IGNORED

Let Patience Have Her Perfect Work (James 1:4)

Michael37

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,916
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

Are you letting patience do it's thing?

James 1:4  But let patience have her perfect work, that you may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

I'm waiting patiently for a reply, maybe some insight, or a testimony. 

I have to be very patient with some of the people in my life...very patient.

I'm thinking James had to be, him being the brother of Jesus, same mother, different father. 

He wanted to keep in with the synagogue crowd, hoped they would look favourably on Jews that became Christians.

Stirred folk up with his epistle.

Thanks James.

Praise God for the Book of James.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

Shalom brother,

Patience is a sign of faith.  If we panic about times and situations, it is implying that the Father has limited resources left to work with and might lose His chance.  Of course, consciously we know this is nonsense, but subconsciously the flesh is eager to strike before the perfect time. 

It reminds me of Moses striking the rock to provide water for the Israelites. It doesn't say that Moses was impatient, but he was becoming impatient with Israel and, as a result, became angry with them.  This seemingly harmless act was highly significant to Yahweh as there was a prophetic analogy he was trying to make. How dangerous our own impatient actions can be!  Your post cannot be underestimated in importance because of this matter.

Patience is a virtue that shows faith, self-control, peace and contentment. If we remain faithful to Him, our time for service will come. It is good to pray that we recognise such windows of opportunity when they arise and that we have strength and courage to see them through.

Love & Shalom

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,916
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

19 hours ago, Tzephanyahu said:

It doesn't say that Moses was impatient, but he was becoming impatient with Israel and, as a result, became angry with them.  This seemingly harmless act was highly significant to Yahweh as there was a prophetic analogy he was trying to make. How dangerous our own impatient actions can be!  Your post cannot be underestimated in importance because of this matter.

Hey thanks for this exhortation with its insight and encouragement, Tzephanyahu. As you may be aware, the rock typifies Christ, who in fact was struck and punished , suffering on our behalf, but taking it patiently in the manner you describe. What an edifying thought! 

There is something about the epistle of James that is different from the others. Some say it lacks the warmth they express but it certainly stirs me to zeal.

Jas 1:5-8
(5)  If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that gives to all men liberally, and upbraids not; and it shall be given him.
(6)  But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavers is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
(7)  For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
(8)  A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

• Praise God! 1