Need i feel guilt?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  56
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

"Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?" Matt 12.  As far as guilt before the lord, you need not feel guilt for not wanting to spend your time and energy with people who do not share your faith in Christ.  Even if they are family members.  Your true family, as Jesus implied, are your spiritual brothers and sisters in Christ.  Pray for them (your family), respect them as children of God, love the player not the game, help them in whatever way they will allow WITHOUT compromising your faith or the peace and joy of Christ's presence.

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 3/6/2019 at 11:01 PM, Melinda12 said:

Just because your actual siblings are your blood must you keep in touch? 

I have nothing in common with my brothers. After years of forcing myself to endure their company due often to pressure from our mother, i have realised i am wasting time, energy and money on people who are toxic towards me. I am civilised to them, polite. But we see the world so differently that it is pointless. I certainly will not confide in them

I feel guilty. They are atheists. I am Christian. They think i am nuts! Huge difference and i find it irritating. Does the Bible say anywhere that we must be close to our own relatives? 

Please help me ease my guilt and put this right before God. 

My relatives are agnostics and i am a firm believer, i still talk to them and pray for them and you should do the same. God bless.