Last Daze

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

Jesus states four times in John 6 that the resurrection of the righteous will take place on the last day.

• This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day. v39
  • For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day. v40
  • No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day. v44
  • He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. v54

It is also stated in 1 Corinthians 15 that those who are Christ's are raised immortal at His coming.

• For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive. But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ’s at His coming. v22-23

Since it is stated that the resurrection of the righteous takes place at Christ's coming, and also stated that the resurrection of the righteous takes place on the last day, it's reasonable to conclude that Christ's coming takes place on the last day.  The question is, "the last day of what?"  To find the answer to that question, all we have to do is see what ends when Christ returns.

• Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand.  And he laid hold of the dragon, the serpent of old, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years.  Revelation 20:1-2

Satan's kingdom is destroyed and he is thrown into angel jail.  His nearly 6000 years of influencing the human race is over.  The time of restoration spoken of by the prophets begins when Jesus returns and the righteous put on immortality.  There is only one return of Christ and it happens on the last day.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,040
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Last Daze said:

Jesus states four times in John 6 that the resurrection of the righteous will take place on the last day.

• This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day. v39
  • For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day. v40
  • No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day. v44
  • He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. v54

It is also stated in 1 Corinthians 15 that those who are Christ's are raised immortal at His coming.

• For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive. But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ’s at His coming. v22-23

Since it is stated that the resurrection of the righteous takes place at Christ's coming, and also stated that the resurrection of the righteous takes place on the last day, it's reasonable to conclude that Christ's coming takes place on the last day.  The question is, "the last day of what?"  To find the answer to that question, all we have to do is see what ends when Christ returns.

• Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand.  And he laid hold of the dragon, the serpent of old, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years.  Revelation 20:1-2

Satan's kingdom is destroyed and he is thrown into angel jail.  His nearly 6000 years of influencing the human race is over.  The time of restoration spoken of by the prophets begins when Jesus returns and the righteous put on immortality.  There is only one return of Christ and it happens on the last day.

The Jews are raised when Jesus RETURNS. The Church is not Israel. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

Here is something to consider about a last day, one of the last day was in Acts 2 event. 

Those scriptures used in John 6, could it really be referring to this ?

Acts 2:16-18 (KJV)     signs of the  HG baptism
16  But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
17  And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:             18  And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

Ephesians 2:1 (KJV) 1  And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

Romans 6:4 (KJV) 4  Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Colossians 2:12 (KJV) 12  Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Romans 8:11 (KJV)
11  But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Could this be what Jesus was referring to raising up people in their baptism to give them life

Jesus did come with the holy spirit to dwell in them.

Last days can be for different events.

Satan will have his last day which is in Rev. 20

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Days Won:  16

While the earth remains,
Seedtime and harvest,
Cold and heat,
Winter and summer,
And day and night
Shall not cease.”

“No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.

At His (Jesus) coming a very specific, well defined, limited group are raised to rule and reign with Him.  Those who are His and who were willing to do for His Name and Word exactly what He did for them.

And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

The "rest" of the dead are raised in a second resurrection, clearly detailed and outlined in Rev 20:12-13.  If we take a very literal reading then the "rest" means any and all not qualified for the first resurrection.

It's really very simple but so much assumption and addition has clouded things its really hard to cut through to the simplicity  of the truth.  We really need to take the millennium into account and FATHER'S coming to earth, just as the Son did.  Bringing with  Him the dead in Christ ....

Edited by Jostler
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, Last Daze said:

Questions,  Questions, Questions

Not sure of what point of time is meant at His coming concerning the resurrection .

Do  they take place at the same time, if not what happens first, the resurrection of the dead, or the second coming in our future.

Are we in the last days before the "end of time

Will there still be forgiveness of sin after the second coming

2 minutes ago, naominash said:

I'm still a bit confused on the timing of things.

I just hope it's soon.

sooner than most will be ready for.  If He makes an opportunity there's a lot there that can be expanded on.

Edited by Jostler
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, naominash said:

It's like you're on to something good (theologically speaking) and I'm totally lost.

my post is a little unfair to Last Daze.  I've had the privilege of being exposed to more of his revelation/thinking than he's been able to get to in  this thread so far.  And I have tremendous respect for what he's had revealed to him.   Jumping in the way I did might seem like i was antagonistic....I'm not at all :)  We'll see where the Lord takes this.  I think it might be a good thread :)

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,599
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

8 hours ago, Jostler said:

And I have tremendous respect for what he's had revealed to him.

As do I.

18 hours ago, Last Daze said:

Interesting. I agree it's the 'last day' just not sure what group of days this refers to.  It could be when Satan is bound, that is a last day. But what about 'those days will be cut short or no flesh would be saved'? There is a last day there as well. Yes? No?

16 hours ago, Revelation Man said:

The Jews are raised when Jesus RETURNS. The Church is not Israel. 

15Brethren, I speak in terms of human relations: even though it is only a man’s covenant, yet when it has been ratified, no one sets it aside or adds conditions to it. 16 Now the promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. He does not say, “And to seeds,” as referring to many, BUT RATHER TO ONE, “And to your seed,” that is, Christ. 17  What I am saying is this: the Law, which came four hundred and thirty years later, does not invalidate a covenant previously ratified by God, so as to nullify the promise. 18 For if the inheritance is based on law, it is no longer based on a promise; but God has granted it to Abraham by means of a promise.

19  Why the Law then? It was added because of transgressions, having been ordained through angels by the agency of a mediator, until the seed would come to whom the promise had been made. 20 Now a mediator is not for one party only; whereas God is only one.21 Is the Law then contrary to the promises of God? May it never be! For if a law had been given which was able to impart life, then righteousness would indeed have been based on law. 22 But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

23  But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the law, being shut up to the faith which was later to be revealed.24 Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith. 25But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. 26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s descendants, heirs according to promise.  - Galatians 3

If the church isn't Israel then the church is not in Christ.

• Thumbs Up 2