Can the dead hear us?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

My daughter recently passed away. I think of her often. I talk to her all the time in my head. I sometimes talk out loud to her. Can she hear me?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

This is a question I think all of us at some time have thought about. The best I've heard this explained is those who are in Jesus are as the bible says, to be absent from the body is to be with the Lord. She would be in a concious state with Jesus in some way and through Jesus she may know your thinking of her or inquiring of her. But no there would not be any direct communication. I believe that is forbiden in scripture, seeking to speak with the dead. Our comunication is with the Lord. For further study I think the term is thanotology or something like that.

I'm not stating doctrine but just what I've heard mentioned about this. But no, I don't believe she directly hears you. 

Edited by Zemke
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  16

I am quite sure the dead can be made to hear if we're willing to  give ourselves over to things the Bible specifically forbids.  And they're not forbidden to keep us from fellowshipping with loved ones who  have passed, but because inviting those things into our  lives will end up destroying us. 

Be very careful.  I suggest that speaking to Jesus is the better option.  I'm quite sure He  can pass messages on to those who  have passed in Him :)   And even if you did choose to ignore the warnings, how could you  ever be certain you  were actually speaking  to your loved one and not some  demonic impersonator sent to deceive you?  It is not worth  the risk  on any level.

I can understand the desire and the grief and longing of a mother's heart...but please just check in with Him and let Him show you how He designed His proper outlets for that grief.....and healing.

Bless you sis...praying and grieving with you ?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,808
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Cindy Lynn said:

My daughter recently passed away. I think of her often. I talk to her all the time in my head. I sometimes talk out loud to her. Can she hear me?

I'm sorry for your loss.  There's nothing wrong with talking to your daughter.  My father passed six months ago and my mother "talks" to him sometimes.

But as I have said to my mother when she has asked the same thing.  No, he cannot see nor hear her.  He is in heaven with the Lord.  

Our loved ones cannot see nor hear us. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Thank you for helping me better understand the concept of talking to my daughter now that she has passed. A lady today also told me that I could possibly pass messages on to Katelyn through Jesus Christ our Lord. Indeed, Katelyn is in heaven. 

• Praise God! 2

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  56
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I am so sorry that you've lost your daughter.  I cannot imagine the depth of grief and yearning for contact with her that you must experience .  As some previous posts have suggested it is not a good idea to attempt to contact her through mediumship.  There are too many unknown spiritual forces which can be unleashed to our great detriment by opening ourselves to that world.  It could be a veritable Pandora's box type of effect.  In Catholic theology it is believed that we here on earth are able through prayer and various supplications to work for the salvation of those who have passed on.  Although physical communication is not ordinarily possible our prayers are heard by Jesus and the saints who continue to work for the ongoing salvation of souls.  Trust that the Father will provide all that we need and can ever desire.  Your pain will end.  Ask Jesus to grant you  peace, joy, and the perseverance you require.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,545
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

4 hours ago, Cindy Lynn said:

Hi, my sympathy is offered to you. The loss of a child is  a hard loss at any age.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for all your help. No, I won't contact a medium. I was just wondering if Katelyn can hear me when I talk to her. I know that Jesus can hear me. I'll ask Him to pass on the messages to Katelyn.

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

We do not know that for sure. But if those in heaven can see us they would see us with different eyes than we have on earth. They are saints. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

16 hours ago, Cindy Lynn said:

We are forbidden contact with the dead in both testaments. Jesus Christ is alive--pray to Him. Get the clarity and peace you seek!

And be sure you've trusted Jesus, not yourself or some other person, for salvation!