What is a Snake Dream means?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

What does a dream about snakes means? I dreamed of a black snake where I was bitten on the leg and the snake ran off after biting... Though there was no terror or pain in dream, i am tensed after waking up!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,403
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

A lot of times dreams are just dreams and don't mean anything. Aside from that I personally don't buy into the idea that seeing something in a dream universally means something. People can view something in so many different ways that it's probably impossible for something to mean the same thing to everyone.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

On 3/2/2019 at 6:39 AM, iampeterson said:

What does a dream about snakes means? I dreamed of a black snake where I was bitten on the leg and the snake ran off after biting... Though there was no terror or pain in dream, i am tensed after waking up!

On 3/3/2019 at 6:02 AM, AnOrangeCat said:

A lot of times dreams are just dreams and don't mean anything. Aside from that I personally don't buy into the idea that seeing something in a dream universally means something. People can view something in so many different ways that it's probably impossible for something to mean the same thing to everyone.

Hello, iampeterson, 

Clocking your time here, you most likely just woke up and posted this question. Sounds pretty scary to me! Good that you weren't terrorized by this dream. Hopefully, this kind of thing doesn't occur often. Included, is some common sense here from AnOrangeCat, and I'd have to agree with it. No need to make an attempt for interpretation. God bless!

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles 

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 3/2/2019 at 2:39 PM, iampeterson said:

The body can react to feelings that the mind produces even if it is just from a dream.

• 2 months later...

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  05/15/1991

Am very interested in this topic. Just 2 nights ago i had a similar dream and didn't know meaning. 

But in my own dream, the snakes did not bite me. But it was very scary because there were like 10 snakes on the bed with me ( in the dream). And some were even crawling on me.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

A snake can have many meanings. Rarely good.

As far as interpreters of dreams I am only aware of

two (Joseph and Daniel) in the Bible.

Everyone else is subject to disbelief IMHO.

At least until proven otherwise.

God may or may not be "speaking to you" in dreams.

I'm not saying he can't.

But I do believe if that is the case, he wants you to know the interpretation

i.e. the meaning of what he's saying.

In the Bible, the dreams of Pharaoh and Nebuchadnezzar and interpretations by

Joseph and Daniel were to show the leaders, the world and all who read scripture

that God is in control.

The twilight mind can imagine many things in intricate detail. Things that don't seem 

right in the awakened state make perfect sense in the dream state (like picking up and delivering

apples in mail boxes or whatever). 

I recall dreaming someone said or did something in the past that they never did but in the dream it was

a vivid memory. And when I wake, if I recall it, I realize this person never said or did any such thing.  But it

made perfect sense in the dream that they did.

If the LORD is putting something on your heart or trying to warn you about something...  he will open your

understanding. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,935
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

Snake cud speak abt enemy in disguise.

May be.

• Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,935
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

On 9/29/2020 at 11:51 PM, Samuel91 said:

Am very interested in this topic. Just 2 nights ago i had a similar dream and didn't know meaning. 

But in my own dream, the snakes did not bite me. But it was very scary because there were like 10 snakes on the bed with me ( in the dream). And some were even crawling on me.

On 3/2/2019 at 9:39 PM, iampeterson said:

May be it cud mean an enemy in disguise.

Edited by R. Hartono

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,075
  • Content Per Day:  9.77
  • Days Won:  149

There are entire books written about dream meanings. There's probably something in one of them about snakes. Most of the books were not written by Christian authors and I tend to take that with a grain of salt.

The Bible has more in it about dreams than only the most famous stories like the dream of Nebuchadnezzar and Joseph.

There might be something to it or not. The only way to know is to see if anything happens to enlighten you on it in any way. 

Both evil and good spiritual forces use the medium of dreams at times. People hounded by demons often have nightmares. God also uses dreams for different purposes.

Often if God is sending a message the dream will be repetitive. You might have the same dream two or three times in a row.

I have had dreams more often than usual lately. If I have a "nonsense" dream, say I had too much chocolate before bedtime, those dreams tend to be silly and never mean anything. OTOH, I have had dreams I knew had implications. Don't ask me how I know the difference but I can tell.

In one dream I had, a certain church I know about was dark when I went into it. I stepped inside and there were people inside but it was all dark and the shades were pulled. The preacher was preaching in the dark. Only a little sunlight coming in through the thick curtains. The lights were off. My general feeling of that was the church was in darkness spiritually.

Another dream I had I mentioned already and people probably think I'm a nutter.  The setting for that dream was this semi country church and I was outside of the church with a few other "people". They might have been angels in disguise. I had never seen them before. We were discussing something. It was a nice day and this church had the front door opened. There seemed to be an urgency or concern in our discussion though I don't remember what we were talking about. I looked maybe 50ft away and this grey ball maybe a little larger than a basket ball ...or what looked like a rough grey ball was rolling toward the church rather fast with no means of propulsion. 

In don't know how to exactly describe the "ball" because you could tell it was alive. We tried to see what it was and went after it. The ball went up the steps to the church and rolled right inside. We managed to get to the doorway to see it move very speedily. So fast it was scary. Legs came out of it and then it looked like a giant grey spider. The church had some kind of an entry in the ceiling, like maybe an attic hatch. This thing crawled right up into that hole.

My take away for that one was a very cunning stealthy spiritual force had entered the church and was trying to hide. After it went in there we couldn't see where it went. Was a little creepy because when you're dreaming it's real and that thing was large and it looked like it wanted to do harm. 

I think we all have dreams for various reasons. I don't have them all the time. I had one about a flying snake once. I think that might have been an indigestion dream...not sure there on that one lol.

I have had dreams I forgot but later remembered when an event happened that triggered the memory. The dream was actually of the event that had just transpired. I would get the feeling that I had done this before. I had....in my dream.

The spirit world often reaches out to us in dreams. Hopefully it's the good guys.

In case you're wondering, no I don't do drugs. I am of sound mind.

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I've only had one type of dream that means anything.  If I dream I have to go to the bathroom, it's because I have to go to the bathroom.  DO NOT find a restroom in your dream.  I've heard bad things can happen. 

• Haha 1