• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/16/1994

I love the idea of a Christian art section. Of course, this includes literature. So I thought I'd share my poem, originally written and read at a school event honoring the techniques of Emily Dickinson.  I hope you all enjoy it.                             

Radiance of Pearl

Romance and I have never met,

Though I glimpse him through a fog—

At times in forms most fine,

Once appearing as a man of virtue,

Of compassion and encouragement

Attractive,

The future I imagined was an illusion—

The fog ate him away with no hope of interaction—

I am alone and cold,

Worthless slime—

Hideous obscurity.

I prayed—

With agony’s wheeze rather than words,

Until there came in answer the soundless voice,

Radiance of Pearl

Pearls are rare—first interpretation derived,

But then the second unfurls. 

Does a pearl know that it’s a pearl?

Is it aware—while in the darkness of its shell—of

Its beauty forming layer by layer?

No,

It doubts in darkness,

Lost in its fissure—until the sun kisses it

And it feels that it’s a treasure.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 9:14 AM, Emily Norris said:

I love the idea of a Christian art section. Of course, this includes literature. So I thought I'd share my poem, originally written and read at a school event honoring the techniques of Emily Dickinson.  I hope you all enjoy it.                             

Hi Emily,

That was very heart rending. Thank you for sharing such an intimate poem. There is so much `heart` in some poems and they express our deeper emotions, just as music can. Did you know we have a Poetry club here on Worthy where you can post your poems?

regards, Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/16/1994

15 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Emily,

That was very heart rending. Thank you for sharing such an intimate poem. There is so much `heart` in some poems and they express our deeper emotions, just as music can. Did you know we have a Poetry club here on Worthy where you can post your poems?

regards, Marilyn.

Thank you very much. I'm glad it was touching. I will check out the poetry club as well :)

• Thumbs Up 1