Confessing sin?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  84
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I tend to notice myself sinning almost constantly. This may be because I am overscrupulous--that is true in some areas, but it seems like a lot of these things I'm noticing really are sin. But this means I get worn out trying to confess sin. Do I need to confess these sins immediately, or can I wait until I have some quiet time to myself? What if I forget a sin?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

1 hour ago, nigh said:

What if I forget a sin?

Who is doing the forgiving? Are they dependant on you to identify your sins before they forgive you?

In order to be forgiven and saved did you confess every sin you had ever commited or did you just admit to being a sinner?

It is the Almighty Creator God who has forgiven you your every sin and has applied to you the rightousness of Jesus.

You still sin and still need to admit that to God.

But you didn't tell God about every sin you'd ever commoitted when you became a Christian, so you don't have to list and confess to every sin you commit each hour, day etc.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

You could simply apologize for the day's transgressions, though I must admit, I do like to make a list so that I might drive the point home to myself. If it helps, you can always sum it up: like, instead of going "I confess to this thought and that thought and this other thought," you can simply say, "I apologize for the wicked thoughts today".

Another thing... Have you ever seen a movie scene where the characters were climbing something, or crossing some rickety old rope bridge, and someone almost always says, "don't look down"? Because looking down makes you scared, and makes you freak out. You get fearful, and fidgetting about on that old bridge, the boards break out from underneath you. It's not at all bad to be aware of your sins, that they are that dark pit beneath you, but focusing on them too much can and often is a downfall. Keep your gaze both up and forward; have faith, and you will be alright.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Content Count:  1,382
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

IMO part of repentance is action. Confession is great, but you should also try to make amends where you can and correct inappropriate behaviors. It's often a struggle and a long term project, and that's okay. Talk to God about it and ask for help.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

22 hours ago, nigh said:

I tend to notice myself sinning almost constantly. This may be because I am overscrupulous--that is true in some areas, but it seems like a lot of these things I'm noticing really are sin. But this means I get worn out trying to confess sin. Do I need to confess these sins immediately, or can I wait until I have some quiet time to myself? What if I forget a sin?

Shalom Nigh,

Confession of sins is good, change from sinful practices is better.  My friend, don't burden yourself so much with tasks you cannot reasonably accomplish. But rejoice, as it seems like you are in training with the Holy Spirit, who convicts of our sins.

Please consider the below story to explain the matter...

Imagine you own a company. You have an employee who often makes mistakes. So, you sit a trainer with the employee to train them in the right way of doing things. The trainer flags up every issue that the employee makes so that they can deal with the issue or understand the error to stop repeating it. The employee sends you emails every time the trainer highlights a mistake, to apologise to you.  At other times, they list every mistake in a long email at the end of each day.

As the boss of the company, do you want a constant flood of emails from that employee saying that they recognise each mistake?  Or would you rather they improve themselves and email gratitude for the correction you have supplied through the trainer?

Therefore, confession is good but change is better.  If you notice your faults and flaws - praise Yahweh that he has given the Spirit to navigate you correctly. And then, make the change, today.  If you think you are forgetting a sin to repent of, ask the the Father to bring it to your mind. If he doesn't, move on, improve and refine your walk.

Be encouraged my friend! Again, it sounds like you are in a training which is an incredible blessing.

Love & Shalom

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

23 hours ago, nigh said:

41 minutes ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Shalom Nigh,

Confession of sins is good, change from sinful practices is better.  My friend, don't burden yourself so much with tasks you cannot reasonably accomplish. But rejoice, as it seems like you are in training with the Holy Spirit, who convicts of our sins.

Greetings Nigh, 

I couldn't have said it any better, so I'll leave it with what Tzephanyahu has stated here for you. All the best in Christ Jesus, our Lord. God bless!

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,796
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

In a world of work to earn the right to something... New birth, as to being born anew not of corruptible seed but of incorruptible, one will find a direction 180 degrees than that of the world and sin... yet that which practiced the sin is still present within and still wanting the pleasures of sin. This new reality of change is present in all who have come to Jesus without resource to save themselves and have cried out to Him to be saved by Him … This occurs when belief and helplessness merge into one focus toward Jesus Who is the way, truth and life from escape of what we were born with.... the who of what we are 'sinners' dwelling in a place that is to be cast away when God's Word is finished with it'.... all these words just to simply say: The salvation Jesus came and carved out by His Own flesh and blood is available to all who will open their hearts door to Him and His entrance into that dead heart causing s/Spiritual regeneration of new life in Him.... One becomes of new birth 'not of this world' and is no longer kept by our effort alone but also By Him Whos walks with us here and now in the darkness....

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

On 3/4/2019 at 8:53 AM, nigh said:

Scrupulosity in sin can really wear a person down. For now, commit to spending some time nightly doing two things:

1) Confessing to God one or two sins of the day, like the "biggest" that day

2) Praising and thanking God for dying and rising to pay for those sins

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Rom 8:5  For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit.

We should focus on Jesus and all He has done for us--our riches in heaven.  When we focus on our sin we are more apt to do and think the things we don't want.  When we focus on Jesus we become more like Him.  So spending so much time focusing on all we have done wrong doesn't help us overcome our sin and do what is good.  

You should confess the ones that come to mind at the end of the day, the ones that most bother you, and trust God to remove them from your life.  I say you because you are overly scrupulous.  I confess them when I am aware of them because they have broken my fellowship with God.  However, you don't seem to be able to discern which are those the Holy Spirit is pointing to.  Sometimes self or even the enemy rubs our noses in everything, and some are even planted in our minds by the enemy and are unwanted thoughts.  It would be best for you to focus in Jesus and His love for others, asking Him to live and forgive through you.  Reach out to others to be a blessing to them and don't focus on yourself or your sins.

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

On 3/4/2019 at 3:53 AM, nigh said:

There are four stages of spiritual maturity, ...babe, child, teenager/young men and adult, where are you in your walk with the Lord?

A babe in Christ is like a human baby, they dirty their diapers, the are messy, they don't have any control or coordination over their limbs, and they need to be fed, ...and as parents we don't hold that against them because they are babies, ...so it is with babes in Christ, they are spiritually immature and need to be fed with the sincere milk of the Word. 1 Pet 2:2

John tells us in his first epistle that there are two things a child in Christ knows, ...their sins are forgiven and they have known the Father, ...simply put is, John 3:16:

For God (Father) so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Teenagers or young men, ...John tells us they have overcome the evil one (temptation), they are strong (capable to be used in ministry by the Lord) and the Word of God is living in them guiding and directing their lives.

Fathers, first fathers have know He Who is from the beginning, the word know in the Greek is ginōskō, which means to know from experience, they know Him as ABBA Father, the One who provides all things for them, ...second they are fathers, that means they have  won people to Christ through the Gospel message.

So, where are you, if you answer that question truthfully and sincerely from your heart we can go on to talk about how to progress in your Spiritual walk with our Lord.

Lord bless