• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,413
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

See George's post under Mormon comparing Christianity with Mormonism!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

I read somewhere that there are ten different Baptisms mentioned in Scripture— seven of them are dry. The one that is mandantory is to make sure you are “ Baptized into the Body of Christ”. That happens when you believe what is in 1 Cor15:1-4.Try it—- you’ll like it.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,899
  • Content Per Day:  3.09
  • Days Won:  1

Baptism is an acknowledgment that we receive salvation of Jesus and that cannot be withdrawn by any church.

Thanks all. There is very important information you have given me. 

My friend was sucked into a cult by the look of it. Now she attends a normal christian church of England with me. We can undo the nonsense and focus on Christ. She is a lovely person who is greatly in need of Jesus's peace. She needs love and support, not condemnation and guilt. I shall always pray for and with her. Take her burdens to our Lord's feet.  

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Days Won:  0

13 minutes ago, Melinda12 said:

My friend was sucked into a cult by the look of it. Now she attends a normal christian church of England with me. We can undo the nonsense and focus on Christ

Finding out just how much she still believes of mormon doctrine and how much she knows about Christian doctrine will take time.

Reachout trust is a good dource of information.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

Yea and amen to all who've posted. Melinda, 1stly, can I make this categorically clear, The Mormons are a "cult" there is NO validity to them in the things of God. If your friend is "sold out" to Jesus, and in the humility of her heart thought she was doing the "right thing" in getting baptised, as a mormon, as others have posted, in  God fearing, Bible believing church, she should get re-baptised. In my own experience, (devoid of this thread), I got baptised as a 10 year old. Born into a pentecostal family, I stood up in front of the congregation, gave my statement of faith and went through the waters of baptism. Some years later, I understood that I was baptised cos I knew that I was wanting to please my father. I came to the realisation that in God's Kingdom there are no grand-children, only Children. On that basis, I went through baptism again, for myself. Not for my dad, not for an organisation, but for my spiritual health and well being. For your friend's conscience sake, and the freedom she seeks in Jesus, go for it girl, and stand with her and by her, Jesus came to set the prisoners free, Amen.

Edited by Heybro
spelling mistake
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

9 hours ago, Jostler said:

IMO Baptism is an absolutely  critical thing to obey Jesus in.  But it's an act of obedience to His will and command that DEMONSTRATES publicly that the person has BEEN saved and publicly  proclaims a life submitted to Him.  It has nothing  to  do with salvation itself...but is simply an important act of obedience.  At salvation we are introduced  to  Jesus in the power of His role and NAME - Saviour.   Baptism is an acknowledgement in the  life  of the believer that they have met Him as LORD.  One with the right to command and expect obedience.  It is possible to track our growth in Him by how many  of His "names" we have actually EXPERIENCED Him  in....not the ones we just learned exist intellectually....but the  ones He's actually drawn us through life experiences that manifested the  power of each name in our own experience.

Melinda if there is still any lingering doubt in your  friend's mind there is absolutely nothing wrong with asking to be baptized once more ....i can't imagine how it would somehow be a sin or lack of faith to simply obey Him in making a new public profession of His  Lordship over her  life and if it settled something inside for her...why not?

It is important yes, but not through any "latter day saints of Jesus Christ" aka mormonism.  Their Jesus is not the Jesus of the bible. They may use many words, phrases and so forth that is spoken by Christians, but the meanings and definitions are worlds apart.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

1 minute ago, appy said:

It is important yes, but not through any "latter day saints of Jesus Christ" aka mormonism.  Their Jesus is not the Jesus of the bible. They may use many words, phrases and so forth that is spoken by Christians, but the meanings and definitions are worlds apart.

no doubt in my mind about that :)

• Praise God! 1