• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

This ol hound might have sniffed something that wasn't chocolate .   I hope like all out , their is no one amongst us that even dares for a second to believe

that their is salvation OUTSIDE OF CHRIST .      OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH dear that's a ticket to the hot spot for that kind of mindset . 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

OH , I hope that is on no mans mind.

The truth is every single man or woman that was born and never sinned ONCE ,  oh they will for sure go to heaven .

THE ONLY THING IS , THIER IS NO MAN that has never erred .  THUS the conclusion , RUN to CHRIST and not the lie of inclusion   .    Did anyone like that rhyme .   

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,369
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

Not everything in the Bible is to be taken literally, is it? My belief is that we could spend eternity in hell if we refuse ever to repent of our sin. Who's going to do that?

Let's clarify or modify the above  with the change of one word in the sentence.   Can "could" be changed to "Would".     

Getting back to the OP question .  Salvation and heaven goes hand in hand.  There is no heaven without salvation, period.   It is fundamental to believers in their walk and expectation as to the word and the general conclusion of where the believer would spend eternity.  

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

15 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Let's clarify or modify the above  with the change of one word in the sentence.   Can "could" be changed to "Would".     

Getting back to the OP question .  Salvation and heaven goes hand in hand.  There is no heaven without salvation, period.   It is fundamental to believers in their walk and expectation as to the word and the general conclusion of where the believer would spend eternity.  

Okay, we'll change "could" to "would." 

I think the Lord disciplines us throughout our lives, and it can be very severe if we stray too far. When I think of salvation, I think of the Lord getting us out of messes we create for ourselves by going astray.

10 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

Okay, we'll change "could" to "would." 

I think the Lord disciplines us throughout our lives, and it can be very severe if we stray too far. When I think of salvation, I think of the Lord getting us out of messes we create for ourselves by going astray.

So then, what is biblical definition of salvation ?.   Ephesians 2:8-9.

Salvation is a momentary time in which you have made a decision, which God has initiated and by your faith you have been made new creation in Christ.  Then sanctification starts with the maturing and weeding out the habits ect.

On the other hand, we have other graces too after we have accepted the free gift of salvation that molds us further on as we walk in this world.   Sanctification is a grace that leads to holy living and it is till the last breadth. 

Hebrews 2 King James Version (KJV)

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  1,198
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

On 3/10/2019 at 4:28 PM, johnthebaptist said:

Most people seem to believe that salvation and heaven are one and the same thing. In other words, they believe that if you are saved, then you are going to heaven. What do you think?

Heaven will be for those who are saved by believing and confessing Christ is the son of God his free gift to us. John 3:16 but heaven will be there even when people are in hell for rejecting this free gift and that is sad 2 different places one way to salvation.

57 minutes ago, naominash said:

It depends.

I'm no longer OSAS.

I say, people should seek answers only from the Living God Himself rather than man-made theology.

Going to heaven is easy, I believe - all we have to do is repent (Matt 4:17). Not many people are crazy about the idea of repenting, though.

50 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

So then, what is biblical definition of salvation ?.   Ephesians 2:8-9.

Salvation is a momentary time in which you have made a decision, which God has initiated and by your faith you have been made new creation in Christ.  Then sanctification starts with the maturing and weeding out the habits ect.

On the other hand, we have other graces too after we have accepted the free gift of salvation that molds us further on as we walk in this world.   Sanctification is a grace that leads to holy living and it is till the last breadth. 

Hebrews 2 King James Version (KJV)

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

You make it sound very easy.

16 minutes ago, backontrack said:

Heaven will be for those who are saved by believing and confessing Christ is the son of God his free gift to us. John 3:16 but heaven will be there even when people are in hell for rejecting this free gift and that is sad 2 different places one way to salvation.

Or is heaven the circumstances we find ourselves in when we make right decisions?

32 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

You make it sound very easy.

Perception can be misleading, but facts are not. I was mainly addressing the way I see salvation and what follows in the christian walk as I read scripture.  It there is an error in my theology, by all means point them out as I am willing to learn from others too.

I read also, that the christian life is not easy as outlined in the scripture below and as I myself has and is a witness and experience too.

Anyway, I will move on now and hope to dialogue again.

1 Peter 4 King James Version (KJV)

12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

14 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.

15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.

16 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

• Thumbs Up 1