• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Titus 2:4-5 

And so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.

The bible is clear we are to love our husbands. If you feel you hate him, then you need to work that out and learn to love him again. It is not grounds for biblical divorce.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Praise God! 1
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Titus 2:1-5 

But as for you, teach what accords with sound doctrine. Older men are to be sober-minded, dignified, self-controlled, sound in faith, in love, and in steadfastness. Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, Kristin said:

Does Jesus be with us in marriage. What if you hate your spouse

Did you hate him when you gave your vows to live together till death due us part?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, Kristin said:

Shalom Kristin,

I don't know about your situation of course, so I can't really offer any specific advice. However, what I can say to you is this - I don't think we can expect Jesus to be with us if we hate anyone. 

If your marriage is causing you much grief, then obviously something needs to be addressed. But hate should never be the way, or the conclusion.

Apologies, I know it's easy for me to say! And forgive my brevity - it doesn't reflect my heart towards your difficult situation. But, ultimately, it's true. Nurturing hatred in your heart will hurt you in the long run more than anyone else.

Love & Shalom

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

13 hours ago, Kristin said:

Wow, not an easy question to answer with no details (What if I hate my spouse?)

I don’t know if he is mentally or physically abusing you, staying out late coming home drunk, being ugly toward you with his words, and so on. If any of these do exist, it is okay to separate in order to protect yourself and children if you have any. 

I don’t know how long you have been married, how long your problems have been going on, why you hate him, what have you done to seek a reconciliation, and so on.

Just curious, is he a child of God too? 

I can say it is definitely permissible to hate your husband’s actions and words but as for hating him...that may be a different matter.  I don’t recall Jesus “hating” individuals, and he certainly had reason to, didn’t he?  So, I personally don’t feel clean going around saying I “hate” so and so, even my worst enemies. 

So I guess what I’m saying is hate is generally not in God’s vocabulary, so,I try not to make it a part of mine.  But, GRIEVED certainly is. See Genesis 6:6 where it says the Lord was so “GRIEVED at making man...” he decided to bring the flood and basically start all over.  So maybe you could go from a feeling of HATE toward your spouse to being GRIEVED that you married him. (Just trying to get away from using the HATE word.) 

But what is more important here, as I see it, are the causes for these intense feelings you have.  They are real, so imo, these  have to be brought out and dealt with....they usually just don’t go away.  

I can say if you are a true child of God, that He would never forsake you (leave you) so that I do know without needing more details.  God is with us ALL THE TIME! 

Edited by Spock
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

Love is a decision. Love is an action.

Every person on the planet is both loveable and hateable.

The definition of friend and foe:

Friend - Your smallest accomplishments are lauded and your worst failures are racked up as "well, nobody's perfect".

Foe - Your slightest sin is proof you are a crazy monster and your greatest accomplishments are treated as, "even a stopped clock is right twice a day:.

When you marry someone you commit to being their friend. 

Period.

Edited by Still Alive
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

Yes, He's with every born again believer.
No, He's not with any non believer.

If you, as a non believer,  hate your spouse, believe on Jesus for salvation.
If you as a believer, hate your spouse, repent, or change your thinking.  Pray for him as your bible says.
This will change your feelings for him after a while. (And him, as God will hear your prayers)

If you, and him, are believers, pray together. God WILL hear your prayers.

James 5;16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Hello Kristin

While I believe this question has been answered adequately by those who have already posted, I believe love is, very importantly, a choice.

Every decision in life is a choice.  As with those replies you have already had, we don't know your situation.  However, (no judgment here, as God is our only Judge), based on the very small amount of knowledge that we do have,  "If someone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen." 1 John 4:20.

Your post may not even apply to your own situation.  We  can only quote God's Word and, in John, we have a lot to go by with the issue of loving our brother/neighbour.

We must not harbour hate/anger/unforgiveness/resentment/bitterness in our hearts towards any other person.  We must forgive. That is a choice, and that choice is made by asking the Lord to make us willing to be willing to forgive, whatever the offence.  (It is also a commandment - Jesus said we must forgive 70 x 7 and this means always.)  (I also do not make light of some dreadful offences against us.)  We don't want barriers between us and our Saviour - we want a clean heart before Him.  These things create barriers and we don't want them in our hearts.  With the help of our Lord, we can make choices to love all people.  We do not love a lot of the things they do.  But, there but for the grace of God go I.

At the end of the day, people are not our enemy.  Satan is our enemy, and the father of the lies that people believe.

Love to you Kristin.  Please understand that I care about all my sisters and brothers and am pointing the way to the Word that Jesus spoke.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,644
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Ah hate. That misinterpreted feeling mistaken as the opposite of love.

Indifference is the opposite of love.

Hate has an active stake in the object (person) of one's hate.