naominash

"You are no match for the fire of the Holy Spirit!"

9 hours ago, angels4u said:

Where is that scripture found in the Bible?

It's not found in the Bible. It came from a TV drama reenacting the book of Acts. I think they took liberties, but I enjoyed it.

13 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, Chuckling but stoically as, he said; as well as what?

Seriously  if you really want to know what I am; I am a sinner saved by the grace and awesome mercy of God by God because of God alone.

From the vantage  of  of God  I suppose  have always been saved for He foreknew and  also predestined that this once self determined athiest would be turned about from sin against Him to being the most willing bond-servant of Jesus.

I have indeed learned much under the ministry of the Messianic Jew Zola Levitt. Of course Zola Liked to tell the story of how when a pastor about to introduce him to the pastor's congregation for a talk presentation asked of Zola "what is it they call you people?" Zola responded, "They used to call us Christians." I delight in that answer even today.  

My pastor of over 22 years is a New York City Jew, a Christian saved during a campus Crusade for Christ.  

I have also been  ministered to by a wide range of perhaps quite odd teachers. From Gene Scott to...  egad the Bakkers.   Had also been around Phil Johnson, James White, and Rev E.V.Hill as well. Loved E.V.s. booming voice of enthusiasm.

I am much the hybrid  creation that loves the best from men  trying their very best to share of our Lord Jesus.

p.s.-Might think of me more as a  "janitor".

I compliment your taste in Preachers.Gene Scott was a polarizing figure, yet I learned very,very much from his ministry.Zola Levitt I absolutely loved!  Man, do I miss him.If Anybody who reads this post wants a real treat—- google Zola Levitt, Go tell it on the mountain.......it will bless you.....It is fascinating....

• Loved it! 1

On 3/10/2019 at 5:35 AM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I compliment your taste in Preachers.Gene Scott was a polarizing figure, yet I learned very,very much from his ministry.Zola Levitt I absolutely loved!  Man, do I miss him.If Anybody who reads this post wants a real treat—- google Zola Levitt, Go tell it on the mountain.......it will bless you.....It is fascinating....

Poor Gene Scott went seriously off kilter and died the hard death  of prostate cancer I listened to him from So Cal back when he was broadcasting from that weak signal  tv tower on mount Baldy, long before he had his run in  with the FCC and had to buy tv time on the Playboy Channel then also try to sell satellites and tell people how to make their own receivers.

Zola was kind enough to answer my request to speak at our school's Jerusalem market the public invited open house the school has once a year at Christmas season and also to come to our local church body and speak on "Israel's Right To The land." We played a round of golf while our wives went antiquing.  I have his CD from that presentation  on my desk today. To know him for an hour is to know a friend one has had for life.  We talked of golf and of The Villages Golf Courses as he played them all when He was vacationing at his trailer in that part of Florida.  I much enjoy the many videos and do play his music even on to today.

My bride of today went to Jerusalem  with Zola, Sandra Levitt, and Todd Baker. She says it is a life changing experience, and is urging that we both go together. It is a small world with many to speak to about our Lord and savior Jesus. Zola has been especially helpful in advancing my own understanding.

Maranatha and Pray For The Peace Of Jerusalem

On 3/10/2019 at 4:56 AM, naominash said:

It's not found in the Bible. It came from a TV drama reenacting the book of Acts. I think they took liberties, but I enjoyed it.

Shalom naominash,

There is a good movie based on Acts which follows the events word-for-word, I think based on NIV. It's worth a watch.  Sometimes seeing the scenes unfold gives you an idea of the challenges the apostles faced and the order of events. You can watch it for free 

Love & Shalom

• Thanks 1

I have to ask.......was Zola a good golfer?      I am a bogie golfer on my BEST day......I stink and don’t care....a long time ago I accepted the fact that I have no talent for the game, but nobody has more fun than I do......

On 3/10/2019 at 3:56 PM, naominash said:

I agree to that

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 11:01 AM, Joulre2abba said:

God's wrath is according to His knowing when, to who. We aren't supposed to tell Him how, when and to who.

Moses witnessed God's wrath to those in the wilderness. God said he'd wipe them out because they'd sinned in making an idol and worshiping it. But Moses pleaded on their behalf, reminding God of his mercy.

Peter never actually rebuked Saul either.

Peter got rebuked by Paul. Why? Because Peter was only a fisherman, he didn't have years of proper training in (the equivalent of) Bible college like Paul had had. Peter recognized Paul's spiritual authority and availed himself of it, yet acknowledging that it was at times difficult to understand. But Peter was speaking from his lack of training in the level that Paul had.

Peter simply got rebuked because he was In error at the time .    OH its true paul had great knowledge ,  but the truth is , so did peter .  For whether a fisherman

or raised up as paul was ,  ITS THE HOLY SPIRIT that does all the teaching and gives men words of what to say , speak and do .

Paul had been well trained in torah ,   peter had been raised outside all of that as had john , james and the others .  YET when Even JOHN and PETER spoke

to the jews who had witnessed the healing ,   THEY MARVELLED how they could know such things .    A man , like paul before Christ appeared

was as lost as any other .   But once the grace of GOD did appear ,  He then had the right understanding of that torah he had been so trained up in .

The key to this point is ,    Let no man think he is squat ,  for if not for the SPIRIT it prospers nothing .BUT at the same TIME the point is , READ THEM BIBLES FOLKS

and read them daily and hourly .  For the scrips do make one wise unto salvation THROUGH faith in CHRIST .     PUT those hands up J two and praise the LORD .

Posted (edited)
On 3/9/2019 at 1:06 PM, naominash said:

What about God's wrath? 

Jesus does not have wrath!!!

He leaves the sins unpunished. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt

58 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:
On 3/9/2019 at 12:06 PM, naominash said:

What about God's wrath? 

Edited 43 minutes ago by Your closest friendnt

Hi, friend …  care to explain a little?  Thx!

- Selah

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Your closest friendnt said:

25 minutes ago, SelahSong said:

Hi, friend …  care to explain a little?  Thx!

- Selah

Jesus is the sacrifice, does that help...