Annette

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

Gidday folks, thanks for the topic Annette, I've enjoyed the replies for the most part. While I can and do understand the position that frienduff and short angel point out, I think that we do need to remember that God is our "Father"and what father would not delight in seeing their children doing something "harmless" such as churning homemade ice-cream, and grandies learning "life lessons" from them. Isn't that what HE  teaches us along life's journey? In getting to (know Him) we find what is pleasing in His sight, unlearning our way, and because we want to learn how to please Him because we love Him, our way should just "drop away." Let's not be too straight laced and rigid in thinking that "that isn't what God desires of us," instead, shake ourselves loose and "chill" a little bit. My thoughts, just saying, hope this is helpful, God bless.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,194
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,546
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

I'm sorry, I don't get it. ???  Why did the pastor spend pulpit time on someone slowing him down on the highway?  Why would not the pastor instead give thanks to God for the change in pace? Perhaps it alerted to  or even averted a danger from becoming a serious accident elsewhere. Give thanks to God for all things for all things do work together for the good for those that believe  of Jesus as lord God and personal savior. "Don't sweat the small stuff - most everything is small stuff".

Give God praise and thanks in all things ( Big and small ).

I don't need anything to be done my way, fact I don't much need anything to be done at all. It's all going to burn anyway.

And then there will be a new heaven and a new earth-

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

I don’t know who to credit for this little gem............ “ Wanna make God laugh? Tell Him your plans.”