• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  7

Hi guys,

I hope you have all had a good week. I was just thinking about the message we heard this morning and one part stood out.

I am sure many of you, like to go away with something that I can think about. 

During the message we were given the chance today to think about something that we like to do our OWN way.

The pastor gave a real life llustration (that happened this morning) of a woman running,  refusing to move into the side lane,  though it would prevent her from being bumped by traffic. 

Not only did she refuse to move over. But she made it visibly noticeable that she was going to have her own way. 

I wonder if she knew she treated a pastor like that? If she had any idea that she would be included as an illustration of how determined we can be. 

I wonder how would she feel knowing that so many heard about her behavior. 

And then I wonder, what is something that I need to work on...

I thought I would share,  not that I want to judge, but know it is something I will be thinking about the next couple days. 

God bless. 

• Loved it! 2

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,298
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Days Won:  0

How often do we expect God to give in to 'our' way, our plan, our 'perfect' life?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.71

nice topic and thought. We all have "our own ways" of doing things. Sometimes with others it prevents us from letting others do something or it can make us impatient with others, etc....  I know that when I try to make our bed and feeling quite proud of myself, my wife will come in and rearrange the pillows, straighten the covers or something and I tease her about it. I pride myself on my homemade ice cream. I insist on a hand cranked churn, etc... I remember once I was at a social at our church and I had volunteered to make homemade ice cream and had 3 churns going. One man came in and started to try to tell me the best way to make homemade ice cream...  I finally stopped, looked at him and told him to get out of the kitchen! He left the kitchen and ended up eating more of the ice cream than anyone.

Of course "our own way" can become a big barrier in our walk with the Lord and prevents surrendering unto the Lord as He desires.  Anyway thanks for the post, I enjoyed it. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/12/2019 at 4:29 AM, Who me said:

How often do we expect God to give in to 'our' way, our plan, our 'perfect' life?

Hi Who Me, I think it is far too easy for us to plan our perfect life,  the way we want it,  without realizing that we have done so. 

On 3/13/2019 at 11:03 AM, Tigger56 said:

nice topic and thought. We all have "our own ways" of doing things. Sometimes with others it prevents us from letting others do something or it can make us impatient with others, etc....  I know that when I try to make our bed and feeling quite proud of myself, my wife will come in and rearrange the pillows, straighten the covers or something and I tease her about it. I pride myself on my homemade ice cream. I insist on a hand cranked churn, etc... I remember once I was at a social at our church and I had volunteered to make homemade ice cream and had 3 churns going. One man came in and started to try to tell me the best way to make homemade ice cream...  I finally stopped, looked at him and told him to get out of the kitchen! He left the kitchen and ended up eating more of the ice cream than anyone.

Of course "our own way" can become a big barrier in our walk with the Lord and prevents surrendering unto the Lord as He desires.  Anyway thanks for the post, I enjoyed it. 

Hi Tigger56,

Good to hear from you, thank you for sharing and adding to the topic. 

I always find it easier to remember an idea when a personal illustration is added to the idea. I can do relate to the differences between spouses, as to how things should be done.  :)

When it comes to making beds,  I think of my own girls and how easy it can be to make their beds for them,  because I want it to ne neater. However,  they won't get neater if I keep doing it for them. 

And as for outsiders input into something we are already confident about; that can cause frustration. 

I hope you have a good week.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 3/13/2019 at 11:03 AM, Tigger56 said:

I pride myself on my homemade ice cream. I insist on a hand cranked churn, etc.

As did I. That's all we had when I was a kid. I liked the large chunks of salt to suck on too.
Later, after the dozen grand kids showed up, I bought a motorized version with no crank.
I put that in the same category as throw away diapers (three cheers!).......
default_cool2.gif.68915abfce2206718ada15013b79b2d0.gif
There are some modern inventions in my home, that are a true blessing.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Lord THY will be done THY kingdom come .     TRUST ONLY in the LORD and HE shall guide us all the days of our life .

The ABUNDANT LIFE , is not found In the world , nor the things of it .   The abundant life is found only IN CHRIST

and though we lose all we gain and no matter what we suffer for HIM , ITS GAIN .      The peace that passes all understanding

is not found in this world , nor its things nor circumstances .  ITS IN CHRIST ALONE .    And peace hope and the JOY of the LORD abounds , no matter what comes against us .

PONDER THIS .    AND LEAP UP AND PRAISE THE LORD . 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.71

15 hours ago, Sower said:

As did I. That's all we had when I was a kid. I liked the large chunks of salt to suck on too.
Later, after the dozen grand kids showed up, I bought a motorized version with no crank.
I put that in the same category as throw away diapers (three cheers!).......
default_cool2.gif.68915abfce2206718ada15013b79b2d0.gif
There are some modern inventions in my home, that are a true blessing.

I am in agreement with the throw away diapers! My wife and I had twins so that was a big deal. However, I shall rise in defense of the hand crank ice cream churn. When my grandkids come over it becomes an experience for them as they take turns adding ice or salt and they take turns with the crank. They all get to contribute to the dessert and hopefully becomes a wonderful memory for them. The electric is more convenient but not nearly as memorable! Thanks for your post and I never tried sucking the salt chunks that doesn't sound good, plus I needed to save all the room I had for the ice cream!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

When hubby retired he was bored and started helping me with housework because I was still working for another year to get my retirement.  So he decided to start washing clothes.  Only he stuffed the washer so full it couldn't agitate and the clothes didn't get clean.  Of course, when I explained what was going on to him he became quite  irate.  So I resigned myself to trying to appreciate his help.  I could always buy white and clean clothes later if these that were dried dirty for years would never come clean again.  I am still working on my attitude in that matter.  

It is important to flex with change.  Sometimes that includes receiving instructions.  He was still grieving that he was forced to retire because of his health so I didn't want to push it and he proceeded to do things his own way.  Being an understanding submissive wife  with a good attitude is not always easy either.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

this is sooo true how many of us do want God to give us our own way :)  but the problem is if we do things our own way without God then we land into a big mess in our lives,  I like to do crafts my own way but sometimes that doesn't always work out it depends on what kind of craft i'm doing

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1