Frustrated

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0

amen I agree with everything said here,  i'm kind in the same boat as you Mozart's,  i'm kind of doubting my salvation because I've messed up with trying to keep myself sexualy pure before marriage  it's been a tough struggle but I know that through prayer & confessing sin & reading God's Word I can overcome what i'm going through

Edited by shortangel
the word up
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 3/8/2019 at 1:25 PM, Mozart's Starling said:

So as of late I am deeply concerned with the state of my heart and am questioning my salvation. I wake up angry every day, have hateful thoughts throughout it, and commit sins which I'd rather not go into detail on here. I have prayed for assistance on this and as far as I can tell nothing is changing. Daily I find myself asking for forgiveness for the same sins over and over and feel stuck in a rut. I have mental issues and I am sure that has something to do with it but I can honestly say I NEVER feel at peace with one sole exception years ago. I am always agonizing over everything I do worrying if it is a sin or not or worrying about my heart being hardened till the point I cannot be saved. Anyone else felt this way before? I had thought I had accepted Jesus years ago, literally felt the Holy Spirit enter me and yet here I am today, a sinful and angry man.

On the one hand, we do have commandments we need to obey. On the other hand, for some reason, some people add burdens on top of those commandments. So, obey the Lord's commandments, but no need to burdens the Lord didn't command you to carry.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

When a memeber of the Body of Christ sins, they should do the same thing with that sin that God does—- put it on the Cross.All of your sins were forgiven there.That is the up-side. The down - side is that although it does not affect your Salvation, when you choose the sin, you also choose the consequences.If you are a Child of God , you are open to chastisement.God will punish those that He loves, just like a good parent does.The chastisement will serve to further God’s goal of turning you into the image of His Son,which in the end  is the point of all of this earthly existence.Sin away if that is your foolish choice, but never forget that God is not One to be toyed with.He has been known to strike people dead if they think they can abuse the Grace of God that His Son died for.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,410
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

On 3/8/2019 at 4:25 PM, Mozart's Starling said:

So as of late I am deeply concerned with the state of my heart and am questioning my salvation. I wake up angry every day, have hateful thoughts throughout it, and commit sins which I'd rather not go into detail on here. I have prayed for assistance on this and as far as I can tell nothing is changing. Daily I find myself asking for forgiveness for the same sins over and over and feel stuck in a rut. I have mental issues and I am sure that has something to do with it but I can honestly say I NEVER feel at peace with one sole exception years ago. I am always agonizing over everything I do worrying if it is a sin or not or worrying about my heart being hardened till the point I cannot be saved. Anyone else felt this way before? I had thought I had accepted Jesus years ago, literally felt the Holy Spirit enter me and yet here I am today, a sinful and angry man.

There are many others who are going through similar issues right here i would suppose, but is not that brave as to come forth and be examined ect.  The devil comes to steal,kill and to destroy and would seek to bring temptation, trials and other situations to cause you to bring doubt as to your salvation.  You as a believer has to stand on the word and every time you stumble, you take the bold and courageous step to get up, tie your lases and press on.  

Remember, the race is not for the swift, but for those that endures till the end.   With all the world enticements, the believer has to be watchful and in prayer all the time as you don't have to leave the house to be enticed to the lust of the eyes and the flesh.  Social media and the speed at which we can communicate now with discreetness, can be a force to reckon with, but only you and your heart can and has to battle with the enemies tactics.  The battle is for the mind and so you must fight the good fight of faith and DO NOT give up, no matter how many times you mess up.  The Lord knows the heart.     

Each man has his burden to bear and some choose to share theirs and some keep in secret or private.  We have a vicious foe that is bent on not letting you live a fruitful and mature life in Christ.  So, whatever your trials are, persevere and keep determine to not give in to the lies the devil places in your mind to doubt your salvation. Some believers may not go through difficult trials and troubles in comparison to others, so they may not be able to relate when others go through the difficult times that they do.  There is so much to tempt and trouble any man, that we must be determine to live Godly and pure .  Trust in the Lord with all thy heart, soul and mind and lean not unto thy own understanding. Proverbs 3

Proverbs 3 King James Version (KJV)

My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments:

For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee.

Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart:

So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man.

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil.

It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  267
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  10/27/1990

Thanks for the support everybody. :) It has helped a lot to get my head straight again. This is EXACTLY why the Bible says not to forsake assembly. Thanks again!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  949
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,515
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 3/8/2019 at 4:25 PM, Mozart's Starling said:

Hi, 

There certainly can be long periods of time when a saved person  doe snot serve his lord well. And there can be tremendous revival of spirit too! Also it is not all that unusual for any person to came to the realization that all the childhood  raisingand the learning and th ebaptizing though emotional  di dnot really result in th e experience of being born anew by the agency of the Holy Spirit, that instead there was a new attending to chores and to doing good works, that slowly faded as outside influences were accepted and th eHoly Spirit repressed.

It is a good thing that you are angry with yourself enough to review what's up? Praise God for that anger at yourself, maybe time to break and submit anew give all glory to God for your own salvation and be fully satisfied that it is God that saves and not man, not any man at all. Then do not only read the word pray upon it an dlive it like never before, not for th emerit of self but for th e pure joy and certainty that comes from it.

Confess to God, and perhaps ask Him for an accountability partner a mentor and or a friend that also will join with you in prayer one for the other.

May God bless you greatly, Amen

• Thumbs Up 1