• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,986
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

37 minutes ago, Jostler said:

I will give it a shot friend.  I'm in a battle for time atm....one He has appointed so it's not exactly a bad one :)  But I'm in a season where there's more to do than hours in a day.  I'll do my best to put something  together as soon as He brings that up to the top of whatever priority list He manages to get through my thick head :)

Edit to add:  I also have a concern about drifting too far from Last Daze's intent for the thread.  My conviction  that he began this thread as a result of a direct leading from God is strong, and I want  to be sure to not interfere with  how He is directing Last Daze to proceed with it.

44 minutes ago, Diaste said:

I typically reject "there is considerable evidence that He has divided His plan for human history into theologically significant 1000 year days" out of hand. 

Care to share this evidence and maybe change my mind? 

I started the following topic last year which would be a good place to continue a discussion on the millennial - day theory, if you're so inclined.

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/210220-millennial-day-theory/

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,599
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Jostler said:

I will give it a shot friend.  I'm in a battle for time atm....one He has appointed so it's not exactly a bad one :)  But I'm in a season where there's more to do than hours in a day.  I'll do my best to put something  together as soon as He brings that up to the top of whatever priority list He manages to get through my thick head :)

Edit to add:  I also have a concern about drifting too far from Last Daze's intent for the thread.  My conviction  that he began this thread as a result of a direct leading from God is strong, and I want  to be sure to not interfere with  how He is directing Last Daze to proceed with it.

Seems more that relevant to the discussion. The last day could be determined by the eschatological concept of 1=1000. This discussion appears to me to be an offshoot of the concept. But I'll go check the thread LD suggested.

32 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

I started the following topic last year which would be a good place to continue a discussion on the millennial - day theory, if you're so inclined.

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/210220-millennial-day-theory/

Gave it look. Psalm 90:4. God is simply not in bondage to time and we are. Probably why we look for that particular anchor.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

On 3/7/2019 at 2:31 AM, Diaste said:

Interesting. I agree it's the 'last day' just not sure what group of days this refers to.  It could be when Satan is bound, that is a last day. But what about 'those days will be cut short or no flesh would be saved'? There is a last day there as well. Yes? No?

I tend to think there is a "last days" (which obviously includes a singular last day) in  view there, but in my mind it's the last day  of an age, vs the last day of the earth.  That last day of those days "cut short" would have to be the day Jesus returns which  is also the last day of Satan's Kingdom as Last Daze pointed out.  All pretty clearly detailed in Rev 19.

10 hours ago, Jostler said:

I tend to think there is a "last days" (which obviously includes a singular last day) in  view there, but in my mind it's the last day  of an age, vs the last day of the earth.  That last day of those days "cut short" would have to be the day Jesus returns which  is also the last day of Satan's Kingdom as Last Daze pointed out.  All pretty clearly detailed in Rev 19.

Not to be pedantic but there are quite a few 'last days'. How about the last day of a specified time period? The last day of 42 months, perhaps? Maybe that coincides with the last day of an age, the earth, or Satan's kingdom, maybe not. Maybe the last day does not refer to a 'day' at all but certain conditions that may exist over a period of time, e.g., 'in that day' is that same as 'during that time'.

I don't think it would have to be. The last half runs 42 months during which is both persecution and wrath. Persecution ends with Jesus return a bit short of 42 months and the beast continues to reign the full length, only now under the wrath of the Lamb, which wrath will end when the 42 months of the beasts prophesied reign comes to an end.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

2 minutes ago, Diaste said:

Not to be pedantic but there are quite a few 'last days'. How about the last day of a specified time period? The last day of 42 months, perhaps? Maybe that coincides with the last day of an age, the earth, or Satan's kingdom, maybe not. Maybe the last day does not refer to a 'day' at all but certain conditions that may exist over a period of time, e.g., 'in that day' is that same as 'during that time'.

I don't think it would have to be. The last half runs 42 months during which is both persecution and wrath. Persecution ends with Jesus return a bit short of 42 months and the beast continues to reign the full length, only now under the wrath of the Lamb, which wrath will end when the 42 months of the beasts prophesied reign comes to an end.

as I indicated before I tend to believe Jesus was very specific about a specific last day but I understand not everyone agrees.  As far as all those other specifics go you've got a lot more conviction about those than I do.  My understanding is pretty simple....but maybe that's the problem...dunno.  I tend to believe satan's armies and kingdom are wiped out before He  hits the ground in Rev 19.  I don't see Him pussyfooting around with satan and his mess very long after "the brightness of His coming" goes to work on 'em :)

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/9/2019 at 11:03 AM, naominash said:

I think spiritual martyrdom is possible. 

Remember when Jesus said, "Into Your hands, I commit my Spirit?"

He was dying in every sense of the word.

I believe you can deny yourself to the point where your soul just leaves your body.

Yes, His death on the cross was the culmination of a life given over completely to do the will of the Father.  We are likewise exhorted to follow His example.

• Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me.  For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.  Matthew 16:24-25

Those who are a part of the kingdom of God should seek to serve their King.  We should sacrifice our own desires for the purpose of knowing and doing His will.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.47
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 3/7/2019 at 9:12 AM, Last Daze said:

Martha said to Him, “I know that he will rise again in the resurrection on the last day.”  John 11:24

Amazing how the translation of one single little preposition can make such a difference in meaning. In the case here, "on" is the presumed meaning of the Greek preposition en, which primarily means "in" -- "in the last day." Big difference.

In my view, the only day that qualifies to fulfill all of the prophecies about "the last day" is the 7th Day, that is, the Millennium. Otherwise known in Hebraic tradition as olam ha-ba, "the World to Come" (or, more literally, the Coming World").

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, WilliamL said:

Amazing how the translation of one single little preposition can make such a difference in meaning. In the case here, "on" is the presumed meaning of the Greek preposition en, which primarily means "in" -- "in the last day." Big difference.

In my view, the only day that qualifies to fulfill all of the prophecies about "the last day" is the 7th Day, that is, the Millennium. Otherwise known in Hebraic tradition as olam ha-ba, "the World to Come" (or, more literally, the Coming World").

I'm gravitating toward that view myself.  Wouldn't it correctly be referred to as the day of the Lord?  With the 1000 year reign of Christ taking up most of that day?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.47
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 3/12/2019 at 6:50 AM, Last Daze said:

I'm gravitating toward that view myself.  Wouldn't it correctly be referred to as the day of the Lord?  With the 1000 year reign of Christ taking up most of that day?

The term Day of the Lord is used in different contexts. The view you express above is certainly one of them.

Other Days of the Lord took place in the past. Here is one of them, which prophecy was fulfilled by the famous Battle of Carchemish in 610 B.C.:

Jer. 46:2 Against Egypt. Concerning the army of Pharaoh Necho, king of Egypt, which was by the River Euphrates in Carchemish, and which Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon defeated in the fourth year of Jehoiakim the son of Josiah, king of Judah...

10 For this is the day of the Lord GOD of hosts,
A day of vengeance,
That He may avenge Himself on His adversaries.
The sword shall devour;
It shall be satiated and made drunk with their blood;
For the Lord GOD of hosts has a sacrifice
In the north country by the River Euphrates.