a time, and with little ability to comprehend their true meaning. I would often give up and just void reading the Bible completely.

I prayed and asked the Lord to help me really immerse myself in the Bible, and immediately I was able to start reading larger sections and I am now able to understand and meditate on the meaning and context. On top of that, He has shown me the true joy of reading the Bible. It no longer feels like a chore, it feels like something I want to do, and that I enjoy doing.

I am truly grateful - thank you, Lord!

It's a familiar story. I had problems applying the Word of God to my life until the Holy Spirit intervened after I prayed about it.

Php 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which has begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

• Praise God! 2

Shalom Hazelx,

Praise Yahweh! A great story.

I have actually forwarded your testimony to another believer with the same problem. So thank you so much for sharing, I'm sure it will help and encourage them greatly.

Thank you again

Love & Shalom

• Praise God! 1

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By JesusAngelPD777
      Shalom ,Shalom, our Christian sister in US Federal Prison whom has endured many torture and injustice in USA  for nearly 5 years , a foreign land where her attorneys and the legal system has failed her , is now on a hunger strike.

For over 2 weeks she started a hunger strike where she only drinks water and milk and has been isolated and they are attempting to torture her and coerce her into eating.

The goal of the strike is to get justice, I informed her attorney and he remains silent!

WE NEED GOD'S DIVINE INTERVENTION JOIN FORCES WITH ME AGAINST THE FORCES OF DARKNESS!

our Christian sister is being afflicted let us support her.

Thank you.
    • By Sunflower86
      Hi everyone. This past weekend following into the week ive been dealing with a lot. My boyfriend and I are both believers and followers of Christ. He struggles with addiction, which I have been praying about and seeing God work in his life. He has been doing very well as far as drugs up until this weekend. He has a friend who does not believe in God and openly denounces God. This friend is always supplying him with drugs and bad advice. Everytime they hang out my boyfriend will back peddle so much in life and in his walk with God. This friend has such a dark presence that he will tend to sway my boyfriends belifs a little bit. This weekend he has been on drugs to another degree that ive never seen before. I have been fasting and praying for him constantly to combat this. Today my employer let me know that I wouldnt have to come in out of the blue, which i was relived by. As i was praying i kept getting distracted and my prayers would just stop. This happened about 2 or 3 times when suddenly I got up and walked toward the dresser that he rested his phone on. Before i knew it I picked up his phone and saw that he had gps open to an address very far into the city. I looked to see the last app he had open and turns out he had made arrangements with a prostitute and have since found out that he had met with one yesterday. Ive been fasting and praying for him as well as our relationship. I believe that God wanted me to see what i saw today. What do i do??
    • By Hello World
      I am a 32 year old male and I was diagnosed with severe Teratozoospermia ( a condition characterized by the presence of sperm with abnormal morphology that affects fertility in males) I am married for 3 years already and we are having difficulty conceiving because of my condition. We went to a doctor but he said my condition is irreversible and the only way to get my wife pregnant is to undergo Invitro Fertilization which is very expensive.
      I am so down right now because I feel that I am useless and not a good husband.
      Please help us pray because we really want a baby of our own.
    • By jacquelineinfo3@gmail.com
      In prayer there is a journey. There is a growth. There is a maturity from petition to decree. A petition originate from me to God. A degree originates from God to me. Which one is more powerful? We are to be like Moses releasing judgments prophetic decree and declaring before Pharaoh: let my people go.

This is the purpose of the ecclesia: to be governing body. You legislate you declare and decree. This is how you rule and reign.

• By Reinitin
      Was praying for vacation bible Schools and youth camps all of the US and World this morning. Grateful for the seeds placed in me as a child, growing up in a non Christian family.
      Lord, I ask for Labors in your harvest to be filled by your Spirit with the message of salvation for the children of our nation. Lord our children are under attack and I know many are the angels before you pleading for them and testifying to you of the evils being done to them. Send them back Lord to us with the words and power to save and to train this generation of children to be labors in your fields, so when you return for us Lord your harvest will be great. For your Glory Lord.