• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  463
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

44 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

I don't think the sinful nature just disappears. We have to discipline ourselves not to have sinful thoughts.

You were talking about "forever", I was talking about "a lifetime". I've already stated what I have done and will do in continuously repenting throughout my lifetime.. as all Christians will do while in this untrained flesh.

The sinful nature has been already "dealt with" according to Biblical theology. The born again person in Christ is a new creature, the old "sin nature" has passed away when we were crucified with Christ. Never the less it still has a voice for as long as our behavior patterns and thought patterns are left unrenewed and not made subject to the nature of Christ that we are to daily partake of.

Therefore we walk by faith in the Son of God and His continuous working in us that we do those things that are pleasing in God's sight. We, of ourselves cannot achieve such a task. We are to daily carry the cross and daily discipline our selves to conform to God's will for us as His children in walking worthy of the Lord.

Even so, we make mistakes for which we have need to repent (apologize) unto God for our misdoings. With Jesus right there as our advocate and our righteousness.. our guarantee to mature us as we are obedient in faith that Christ be in us, our hope of glory as we are progressively transformed from glory to glory.

But, yes.. not until the rapture.. shall the flesh be changed to glorification. At which time the sinful nature fully, completely and totally disappears.

Edited by Joulre2abba
-

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

4 minutes ago, Xethea said:

i don't believe you can ever avoid sinful thoughts, because um... it's in your nature of your flesh that you are made with and connected to whether you like it or not until you leave this world. 

That being said, you can discipline yourself to not give into those sinful thoughts, basically temptations, and instead remember God's word and obey his commandments as Jesus did when Satan wanted to tempt him. He stood on scripture and overcame the thoughts of needing bread and such while he was suffering in the desert. 

I suspect it will get easier and easier as time goes on to ignore those evil thoughts. There won't be many temptations in the resurrection, I don't think.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  262
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

12 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

I suspect it will get easier and easier as time goes on to ignore those evil thoughts. There won't be many temptations in the resurrection, I don't think.

Yes, to "ignore." but to "avoid," as in, staying away from them ever even coming to your thoughts- that won't happen. But overcoming those thoughts, that is when you ignore them or say NO to them. Avoiding them is as if they never even crossed your mind as if you are almost or completely immune to ever thinking to do something sinful.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.36
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

12 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

But if we do love him, and love our neighbor, isn't the gate open?

As the Spirit of Elijah was upon JOHN and he came and preached repentance and faith in Christ .

I notice today , their is what I call the spirit of the dark Elijah .   For it points not to Christ as the ONLY salvation , but rather focuses on acceptance , Not repentance

and it makes the mind not ready FOR CHRIST but Anti Christ .    Telll me  ,  have you noticed this spirit at work .  its all over rome and many other churches

heck its all over the known world .     I NEED to hear these words from you .

Say this ,  I , your name ,   Believe that JESUS CHRIST is the only way to be saved , and that a man must believe from the heart and Confess him with the mouth

or they are damned to a lake of fire with no hope .  Say this  I , your name despise the inclusive message of rome and many , of pc and secular

and I , your name , will say and proclaim to any and all , that no religion , no budda , no muslim , no atheist , no none is saved but is only in grave danger of hell fire

LEST they repent of that wicked religion and mindset and say JESUS is the ONLY WAY and then follow wherever HE leads .      You say those words

it might help put an ol hounds mind at ease .      And I aint accusing I am only asking .    can you do this for me please .   

18 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

You mean their wont be ANY temptations in the resurrection .    We will have new glorified bodies and no longer will sin or evil be present in those bodies .

For now its a die daily fight .  And we got all we need IN CHRIST to overcome all evil .    But praise be to the Lord who gives us all we need in Christ to overcome

AND that in the world to come we wont have this contrary flesh ANYMORE . TILL then be on guard and crucify the evil by the power of Christ .    Follow and walk after the SPIRIT .

And dig deep In that bible  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

10 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

What is the next step?

God will show you His Mercy by giving you insight to the Truth thAt saves.....something the unsaved and Christian Religionists never understand........He will  grant you “ ears to hear and eyes to see”. He will see to it that you understand the reason He gave us The Law was to show that nobody can keep it and you need a Savior.....He will show you your lost position that will have you crying out  “ Lord, have mercy on me a sinner”. He will see to it that you will hear and believe the Gospel , which is Jesus died for your sins and rose from the dead three days later.Simply believing that will put you in the Body of Christ and as far as Salvation is concerned, you are untouchable.

Edited by Blood Bought 1953

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

To me, "repent" means to stop sinning.

If that is true, nobody ever has or ever will be saved.Repenting of sins for salvation is nowhere to be found in the KJV......

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,793
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

3 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

When you sin, trouble comes into your life. When you repent - stop sinning - trouble stops coming into your life. I believe that is what the Lord is telling us here: 

From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." Matt 4:17 RSV

The rain falls on the just and unjust. Jesus told us we would face hardships. Nothing to do with sin. 

• This is Worthy 1

12 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

The rain falls on the just and unjust. Jesus told us we would face hardships. Nothing to do with sin. 

IN fact is it not written that all who live godly in Christ will suffer persecution .     You are loved dear sister .    You still get prayed for too .   

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

1 hour ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

God will show you His Mercy by giving you insight to the Truth thAt saves.....something the unsaved and Christian Religionists never understand........He will  grant you “ ears to hear and eyes to see”. He will see to it that you understand the reason He gave us The Law was to show that nobody can keep it and you need a Savior.....He will show you your lost position that will have you crying out  “ Lord, have mercy on me a sinner”. He will see to it that you will hear and believe the Gospel , which is Jesus died for your sins and rose from the dead three days later.Simply believing that will put you in the Body of Christ and as far as Salvation is concerned, you are untouchable.

When we sin, trouble comes into our lives. The Lord led me to repent of my sin.