• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

12 hours ago, Jostler said:

At His (Jesus) coming a very specific, well defined, limited group are raised to rule and reign with Him.  Those who are His and who were willing to do for His Name and Word exactly what He did for them.

The "rest" of the dead are raised in a second resurrection, clearly detailed and outlined in Rev 20:12-13.  If we take a very literal reading then the "rest" means any and all not qualified for the first resurrection.

It's really very simple but so much assumption and addition has clouded things its really hard to cut through to the simplicity  of the truth.  We really need to take the millennium into account and FATHER'S coming to earth, just as the Son did.  Bringing with  Him the dead in Christ ....

I agree.  1 Corinthians 15 lists the three times that putting on immortality takes place.

• For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive.  But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ’s at His coming, then the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power. vv 22-24
  1. Christ the first fruits - This took place at His resurrection.  The more I reflect on Matthew 27:52-53, the more that I think that this first instance of putting on immortality includes old covenant saints, along with Jesus, as first fruits.
  2. Those who are Christ’s at His coming - This is going to take place when Jesus returns.  Those who are Christ's will put on immortality.  By definition, those who belong to Christ have crucified the flesh with it's passions and desires, according to Galatians 5:24.  This immortal resurrection includes those who are victorious over the beast, his mark, and the image as you point out.  This group is made up of new covenant believers from all nations, Jews and Gentiles.  This is the main harvest.
  3. The end - This is after the millennial kingdom and after Satan is released and dealt with.  This is when the sheep are separated from the goats and the kingdom is handed to the Father.
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

5 hours ago, Diaste said:

15Brethren, I speak in terms of human relations: even though it is only a man’s covenant, yet when it has been ratified, no one sets it aside or adds conditions to it. 16 Now the promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. He does not say, “And to seeds,” as referring to many, BUT RATHER TO ONE, “And to your seed,” that is, Christ. 17  What I am saying is this: the Law, which came four hundred and thirty years later, does not invalidate a covenant previously ratified by God, so as to nullify the promise. 18 For if the inheritance is based on law, it is no longer based on a promise; but God has granted it to Abraham by means of a promise.

19  Why the Law then? It was added because of transgressions, having been ordained through angels by the agency of a mediator, until the seed would come to whom the promise had been made. 20 Now a mediator is not for one party only; whereas God is only one.21 Is the Law then contrary to the promises of God? May it never be! For if a law had been given which was able to impart life, then righteousness would indeed have been based on law. 22 But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

23  But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the law, being shut up to the faith which was later to be revealed.24 Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith. 25But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. 26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s descendants, heirs according to promise.  - Galatians 3

If the church isn't Israel then the church is not in Christ.

aayyyyyyyymen!  :)

5 hours ago, Diaste said:

Interesting. I agree it's the 'last day' just not sure what group of days this refers to.  It could be when Satan is bound, that is a last day. But what about 'those days will be cut short or no flesh would be saved'? There is a last day there as well. Yes? No?

I agree that the term "last day" is a bit ambiguous which is why I think it helps to link it to the return of Christ.  I find it interesting that Jesus speaks of the last day as if His audience understood the reference.  No one asked Him to clarify and Martha indicates that she was familiar with the idea.

• Martha said to Him, “I know that he will rise again in the resurrection on the last day.”  John 11:24

We don't know how accurate Martha's perception of the "last day" was but she was at least familiar with the concept.  Maybe she's just echoing what she heard from Jesus earlier or maybe the idea of a last day came from the prophets.  When you look at how prevalent Satan's demise is in prophetic scripture, it's not a stretch to see it as an understood "last day" when the time of restoration would begin.

My view of "those days being cut short" is that it is a reference to the days of great (intense) tribulation not lasting for the full duration of the 42 month war against the saints.  The war against the saints continues for the full 42 months but not with the same intensity as when it began.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Diaste said:

Interesting. I agree it's the 'last day' just not sure what group of days this refers to.  It could be when Satan is bound, that is a last day. But what about 'those days will be cut short or no flesh would be saved'? There is a last day there as well. Yes? No?

My conviction is that Jesus was being VERY literal in both possible interpretations of what the "last day" is.  The first possible interpretation  is a day in which the sun goes down on Jerusalem, and doesn't come back up again.   Of course  if you're on the opposite side  of the earth from Jerusalem the sun  will rise and not  have time to set again :).  If we accept that for the sake of argument, then Genesis gives us an important clue as to something else that must happen on that  last day.  A second "identifier".

“While the earth remains,
Seedtime and harvest,
Cold and heat,
Winter and summer,
And day and night
Shall not cease.”

If God's promise to Noah is sure (and of course it is) any literal "last day" MUST include the removal of the earth from any sense of 'remaining'.   So can we find in Scripture a day  when the earth no longer remains?   We can:

Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea.

My  assumption is that this day in which the current earth we know and heavens now extant disappear,  is also the "last day" Jesus referred to.  If we look around at the context that day is the final day  of the Millenial reign, followed closely by the Judgement (and second resurrection) when Father brings the New Jerusalem down out  of heaven and comes to earth Himself to initiate the final phase  of the  Kingdom by  receiving it from Jesus - whose whole purpose was to restore us and the Kingdom to Father after  finally destroying ALL the works  of the devil and subduing all His enemies.

There is a second clearly defined Biblical definition  of a day  and that is a 1000 year long prophetic day.

But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

And it just so happens that this understanding neatly fulfills BOTH interpretations.   With the last literal day also being the last 24hrs of the last 1000 year prophetic day. 

There IS a "last day" of sorts associated with the day Jesus comes (and satan is bound in the pit).  But it is the last day of an AGE...not the last day  of the world.  That "last day" is the transition from the 6th prophetic 1000 year day into the first day of the final 1000 year day.   But it isn't the end of the earth as we know it and cannot be the last day  promised in Genesis....because the earth  remains.  And it must remain for one thousand year Rest day.  The Millennial Kingdom.

Once this is taken as a basis, and we begin working to see how all other Scriptures "fit" this scenario, there is MUCH  evidence supporting it...IMO it's proof.  Few have noted that the Kingdom must go through  three "possessions".  Daniel tells us the first to POSSESSS the  Kingdom are the Saints.  Then Jesus returns and receives the Kingdom (earthly expression, He's already been crowned King  of Heaven) from the Saints who have possessed it  in His Name.   Then after Jesus has subdued ALL His enemies, the sky is rolled up like a scroll and heaven and earth  are renewed/replaced - Father descends from Heaven with the New Jerusalem/Bride and all those who died in Christ with Him, and finally Father receives the Kingdom from Jesus who died to retrieve it for Him.

I do hope that made a lick of sense :)

Edited by Jostler
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  4,040
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Diaste said:

15Brethren, I speak in terms of human relations: even though it is only a man’s covenant, yet when it has been ratified, no one sets it aside or adds conditions to it. 16 Now the promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. He does not say, “And to seeds,” as referring to many, BUT RATHER TO ONE, “And to your seed,” that is, Christ. 17  What I am saying is this: the Law, which came four hundred and thirty years later, does not invalidate a covenant previously ratified by God, so as to nullify the promise. 18 For if the inheritance is based on law, it is no longer based on a promise; but God has granted it to Abraham by means of a promise.

19  Why the Law then? It was added because of transgressions, having been ordained through angels by the agency of a mediator, until the seed would come to whom the promise had been made. 20 Now a mediator is not for one party only; whereas God is only one.21 Is the Law then contrary to the promises of God? May it never be! For if a law had been given which was able to impart life, then righteousness would indeed have been based on law. 22 But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

23  But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the law, being shut up to the faith which was later to be revealed.24 Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith. 25But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. 26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s descendants, heirs according to promise.  - Galatians 3

If the church isn't Israel then the church is not in Christ.

You guys have a problem with God's "TIMING" then you conflate it with being OF CHRIST. That's on you brother, not me. I understand perfectly that all who come to Christ comes BY FAITH. It's just done at a different time !! So you point to scripture that basically says all that comes to Christ must come by FAITH ALONE and I am screaming  I AGREE, but not via your/my TIMING but via God's timing. 

Getting the Rapture right means you can understand what God actually does as per the timing, not getting it right means one can't understand these things. The Church is Raptured then God takes the scales off of the Jews eyes just like Rom. 11 says. Then the 1/3 of Zechariah 13 repent whilst the 2/3 perish. That means 1/3 comes to Christ in just the manner that Galatians 3 says they must come doesn't it ? BY FAITH ALONE !! I never understand those who says Jesus will save the Jews who repent at the end, well that wouldn't be by FAITH ALONE, but Malachi 4:5 says they REPENT BEFORE the Day of the Lord. So they turn to God via FAITH ALONE, just as we do, just at a different TIME !! Israel is not the Gentile Church, they come unto Christ AFTER the Rapture. 

Edited by Revelation Man

2 hours ago, Jostler said:

There IS a "last day" of sorts associated with the day Jesus comes (and satan is bound in the pit).  But it is the last day of an AGE...not the last day  of the world.  That "last day" is the transition from the 6th prophetic 1000 year day into the first day of the final 1000 year day.   But it isn't the end of the earth as we know it and cannot be the last day  promised in Genesis....because the earth  remains.  And it must remain for one thousand year Rest day.  The Millennial Kingdom.

Yes, that fits in perfectly with how I understand the Day of the Lord.  Jesus returns on the day of the Lord and puts an end to Satan's rule (Satan's last day).  ALSO, the return of Jesus is the beginning of the last day as in 1000 year prophetic day.  Never saw the millennial reign as the "last day" before.  Thanks for that.  It makes perfect sense.

Edited by Last Daze
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,599
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

43 minutes ago, Revelation Man said:

You guys have a problem with God's "TIMING" then you conflate it with being OF CHRIST. That's on you brother, not me. I understand perfectly that all who come to Christ comes BY FAITH. It's just done at a different time !! So you point to scripture that basically says all that comes to Christ must come by FAITH ALONE and I am screaming  I AGREE, but not via your/my TIMING but via God's timing. 

Getting the Rapture right means you can understand what God actually does as per the timing, not getting it right means one can't understand these things. The Church is Raptured then God takes the scales off of the Jews eyes just like Rom. 11 says. Then the 1/3 of Zechariah 13 repent whilst the 2/3 perish. That means 1/3 comes to Christ in just the manner that Galatians 3 says they must come doesn't it ? BY FAITH ALONE !! I never understand those who says Jesus will save the Jews who repent at the end, well that wouldn't be by FAITH ALONE, but Malachi 4:5 says they REPENT BEFORE the Day of the Lord. So they turn to God via FAITH ALONE, just as we do, just at a different TIME !! Israel is not the Gentile Church, they come unto Christ AFTER the Rapture. 

But it has nothing to do with the point I made from scripture. I even highlighted the important parts.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  4,040
  • Days Won:  0

12 minutes ago, Diaste said:

But it has nothing to do with the point I made from scripture. I even highlighted the important parts.

Of course it does, like I say, you conflate the timing. We will all be ONE IN Christ, but the Jews who come to Christ after the Rapture only do so because the scales have been taken off of their eyes. 

Rom. 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 26 And so all Israel shall be saved: 

You are so worried about the timing you lose sight of the facts, we are all one in Christ in that Abraham BELIEVED God via the promise of the Coming SEED which was Jesus, Daniel BELIEVED God, Peter and Paul BELIEVED God/Jesus, the Church Believes on Jesus and the Jews who REPENT during the 70th week will BELIEVE on Jesus as their Messiah !! Is not that all ONE IN CHRIST ? You just don't get the timing, well Paul tells us the timing in Rom. 11, it's right there brother, Israel will BE BLIND until the Fullness of the Gentiles {Rapture} be come in, the Gentile Church is what's being spoken of here, not the ones who tread Jerusalem for 42 months in Rev. 11, that is the Gentile Beast/Governments. 

The Church will be in Heaven when Israel repents. The IN PART of course means there will be some Messianic Jews but MOST will be blinded until after the Rapture. Nowhere do I say anyone comes unto Christ outside of FAITH in Christ, thus we are all ONE, but we are not Israel and Israel are not Gentiles !

So I did see your highlighted passages brother. I just don't get why you guys conflate Israel and the Gentile Church as per how God is going to deal with them in HIS OWN TIMING !! 

P.S. There are also Gentiles that come unto Christ during the 70th Week Tribulation period, they are the Martyrs under the Altar and the Remnant of Revelation 12:17. There are likewise Jews who REPENT during the Church Age thus the IN PART, so there are both Gentiles and Jews who come unto Christ BEFORE the Rapture AND Gentiles and Jews who come unto Christ AFTER the Rapture. That = ONE in Christ via FAITH alone, but scriptures show us God deals with Israel during the 70th Week in general. God tells us this if we just listen to the passages. 

1 hour ago, Last Daze said:

Yes, that fits in perfectly with how I understand the Day of the Lord.  Jesus returns on the day of the Lord and puts an end to Satan's rule (Satan's last day).  ALSO, the return of Jesus is the beginning of the last day as in 1000 year prophetic day.  Never saw the millennial reign as the "last day" before.  Thanks for that.

Just one little nit pick...and it may not really matter.  But the day satan is incarcerated in the pit (at Jesus return) is not quite the end of satan and his activity.  It's a 1000 year interruption, but he is released to  deceive the nations  one last time at the  end of the  thousand years.

and he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while.

This incarceration is limited....only a thousand years.  At the end of the Millennial Reign he will be released one last time.  And for a purpose.  Understanding why a loving God would release satan on mankind again.....with all the devastation, loss and destruction that will mean...is very  enlightening.

Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea.  They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them.

There will be one final rebellion.  Amazing  as it sounds, but in a Kingdom with a PERFECT government from the King on down through subordinate kings, judges, peace officers, Mayors of cities right on down to the dog catcher.   All unbribable, incorruptible, incapable of perverting justice.  In a reign where the earth itself is restored to Eden-like peace.  Where animals are all once again herbivores....no longer devouring one another to live.  In an age where human life spans will return to  something  similar to pre-flood spans, where disease is virtually unknown.....men will still harbor rebellion in their hearts.

This Kingdom is the FINAL proof that rebellion rules the heart of fallen man, even in a season  when the  environment is perfectly safe, perfectly just and any attempts to pervert justice are quickly subdued by an iron scepter, proceeding from His Throne in Jerusalem, and enforced by a government system as perfect as  He is.  Men will still rebel and will not be able to say the devil made me do it.

satan will be released one last time to REVEAL for all to see, for all eternity, what is in the heart of fallen man, apart from the blood of Jesus.

Edited by Jostler

6 hours ago, Last Daze said:

I agree.  1 Corinthians 15 lists the three times that putting on immortality takes place.

• For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive.  But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ’s at His coming, then the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power. vv 22-24
  1. Christ the first fruits - This took place at His resurrection.  The more I reflect on Matthew 27:52-53, the more that I think that this first instance of putting on immortality includes old covenant saints, along with Jesus, as first fruits.
  2. Those who are Christ’s at His coming - This is going to take place when Jesus returns.  Those who are Christ's will put on immortality.  By definition, those who belong to Christ have crucified the flesh with it's passions and desires, according to Galatians 5:24.  This immortal resurrection includes those who are victorious over the beast, his mark, and the image as you point out.  This group is made up of new covenant believers from all nations, Jews and Gentiles.  This is the main harvest.
  3. The end - This is after the millennial kingdom and after Satan is released and dealt with.  This is when the sheep are separated from the goats and the kingdom is handed to the Father.

The way you broke that down matches my understanding perfectly.  And it matches the parable of the wheat and tares.  Once He had destroyed, systematically, verse by verse, all my pretty pre-trib sermons, I wondered at how I ever got so caught  up in it.  He actually showed me how it happened but that's a long story  in itself :).  But particularly with the parable of the tares and wheat, we can clearly see there is ONE major end time  harvest.   Peter clearly informed us at Pentecost that  that end times harvest had begun.

“But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:

‘And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God,
That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh;
Your sons and
your daughters shall prophesy,
Your young men shall see visions,
Your old men shall dream dreams.
And on My menservants and on My maidservants
I will pour out My Spirit in those days;
And they shall prophesy.

Peter presented that passage from Joel as being fulfilled before the eyes of those gathered to witness the first Baptism in the Spirit.

We can discern from the OT types, found in the "harvest" references and the "firstfruits" offering, that the harvest has three phases...one harvest in three parts.  A firstfruits offering to consecrate the harvest.  Which is realized in Jesus resurrection and the resurrection of an  unknown number of chosen OT saints.....a "sheaf" taken from the  midst  of a field and offered to God before  the whole field is fully ripe ...it is taken from the earliest ripening grain in the field.  After that comes the main harvest....a huge  focused ingathering operation where all hands work dawn to dusk  to bring in the crop.  Almost simultaneously the "gleanings" are harvested....those parts of the harvest left in the corners of the  field at the Lord's command, for the sake of the poor. 

But, the simple challenge to me was to  wonder how I'd ever believed in a pre-trib rapture, when this parable makes it CLEAR, that the first to go are the  TARES!  :)  Only after the  tares are removed is the wheat gathered into the Master's barn.

Matthew 13 covers all that in great detail, and Jesus Himself explains  ALL the symbolic elements so we need not be confused about  those.  Careful reading and ultra-literal interpretation paint a pretty darn clear picture :)

The above breakdown you shared also aligns perfectly with Rev 20 and the TWO  resurrections outlined there....

Edited by Jostler
  • Thumbs Up 1