• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

7 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

You make it sound very easy.

Its this easy....... simply say, from your heart ( and God knows your heart)......Lord Jesus, have mercy on me , a sinner.....seeing one’s self as a lost sinner is the key to everything......

“ Anybody that asks for mercy shall receive it”

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

6 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Its this easy....... simply say, from your heart ( and God knows your heart)......Lord Jesus, have mercy on me , a sinner.....seeing one’s self as a lost sinner is the key to everything......

“ Anybody that asks for mercy shall receive it”

What is the next step?

• Brilliant! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

16 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

Going to heaven is easy, I believe - all we have to do is repent (Matt 4:17). Not many people are crazy about the idea of repenting, though.

All we must do is repent and BELIEVE IN CHRIST .    lets make sure we say that in full .   Because I know lots of folks who follow not Christ

they pray to whatever , and they make all sorts of repentance mode prayers .   BUT THIER END will not be GOOD .

FOR their is NO salvation found in any other name than Christ .  Let us always be saying this  .     And if one does err from the truth ,  THEN do all to correct , rebuke

and pray they be led to repentance by a good godly sorrowing .  

I have a wonderful saying .    To any and all who holler Out JESUS name ,  yet their faith has no evidence , no works , they deceive themselves , its dead faith .

But on the other hand all the works in the world without faith in CHRIST is only death and the end is the second death .

May this sink so deep into hearts and minds , that if it were possible it could be seen on an encephlogram .   

2 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

What is the next step?

How bout this beauty .   How do we know one is truly under the grace of GOD that does bring salvation .

Well watch how they walk as they profess Christ .  For the grace of GOD that brings salvation ,   OH it teaches us to DENY all ungodliness and worldy lusts

to be walking soberly , righteously and godly in this world as we await the coming of our LORD .

For the goodness of GOD leads to repentance .    It does not lead nor keep one in the darkness of sin .    It changes the heart , the mind , the inner conscious

and they walk by the power of HIS Spirit .    And if any errs they will be fast to correct those who err and they follow the pattern JESUS set and the apostels kept .

And they do it with JOY  , for the burden of the Lord is light , for it is a joy to be walking after the Spirit , where every word of HIS , is loved and treasured .

If a man says I love GOD , I LOVE CHRIST ,  yet twists HIS sayings ,   Better know and understand that man is a LIAR and loves not CHRIST .

And if one loves not Christ ,  I assure us all they LOVE NOT the FATHER who sent HIM .   Every saying of JESUS ought be loved and treasured , honored through obedience .

For if a man denies Christ ,   HE will be DENIED .     And now a word .   They profess to KNOW HIM  , yet in WORKS DENY HIM.     be a hearer and a doer or its all decepetion .

40 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

All we must do is repent and BELIEVE IN CHRIST .    lets make sure we say that in full .   Because I know lots of folks who follow not Christ

they pray to whatever , and they make all sorts of repentance mode prayers .   BUT THIER END will not be GOOD .

FOR their is NO salvation found in any other name than Christ .  Let us always be saying this  .     And if one does err from the truth ,  THEN do all to correct , rebuke

and pray they be led to repentance by a good godly sorrowing .  

I have a wonderful saying .    To any and all who holler Out JESUS name ,  yet their faith has no evidence , no works , they deceive themselves , its dead faith .

But on the other hand all the works in the world without faith in CHRIST is only death and the end is the second death .

May this sink so deep into hearts and minds , that if it were possible it could be seen on an encephlogram .   

But I would say that part of repentance is believing In Christ.

• This is Worthy 1

34 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

How bout this beauty .   How do we know one is truly under the grace of GOD that does bring salvation .

Well watch how they walk as they profess Christ .  For the grace of GOD that brings salvation ,   OH it teaches us to DENY all ungodliness and worldy lusts

to be walking soberly , righteously and godly in this world as we await the coming of our LORD .

For the goodness of GOD leads to repentance .    It does not lead nor keep one in the darkness of sin .    It changes the heart , the mind , the inner conscious

and they walk by the power of HIS Spirit .    And if any errs they will be fast to correct those who err and they follow the pattern JESUS set and the apostels kept .

And they do it with JOY  , for the burden of the Lord is light , for it is a joy to be walking after the Spirit , where every word of HIS , is loved and treasured .

If a man says I love GOD , I LOVE CHRIST ,  yet twists HIS sayings ,   Better know and understand that man is a LIAR and loves not CHRIST .

And if one loves not Christ ,  I assure us all they LOVE NOT the FATHER who sent HIM .   Every saying of JESUS ought be loved and treasured , honored through obedience .

For if a man denies Christ ,   HE will be DENIED .     And now a word .   They profess to KNOW HIM  , yet in WORKS DENY HIM.     be a hearer and a doer or its all decepetion .

I would imagine that the Lord has his own plans for us, and it is up to us to follow where he leads us.

5 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

But I would say that part of repentance is believing In Christ.

The goodness of GOD leads us to repentance .   Marvel not , for no man can come to ME , lest the Father draws , leads Him .

OH IT IS .

But if any man is in Christ HE is a new creature .   He don't walk n darkness , nor is he of the night .   

The scary thing is , most walk in willfull sin , they live in darkness and are of the night and they think they of the day cause they say we believe in Christ .

I know I have said , what I say next before , but so I say this again .  I have declared all out war against the lies and lie of men and will expose

them and point ONLY to Christ and pure sound doctrine of His every word , pattern , his pattern which the true apostels kept and taught .

For the grace of GOD is in those who are in Christ , and by this grace we point to CHRIST alone and we correct any who errs and we expose all false teachers

so that not a one will go anywhere near them and sit under them .    For if we are of HIM we love HIM and the others and we desire none to perish . 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

1 hour ago, SelahSong said:

I would never want to offend anyone that believes in the rapture,

-Selah

It's not a sin to offend somebody with honesty

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

14 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

Going to heaven is easy, I believe - all we have to do is repent (Matt 4:17). Not many people are crazy about the idea of repenting, though.

John said;  "all we have to do is repent" (Matt 4:17)
Repent; 
"to think differently-reconsider-to feel compunction" ( pricking of conscience or a feeling of regret)

Before I was saved, I used to think as you do, John.
I believed I had to become really good, get rid of those sinful habits, thoughts, desires.
No more lying or cheating, anger and fighting, etc. The LAW...Old Testament.
I thought I had to prove my repentance before God would accept me.
I was raised in the RCC. No catholic can presume upon God their confidence in being saved.
That would be sin. The sin of presumption. (man made law)

If you can clearly understand the word '
repent' prior to salvation, it means
            '
Change your thinking'      (look it up)    Think differently!

You  will not, can not, act differently, change your lifestyle, unless
something has changed your thinking.

What I learned in the RCC was I had to 'work'-'earn' my way in life with my "repentance"
And hope at the end, I earned enough 'good works' to outweigh  my 'bad works" (sin)
False data. (But it was what I learned. It was what I
THOUGHT!)
One day a loyal man of God planted a seed in my mind.
He told me I must be born again. (Truth-correct thinking)
This was a new idea planted in my mind.
I read the bible.

My thinking changed.  (I was repenting in my mind--FIRST!)
I then had a talk with God concerning this new information I read in the bible.
I confessed my faults, proclaimed my "new" beliefs that came as a result of
CHANGED  THINKING!
God heard my cry, and He answered. He is now my Savior, my Daddy.
Now comes my daily repenting of sin, of missing God's mark/target.
Not to earn my way into heaven.
But because of what God has done for me (and you John)
He gave His son!

As a child, my new Father will NEVER leave me or forsake me. He says so.
God is Light. He cannot Lie.

If it was up to me, I could, I would, lose my salvation.
Praise God it's not'
It's not me hanging on to God that keeps me. It is God's loving hands holding on to me.

2 Tim 1, 12  
For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

God IS Light!    

• This is Worthy 1

1 hour ago, Sower said:

John said;  "all we have to do is repent" (Matt 4:17)
Repent; 
"to think differently-reconsider-to feel compunction" ( pricking of conscience or a feeling of regret)

Before I was saved, I used to think as you do, John.
I believed I had to become really good, get rid of those sinful habits, thoughts, desires.
No more lying or cheating, anger and fighting, etc. The LAW...Old Testament.
I thought I had to prove my repentance before God would accept me.
I was raised in the RCC. No catholic can presume upon God their confidence in being saved.
That would be sin. The sin of presumption. (man made law)

If you can clearly understand the word '
repent' prior to salvation, it means
            '
Change your thinking'      (look it up)    Think differently!

You  will not, can not, act differently, change your lifestyle, unless
something has changed your thinking.

What I learned in the RCC was I had to 'work'-'earn' my way in life with my "repentance"
And hope at the end, I earned enough 'good works' to outweigh  my 'bad works" (sin)
False data. (But it was what I learned. It was what I
THOUGHT!)
One day a loyal man of God planted a seed in my mind.
He told me I must be born again. (Truth-correct thinking)
This was a new idea planted in my mind.
I read the bible.

My thinking changed.  (I was repenting in my mind--FIRST!)
I then had a talk with God concerning this new information I read in the bible.
I confessed my faults, proclaimed my "new" beliefs that came as a result of
CHANGED  THINKING!
God heard my cry, and He answered. He is now my Savior, my Daddy.
Now comes my daily repenting of sin, of missing God's mark/target.
Not to earn my way into heaven.
But because of what God has done for me (and you John)
He gave His son!

As a child, my new Father will NEVER leave me or forsake me. He says so.
God is Light. He cannot Lie.

If it was up to me, I could, I would, lose my salvation.
Praise God it's not'
It's not me hanging on to God that keeps me. It is God's loving hands holding on to me.

2 Tim 1, 12  
For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

God IS Light!    

To me, "repent" means to stop sinning.