• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

1 hour ago, Behold said:

I would suggest that salvation is the restoration of your broken relationship between you and GOD, that was accomplished by God in Christ Bleeding out and dying on a cross for YOU.

And regarding getting into a "mess"......If you want to get yourself out of a mess, then, just don't get into one, is the best means to avoid a mess.  Or as someone said....if you find yourself in a hole, stop digging..   etc.

However, If you want to live in eternity with God and Christ and the born again, then you need salvation.

Salvation does not save you from a "mess'.....Salvation saves you from a lake of fire.  Salvation rescues you from God's eternal judgement due you for your lifetime of sinning, that is only accomplished by FAITH IN  God on a Cross paying for  all your SIN by His own Righteous  BLOOD.

I think that you will find that if you repent of your sin, nothing blocks you from entering heaven. 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

1 hour ago, Michael37 said:

So you're not a Bible-believer...

Joh 14:1-3
(1)  Let not your heart be troubled: you believe in God, believe also in me.
(2)  In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
(3)  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there you may be also.

Strange you'd make that claim, but believe what you like about me

Place:

τοπος topos {top'-os} apparently a primary word; TDNT - 8:187,1184; n m AV - place 80, room 5, quarter 2, licence 1, coast 1, where 1, plain + 3977 1, rock + 5138 1; 92 1) place, any portion or space marked off, as it were from surrounding space 1a) an inhabited place, as a city, village, district 1b) a place (passage) in a book 2) metaphorical 2a) the condition or station held by one in any company or assembly 2b) opportunity, power, occasion for acting 

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,932
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 4:38 PM, ἔκλειψις said:
53 minutes ago, ἔκλειψις said:

Strange you'd make that claim, but believe what you like about me

Place:

τοπος topos {top'-os} apparently a primary word; TDNT - 8:187,1184; n m AV - place 80, room 5, quarter 2, licence 1, coast 1, where 1, plain + 3977 1, rock + 5138 1; 92 1) place, any portion or space marked off, as it were from surrounding space 1a) an inhabited place, as a city, village, district 1b) a place (passage) in a book 2) metaphorical 2a) the condition or station held by one in any company or assembly 2b) opportunity, power, occasion for acting 

I don't think heaven is a place, but rather something more like a situation 

What you are saying is that you don't believe heaven is anything in the definition you have given...so what is it to be...the Bible or you?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

If you say so

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

On 3/10/2019 at 3:28 PM, johnthebaptist said:

Most people seem to believe that salvation and heaven are one and the same thing. In other words, they believe that if you are saved, then you are going to heaven. What do you think?

What do you think?

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology

2 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

What do you think?

I believe the Lord leads us through life, if we listen. The better we are at obeying his commandments, the easier life is. If we stray too far, life can be most unpleasant. And when we die, we pass onto the resurrection. What about you?

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,420
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

25 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

I believe the Lord leads us through life, if we listen. The better we are at obeying his commandments, the easier life is. If we stray too far, life can be most unpleasant. And when we die, we pass onto the resurrection. What about you?

Remember the situation of the rich man and Lazarus ?.  Now, the rich man went into one place and Lazarus into another.  Where do you suppose each went to .

They are places of abode for all eternity and each one will have to go in either one or the other. It all is decided here before his last breath.

Luke 16

22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,851
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

13 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Remember the situation of the rich man and Lazarus ?.  Now, the rich man went into one place and Lazarus into another.  Where do you suppose each went to .

They are places of abode for all eternity and each one will have to go in either one or the other. It all is decided here before his last breath.

Luke 16

22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

There two main issues raise in your post and a lot of sub issues. 

Before Jesus Christ resurection and before Abraham there was  only one inheritance for all the people when they die, this is the death inheritance and all of them at the time of their death descended to the place of the dead in Hades, in the heart of the earth. Everyone to his place as was appointed to them. 

Things change with Abraham. 

As we know God seperated Abraham from the rest of the people, and took a people for himself from him. 

Not only Abraham but also his offspring from Isaac to Jacob and all of the seed of Jacob had the  righteousness of Abraham, 

God not only seperated Abraham from the rest of the people when they were alive in this earth, but God also seperated his people from the rest of the world after they died.

So God gave his people who only had righteousness their own place in the place of the dead and is known as the Bossom of Abraham. 

This is was the inheritance of Abraham after death, and not only for him but also for his offspring. 

This is the inheritance of Abraham, the promish land of Canaan fro their earthly inheritance and the Bossom of Abraham for their inheritance after death, with the promish to Abraham from God that the time will come when the CHRIST will descend to the Bossom of Abraham and give them his righteousness and of his Life and they will be also heirs of his Heavenly inheritance and ascent with him to be in the Heavenly inheritance of Jesus Christ. 

Jesus said this was made known to Abraham and he rejoys of the coming day of the Savior Jesus Christ. 

David was well educated by the Lord in theese matters and wrote about theese events in the Phalms. 

This is the Gospel the disciples gave to the Gentiles; that in Jesus CHRIST there is a knew inheritance for mankind, the Heavenly for the Lord and the children with the Life , the ascending one.

Jesus was the first one to enter Heaven, and he open the door for his people and the same way Abraham made his children co-heirs of his inheritance, in the same way we are co-heirs of Heavenly blessings and Heaven together with the Lord of Heaven Jesus CHRIST, Because we are his offspring having of his righteousness and of his Life set apart by his blood. 

Those who have died with the denial are in death and descend to the place of the dead...

Those who die with the faith of Jesus Christ are the children wirh the righteousness and Life of God imputed to them by faith, and heirs of the Heavenly promish land...

How Jesus is going to deal with those who at the time of their death they donot belong to either of those two groups is another matter not in this post...

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology

11 hours ago, warrior12 said:

Luke 16

Not everything in the Bible is to be taken literally, is it? My belief is that we could spend eternity in hell if we refuse ever to repent of our sin. Who's going to do that?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, Cletus said:

Rev 9:20  And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:
Rev 9:21  Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.

Mat 7:13  Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Mat 7:14  Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

That's right Cletus , that is RIGHT .  STAND firm , stand firm n the LORD .    Lots of folks are doing all to try and change the image of God .  We so near the end

and I fully except to be hated more than ever in the days ahead for not allowing one iota of truth to be changed .    PUT THOSE hands UP and praise the LORD .