• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,184
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

Luke 18:19 (NASB)
And Jesus said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone.

“No one is good except God alone”

This truth, is the eternal bedrock of God and all creation. The insight into this pillar and foundation of reality, that the establishment of this truth, is meant to bring to light and convey. The eternal  absolute unchangeableness of this truth. The all encompassingness of this truth, nothing is to be left out. This truth puts everything in its proper place. This truth peered into, gives such a knowledge of God that puts the heart to rest, and a joy that grows that literally fills all the Heavens. This knowledge that God alone is good. It is through this lens that all scripture, and even life itself, needs to be seen and understood through. For it is only through this lens, can life and scripture be understood as they are in  truth and reality meant to be understood.  This is the foundation that all things need to be seen through. That creation itself was brought forth by God that He would have a place to manifest and bring forth the good, which only His Divine Nature can manifest, which is the revelation of Himself. Moreover this truth tells us exactly what God will and won’t do. Good, He will do, not good He won’t. Once seen, this truth causes the heart to explode with rejoicing, love and admiration for this God who is good, always.

Heaven is Heaven because of this truth. All Heaven sees into, and eternally rejoices in this truth. We, as His redeemed out of our fallen state, have been given eyes that can see into this truth and are invited to look into the very depths and eternity of this truth, that God alone is good. Seeing into this truth, of that which is good, by God’s definition of what is good, which is that which is good from the eternal ground. This brings us to a very solid place of rest, trust and hope before God. This place where our eyes are not on us. But on this God who raises the dead. Our eyes look to Heaven for all good things. Our hope lies in God to manifest goodness and righteousness in and through us in every and all circumstances and situations. This faith and hope in a God who is outside ourselves, but yet, also has chosen with our consent, to live in us. Our faith and hope in a God who is interested in everyone of our actions, from the so-called smallest, to the so-called greatest. It is this God that says He alone is good. It is in this God that calls and beckons us to come to Him. For the reason and purpose that because He sees that He alone is good. He sees our only hope is in Him doing goodness and righteousness in and through us. He waits and works all things in us so that we too, could and would see this truth also.  

This truth that “God alone is good” is a truth that will free us from any and all hope of ever doing anything in and of ourselves that could possibly be pleasing to God. This truth brings us to our knees, or to put a sharper point on the sword, to the death of ourselves before Him. This knowledge that He alone is good. Stops all looking to ourselves for the answers. Causes our focus to be Heavnward, to God alone. 

This brings us to a place where seeing the reality of this simple truth;

If it’s me it’s sin, if it’s Christ it’s not. 

This truth puts both God and the believer in their correct, righteous and glorious place, One the giver and one the receiver. He who is the Eternal all Good and we who are the eternal recipients of His Eternal all Goodness. 

Oh, to have our eyes opened to see into this truth, to hope in this truth, to know into this truth;

“That God alone is good”

All that follows this truth, and the ramifications this truth brings to light.  The fellowship with one’s Creator that acceptance of this truth brings into the experience and life of the believer. Even more the absolute dependence that this truth establishes once this truth is accepted, believed and trusted in. That just how blessed we are to have a God that is all Goodness as goodness is in itself. And even still, willing to share that goodness with us. Not as our human reasoning understands good, but as goodness, as the essence it is in itself, as a stand alone quality, apart or separate from all things to the contrary. 

This is why the life of this world must be denied or given up and over and brought to death. For the life of this world is that life that elevates itself above the good or that which is right. For in eternity there are only two possibilities of creation or existence, the good, or, that which is contrary to the good. Which is as eternal as the good, for it is that which is eternally  contrary to the good......which contrary, has the nature of hell in it. 

God alone is good. This wonder of wonders. To be given the opportunity to know and have fellowship with this God who is good. Moreover to be asked if we would be willing to be part of His family.  The truth of this boggles the human reasoning. This truth causes the heart to be perplexed yet rejoice for the enormity of this truth. Yet this eternal truth remains;

“That God alone is Good”

Blessings, 

Much love in Christ, Not me

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,900
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

3 hours ago, Not me said:

That just how blessed we are to have a God that is all Goodness as goodness is in itself. And even still, willing to share that goodness with us.

Hi Not Me. Yes, the very word "good" is associated with the word "God". Based on what Christ said when He asked "Why do you call me good? No-one is good except God alone.", some legalists have unfortunately sought to place a prohibition on using the word good and it's extensions. These legalists object to the exclamations, "Goodness me!" and "My goodness!" not considering that goodness is produced as fruit of the Spirit, and that Paul was persuaded the Christians at Rome were full of goodness. I do however abhor and disparage the use of OMG in short or in full in any remarks.

Rom 15:14  And I myself also am persuaded of you, my brethren, that you also are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, able also to admonish one another.
Gal 5:22-23
(22)  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
(23)  Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Many translations and paraphrases including the NIV have "goodness" where the KJV and others say "virtue" in the wonderful sorites (Lit. heap) of qualities in the following passage which explains what God has given us so that we can be partakers of His divine nature.

2Pe 1:3-9
(3)  According as his divine power has given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that has called us to glory and virtue:
(4)  Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these you might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
(5)  And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
(6)  And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
(7)  And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
(8)  For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that you shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
(9)  But he that lacks these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and has forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

For this very reason you must do your utmost from your side, and see that your faith carries with it real goodness of life. Your goodness must be accompanied by knowledge, your knowledge by self-control, your self-control by the ability to endure. Your endurance too must always be accompanied by devotion to God; that in turn must have in it the quality of brotherliness, and your brotherliness must lead on to Christian love.
  • Thanks 1

Guest In Him

Thank you for this word. It is beautiful. I'm not qualified to articulate on this subject, but can attest to what it has done to my heart.

I'm a weeper, so I wept and prayed over these sentences each time I read it: what a good God!

4 hours ago, Not me said:

It is in this God that calls and beckons us to come to Him. For the reason and purpose that because He sees that He alone is good. He sees our only hope is in Him doing goodness and righteousness in and through us. He waits and works all things in us so that we too, could and would see this truth also.  

4 hours ago, Not me said:

This truth that “God alone is good” is a truth that will free us from any and all hope of ever doing anything in and of ourselves that could possibly be pleasing to God. This truth brings us to our knees, or to put a sharper point on the sword, to the death of ourselves before Him. This knowledge that He alone is good. Stops all looking to ourselves for the answers. Causes our focus to be Heavnward, to God alone

Edit: There is so much here and the truths herein are beautiful and cause me to read them over and over; and to love and want to know Him more!

Edited by In Him

1 hour ago, Michael37 said:

Hi Not Me. Yes, the very word "good" is associated with the word "God". Based on what Christ said when He asked "Why do you call me good? No-one is good except God alone.", some legalists have unfortunately sought to place a prohibition on using the word good and it's extensions. These legalists object to the exclamations, "Goodness me!" and "My goodness!" not considering that goodness is produced as fruit of the Spirit, and that Paul was persuaded the Christians at Rome were full of goodness. I do however abhor and disparage the use of OMG in short or in full in any remarks.

Rom 15:14  And I myself also am persuaded of you, my brethren, that you also are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, able also to admonish one another.
Gal 5:22-23
(22)  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
(23)  Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Many translations and paraphrases including the NIV have "goodness" where the KJV and others say "virtue" in the wonderful sorites (Lit. heap) of qualities in the following passage which explains what God has given us so that we can be partakers of His divine nature.

2Pe 1:3-9
(3)  According as his divine power has given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that has called us to glory and virtue:
(4)  Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these you might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
(5)  And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
(6)  And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
(7)  And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
(8)  For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that you shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
(9)  But he that lacks these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and has forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

For this very reason you must do your utmost from your side, and see that your faith carries with it real goodness of life. Your goodness must be accompanied by knowledge, your knowledge by self-control, your self-control by the ability to endure. Your endurance too must always be accompanied by devotion to God; that in turn must have in it the quality of brotherliness, and your brotherliness must lead on to Christian love.

My fellow seeker after the truth of Christ Michael37. May God grant you a increase of Himself in your innermost being. Yes, our God is Good. May we come to know this Good God as He would have us to know Him. 

Blessings, as we search for this Good God with all our hearts. 

1 hour ago, In Him said:

Thank you for this word. It is beautiful. I'm not qualified to articulate on this subject, but can attest to what it has done to my heart.

I'm a weeper, so I wept and prayed over these sentences each time I read it: what a good God!

This Good God, who you cry and weep before, is teaching you inwardly of Himself. Which He will continue to do till it is;

“All of Him and nothing of you.”

So your rejoicing may be eternal. 

Blessings, 

Edited by Not me

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0

Amen I agree with you :)

1 hour ago, shortangel said:

Amen I agree with you :)

Oh, that our hearts would be enlarged to know this God who alone is good by experience. 

The blessings, the rest, the joy, the peace, and to have eternal fellowship with this God who alone is good. Causes the heart to Worship. 

Blessings,