• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

16 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

To me, "repent" means to stop sinning.

There are a multitude of "Christians"   who "repented",  and even did miracles  , 

and they are still told ,  on JUDGMENT DAY (way way too late to be saved),   "be gone from Me" .....

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  463
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/10/2019 at 6:28 PM, johnthebaptist said:

Most people seem to believe that salvation and heaven are one and the same thing. In other words, they believe that if you are saved, then you are going to heaven. What do you think?

The apostle Paul in the new testament states.. that salvation is becoming a child of God (Gal.3:26; John 1:12) to be blessed with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Eph.1:3). At salvation we are raised up to sit together with the Lord Jesus in heavenly places (Eph.2:5-6)

God counts us to be there already. So of course we will go to heaven at death or at the rapture, whichever comes first.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

4 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

There are a multitude of "Christians"   who "repented",  and even did miracles  , 

and they are still told ,  on JUDGMENT DAY (way way too late to be saved),   "be gone from Me" .....

I don't think so. I think the ones who have repented of their failure to love the Lord with all their hearts, minds, and souls, and repented of their failure to love their neighbors as themselves, will find the gate to heaven open.

6 minutes ago, Joulre2abba said:

The apostle Paul in the new testament states.. that salvation is becoming a child of God (Gal.3:26; John 1:12) to be blessed with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Eph.1:3). At salvation we are raised up to sit together with the Lord Jesus in heavenly places (Eph.2:5-6)

God counts us to be there already. So of course we will go to heaven at death or at the rapture, whichever comes first.

Has it ever occurred to you that maybe you are already in heaven, and that you can only come to appreciate it after you repent: 

From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." Matt 4:17 RSV

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

21 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

To me, "repent" means to stop sinning.

Oh well....
Get into a solid bible study group. It worked for me, anyway.
Stopping sin is the result of repentance, or the changed THINKING.  You work out sinning less each day  now because you
are saved.   NOT to be saved.
We sin not now because
we want to show our love because of the sacrifice Jesus became as required by the Father, that saved us.
NOT because of some LAW! (By faith are we saved!   Not of works!!!)

2 Cor 5,17  Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Gal 2,20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

This is the power John. Christ in us. Not I, but Christ in me. Not the law, but by God's grace.....
Because of what God has done for us.

Don't believe me John. Just look up the word  'repent' for YOURSELF! In your bible or online. It has to do with your changed thinking. THEN, your action.............

The only barrier to truth is the presumption that you already have it...... default_cool2.gif.52cadc742ea20975253d1b15b89b209e.gif

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

3 minutes ago, Sower said:

Oh well....
Get into a solid bible study group. It worked for me, anyway.
Stopping sin is the result of repentance, or the changed THINKING.  You work out sinning less each day  now because you
are saved.   NOT to be saved.
We sin not now because
we want to show our love because of the sacrifice Jesus became as required by the Father, that saved us.
NOT because of some LAW! (By faith are we saved!   Not of works!!!)

2 Cor 5,17  Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Gal 2,20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

This is the power John. Christ in us. Not I, but Christ in me. Not the law, but by God's grace.....
Because of what God has done for us.

Don't believe me John. Just look up the word  'repent' for YOURSELF! In your bible or online. It has to do with your changed thinking. THEN, your action.............

The only barrier to truth is the presumption that you already have it...... default_cool2.gif.52cadc742ea20975253d1b15b89b209e.gif

When you sin, trouble comes into your life. When you repent - stop sinning - trouble stops coming into your life. I believe that is what the Lord is telling us here: 

From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." Matt 4:17 RSV

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  463
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

20 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

Has it ever occurred to you that maybe you are already in heaven, and that you can only come to appreciate it after you repent: 

My repentance that brings salvation for a relationship with God is a one time thing. My repentance for subsequent daily sins to stay in fellowship is for a lifetime.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

30 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

I don't think so. I think the ones who have repented of their failure to love the Lord with all their hearts, minds, and souls, and repented of their failure to love their neighbors as themselves, will find the gate to heaven open.

Sorry, no.  Return to what Yahweh Says in HIS WORD,  and do not at all rely at all on man's nor on your own understanding - anyone who relies on their own understanding,  especially if it is anything in line with catholic teachings,  has already failed, as Jesus told the disciples.   Turn to Yahweh, the heavenly Father, and start to trust Him for all things

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

4 minutes ago, Joulre2abba said:

My repentance that brings salvation for a relationship with God is a one time thing. My repentance for subsequent daily sins to stay in fellowship is for a lifetime.

Try as I might, I can't find anything to argue with here. I might substitute the word "forever" for "for a lifetime," though.

4 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Sorry, no.  Return to what Yahweh Says in HIS WORD,  and do not at all rely at all on man's nor on your own understanding - anyone who relies on their own understanding,  especially if it is anything in line with catholic teachings,  has already failed, as Jesus told the disciples.   Turn to Yahweh, the heavenly Father, and start to trust Him for all things

If we love the Lord with all our hearts, minds, and souls, and love our neighbors as ourselves, why would the Lord shut the gate to heaven for us?