Hyperion

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

"Jaak Panksepp, one of America’s leading neuroscientists, concludes that both animals and humans have brains wired to feel emotions, and that animals have the capacity to experience pleasure and happiness from their lives.[37] For this reason, there are those who believe that culling animals is morally wrong.

Culling (killing animals) has been criticized on animal rights grounds — it has been argued that killing animals for any reason is cruel and unethical, and that animals have a right to live.[7]

Some argue that culling is necessary when biodiversity is threatened.[38]However, the protection of biodiversity argument has been questioned by some animal rights advocates who point out that the animal which most greatly threatens and damages biodiversity is humanity, so if we are not willing to cull our own species we cannot morally justify culling another.[39][40] There is a growing movement to reinstate eugenics practices in the human population, but the issue is hotly contested. (See also: speciesism)"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culling

Do you agree with the underlined passage in the third paragraph? Can this principle be likened to the killing of the Canaanites (Numbers 21:2-3; Deuteronomy 20:17; Joshua 6:17, 21)?

Edited by Hyperion
Cut content

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Humans get culled by nature all the time

26 minutes ago, ἔκλειψις said:

Humans get culled by nature all the time

Then why is it such a hard thing to defend when athiests argue that the Creator of nature is cruel when He ordered people groups removed?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,803
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, Hyperion said:

Then why is it such a hard thing to defend when athiests argue that the Creator of nature is cruel when He ordered people groups removed?

It's not that atheists are more loving of "people groups" or animals than believers.

It's that atheists will use any excuse to ban God as a sovereign authority.  Animal rights.  People rights.  Anything.

It's not that they don't believe in God.  They just don't like him and they refuse to acknowledge his authority.  If they did, they would have to obey him.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Beats me, I've heard the " God is cruel because _________ " ( Insert reason of your choice ) claim many times

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,243
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

52 minutes ago, Hyperion said:

It is not a hard thing to defend our God, the creator of everything that is,  the king of kings, the Alpha and Omega.
He does not need my help. He does not apologize to anyone. Nor need to.
He is not just the final authority.
He is the only sovereign authority.

I do not defend gravity.
Millions die to the results of it.  Yet,
That's how it is, how HE designed it.

Since I started typing this response, at least a billion creatures were eaten.
by a billion other creatures.
For lunch.
It was designed that way.
Cruel?
What did you have for lunch?

Why would God respond to the created thing.
This 'man'  "culls/murders"  his own species, every day, every hour.
There's one of these butcher shops in most any city.

The atheist ought stand up and listen, and learn from biblical history.
Their days are numbered.

They need the "good news"
We don't have to like them, or their ways.
We do have to love them.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

14 hours ago, Jayne said:

It's not that atheists are more loving of "people groups" or animals than believers.

It's that atheists will use any excuse to ban God as a sovereign authority.  Animal rights.  People rights.  Anything.

It's not that they don't believe in God.  They just don't like him and they refuse to acknowledge his authority.  If they did, they would have to obey him.

Hi, Don't mean to sidetrack a thread, but I find I disagree enough to share:

I was an atheist. I had no need of disliking God for there was no God to dislike.

Satan and his minions on the other hand do know God and do have envy of Jesus who is  God  the Son, but I do not find satan to be an atheist.  An envy-eist  yes, a murderer yes, a liar yes, but not an atheist.

I find it a fundamental mistake to presume athiests are  wild eyed  demented beings that have a hate on for God or creation by any intelligence creator or being.

Atheists are not unintelligent, they simply have not yet been recepients of the specific call to them  by the Holy Spirit  for them to turn to God. Once an atheist has received the specific call to them by God the Holy Spirit and they reject that specific call they would no longer be atheists, but would be like satan and his minions.

Atheists have no other god nor gods. They are not worshippers, period.

Atheists can be extremely moral too. That may be a reason an atheist is hard to share the gospel of Jesus with, but Christians are to do so anyway. I deeply appreciate all that shared with me before the Holy Spirit made that specific call, and challenged me to turn about to God the Father  through Jesus the Son.

I do remember all those that made attempts at sharing the gospel, and their memory encourages me today. Not for their success nor for their failure, but because  so many were obedient to God, for my sake the were obedient to God.

-------

As to it being hard to share of Jesus with an atheist, should that be?  IT NEED NOT BE MADE INTO SOMETHING THAT  IS HARD TO SHARE WITH ANYONE AS LONG AS  no pressure is put on oneself to "gather a scalp" to wear on one's belt for the Lord. Born again believers, saints, Christians, do not save anyone. It is not the job of a witness to be judge, nor a punisher, nor a rewarder. It is the job of a witness to give testimony that is true, and do so in a straight forward manner without embellishment, without hype, without excessive promise. Just give the testimony as one that  has witnessed Jesus, and has the enthusiasm to share of that joy.  If nothing more just declare Jesus is Lord God and savior by whom all that  will be with God eternally must come.  It is God alone by the Holy Spirit that will turn about each person to understanding  of that.

May we encourage each other to be bold in our declaration of Jesus as our Lord and savior doing so politely without rancor to anyone, in humility because of the awesome humbling experience of having been brought  to our own  moment of being turned about by God the Holy Spirit.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,803
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, Neighbor said:

I find it a fundamental mistake to presume athiests are  wild eyed  demented beings that have a hate on for God or creation by any intelligence creator or being.

Atheists are not unintelligent.....

I know you are giving your experience, I just want to be clear that I never said [what I bolded in red]. ^^^^

And your experience may be one thing, and another atheist a different one.  I find that a lot of atheists in my circle both online and in real life are very, very angry at God and at Christians.  

And yes, some just skip down the road of life believing there is no God and having no qualms with Christians.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

9 minutes ago, Jayne said:

I know you are giving your experience, I just want to be clear that I never said [what I bolded in red]. ^^^^

And your experience may be one thing, and another atheist a different one.  I find that a lot of atheists in my circle both online and in real life are very, very angry at God and at Christians.  

And yes, some just skip down the road of life believing there is no God and having no qualms with Christians.

Hi, Seems to me that one cannot both deny the existence ofGod and hate God at the same time. Would seem to be a bit of a waste of time; instead anyone that rebels against God is aware of what they rebel against, very much aware, and only fein atheism. I am suggest that by their anger against God they declare God exists.

20 hours ago, Jayne said:

atheists will use any excuse to ban God as a sovereign authority.  Animal rights.  People rights.  Anything.

Again I think that is more the game plan of those whose father is satan who knows God well and rebels regardless, not those that have no recognition of God. I mention it not to argue but to suggest a manner of discussing with non believers  that they do acknowledge God by their very fight against His sovereignty over them. Once they acknowledge God  is declared by their behavior it may change the presentation and discussion with an denier of Jesus as Lord.

I wonder, was there a need for culling before the fall?

Edited by Hyperion
Spelling