• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, turtletwo said:

@missmuffet It is definitely a comfort. A huge one.

But ftr, I believe God understands our grieving. There were time periods set aside for mourning in the OT. It has been only 10 days for me since Mom passed (so still quite fresh.) 

As I said, I am :) happy she is with the Lord. But I know what you mean. Here is scripture that coincides with your comment nicely. 

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18

13 "But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words."

Praise God! Mom will have her new body in the end. In the meantime, she is with Him spiritually (because to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.)

You are dearly loved swidl .   

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Act 8:2  And devout men carried Stephen to his burial, and made great lamentation over him.

G2870   (Strong)

κοπετός

kopetos

kop-et-os'

From G2875; mourning (properly by beating the breast): - lamentation.

It comforted me to know that the disciples also mourned deeply over the death of Stephen.  It is OK to grieve the loss of those we love.  I still miss my mom and she passed in 1970.  As I said, her love will never leave you. It is the thing I remember most about her and it will always be with me.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

@Willa Thank you, sister. This means a lot to me and is most helpful. The loss of a mother is like no other. I'm sorry about yours. God bless you for this comforting post. 

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/8/2019 at 8:22 PM, backontrack said:

I know there is a lot of controversy with this verse 2 Corinthians 5:8 but how can one explain this when Jesus himself said to the thief on the cross today you will be with me in paradise. He is no different from us a forgiven sinner.

The rich man was on the other side of the gulf and Lazarus in Abrahams bosom was able to see him as he to was in heaven. Luke 16: 19-31

Some say when we die we sleep but above the thief did not sleep! 

Forgiven sinners go to... Heaven.

Sleep is used to describe the death of believers, not unbelievers.

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 3/9/2019 at 1:22 AM, backontrack said:

I know there is a lot of controversy with this verse 2 Corinthians 5:8 but how can one explain this when Jesus himself said to the thief on the cross today you will be with me in paradise. He is no different from us a forgiven sinner.

The rich man was on the other side of the gulf and Lazarus in Abrahams bosom was able to see him as he to was in heaven. Luke 16: 19-31

Some say when we die we sleep but above the thief did not sleep! 

I think sleep refers to sleeping in this earth, because technically we are asleep because we die and then we will be raised again on the last day. Sleeping is not moving and shutting our eyes and then waking up after a while. I don't think that includes everyone that believes, but the majority.