Can the dead hear us?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

I don't know if the dead can hear us. But I can see that if a person goes to Heaven, their attention needs to be to Jesus. And they are discovering how Jesus is so wonderfully marvelous and kind and loving, and they are discovering their whole family of Jesus people also so marvelously kind and family together, so more than their loved ones and friends on this earth have been, in maybe more favoritistic relationships. 

So, in case someone passed on the Heaven were to say something to us, he or she might say, wow you all need to see how Jesus really is and become loving as family with everyone else, the way we are here ! ! ! And yes this is how God's word already says for us to relate in His love >

"Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you." (Ephesians 4:31-32)

When my mother died, I did not have indication that she was a believer. I did not try to send her any message, but I thanked God for however He would do what is good, with her. And I knew I had done as well as I could to love her, but that was not very well. So, I needed much more correction. And even though I had not loved her like I should, now I could love any and all others better and better the way I should have loved her; Jesus does want us to love any and all people >

"if you love those who love you, what reward have you?" (in Matthew 5:46)

And become more and more dearly loving as His family with all of our Christian brothers and sisters > Ephesians 4:31 > not only with certain favorites. 

So, I understood that, now as I grow in Jesus, I can love people better than how I did with my mother. She and I had problems in our relating, but now I can be more showing interest in any person who is a problem person, and care for the person in prayer and with compassion. 

Edited by com7fy8

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Where in the Bible does it say pray to Jesus? I thought we were always supposed to direct all our prayers to God. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

6 minutes ago, Cindy Lynn said:

Where in the Bible does it say pray to Jesus? I thought we were always supposed to direct all our prayers to God. 

In John 14 Jesus Himself speaks of hearing prayers and petitions from His people. 

“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.  And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.  If you ask anything in My name, I will do it."

I am personally convinced that praying to God in any of His three persons, Father, Son or Spirit is fine and appropriate.  But I can understand how some might feel a bit differently based on a passage like this:

And in that day you will ask Me nothing. Most assuredly, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you. 
Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full."

“These things I have spoken to you in figurative language; but the time is coming when I will no longer speak to you in figurative language, but I will tell you plainly about the Father.  In that day you will ask in My name, and I do not say to you that I shall pray the Father for you;  for the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me, and have believed that I came forth from God."

If we look at the context of this passage it appears to me Jesus is making a distinction between the circumstances before and  after His resurrection.  Which makes sense to me because one of the great motivations for submitting to that horrific cross was His love  for Father and willingness to do whatever  it took to restore mankind to fellowship with Father....the desire of Father's heart.   After the price of sin was paid to our account that restoration to Father's presence was completed in Him for both  us and Father.  After His resurrection  we are now free to enter Father's presence as we were not  before.  But I don't believe He meant to imply that fellowship with Himself (Jesus) was somehow banished  from  our spiritual experiences because fellowship with Father was suddenly open to  us.

I think no matter which person of the Trinity is addressed directly in prayer, all three hear...because they are One anyway  :)   The only way we can hear Him in our heart is through the indwelling Spirit anyway, by Whom Jesus and Father both abide in our reborn spirit.  All this threeness and oneness and trying to deal with that whole mystery of the Trinity kinda boggles the natural mind....but I feel pretty  comfortable just addressing Him....however He  seems to be presencing Himself with  me at the  time.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 10:19 PM, Cindy Lynn said:

I like calling Him Lord because the Father and the son are one and the Temple is in my heart. Most of the time I pray to  my Father in Heaven.  Jehovah witnesses have been around and say the Bible says his name is Jehovah. Aside from not wanting to be one of the them that being true it is much to impersonal for me and I like to be interment. 

My life's companion has gone on to the Lord. I believe they do hear us. three days after her funeral I was reading my Daily bread devotion and almost jaw dropping it was about " Goody by for now " as God as my witness it taught about never saying never say goodbye. I knew then she is there waiting with Jesus at her side.

Thank you Lord, thank you Father 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  262
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

On 3/11/2019 at 5:32 PM, Cindy Lynn said:

My daughter recently passed away. I think of her often. I talk to her all the time in my head. I sometimes talk out loud to her. Can she hear me?

I have no biblical proof, but i believe in heaven we will be given full understanding of everything, that the Lord would want us to fully comprehend all things and understand them. As many are with him now, i believe they can know what we are all doing here on earth. But it is not their place to interfere and communicate with us or us with them. In a time perspective, i believe she's too busy praising the Lord to focus on you talking to her. No offense if that sounds negative. But i believe she knows what you're going through, but it wouldnt bother her for there are no tears or problems or bad feelings when we leave this world to be with the Lord. 

Again, these are just thoughts, not proof.

Edited by Xethea
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

35 minutes ago, Xethea said:

I have no biblical proof, but i believe in heaven we will be given full understanding of everything, that the Lord would want us to fully comprehend all things and understand them. As many are with him now, i believe they can know what we are all doing here on earth. But it is not their place to interfere and communicate with us or us with them. In a time perspective, i believe she's too busy praising the Lord to focus on you talking to her. No offense if that sounds negative. But i believe she knows what you're going through, but it wouldnt bother her for there are no tears or problems or bad feelings when we leave this world to be with the Lord. 

Again, these are just thoughts, not proof.

As the hymn says " we shall know all about it in the sweet by and by 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  262
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

57 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

As the hymn says " we shall know all about it in the sweet by and by 

is "the sweet" referred to as Heaven?

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

On 3/11/2019 at 11:32 AM, Cindy Lynn said:

My daughter recently passed away. I think of her often.

Dear precious sister, I empathize with your grief, having buried both of my parents and my maternal grandmother, I understand and know your pain.

When God created man he wasn't created to understand death, he was created immortal, so there isn't any file to put it in and then forget it, kinda like, out of sight out of mind.

However, we read the Lord comforted David in the death of his son Amnon 2 Sam 13:39 and the baby born of Bathsheba 2 Sam 12:23, we too can be comforted by the Lord, all we have to do is fall into His arms and let the peace that passes all human understanding wash over us.

Death of/for a believer is nothing more than a move, a passing through a door to the other side, dear one, your Katelyn has moved, you haven't lost her, you know exactly where she is and I believe very soon we will all be with our loved ones that have gone on before us, ...the only thing that has changed is our relationship with them, we are here and they are with our Lord, ...Love comes from God, you still Love her with all of your mother's heart, it's a gift given to man/woman by Him,

...so, hypothetically speaking, if you could talk to Katelyn, what would she say to you? Would she say, Mom, I'm okay, I'm with Jesus, please don't grieve for me, I'm with the love of my life, ...Mom, you are a good mother, I love you and I know you love me, please mom, we can't change what has happened, but please don't waste the love you have, please find someone or some organization you can manifest your love through to some one that needs a good mother's love like you have loved me! 

Precious sister, it is written, ...it is better to give than receive, ...during my time of personal loss I learned this valuable lesson, through helping and comforting others my Lord used them to comfort me and heal my broken heart, ...death doesn't have a convenient file we can classify it in, but we can overcome it's pain by helping others.

Please believe I write this to comfort and bless you during this time in your life.  2 Cor 1:3, 4

Lord bless

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

I can only give an opinion.

The parable of the rich man and Lazarus gives us a peek behind the veil of death

as it was before the cross (in that all in "Abraham's Bosom" had yet to go to heaven.

The plea of the rich man was that Lazarus be sent to the living to warn his brothers.

This does not preclude non communication / observation between the realms as I

believe the rich man was hoping the testimony of one coming back from the dead

would convince his brothers.

Clearly we live on after death and fully conscious.

But interaction between the realms appears to be rare.

My own Beloved Bride had a vision of her recenty passed mother (in 1995)...

wherein she saw her mother but she was different / younger at peace but

clearly her... and she said "I am well."

Knowing her mother like we do, in heaven we could just see her

beseeching the Lord to grant her this message to her baby girl.

Everyone who knew my mother-in-law loved her. The nurses and attendants

who cared for her through her cancer treatments called her "Sweet Pea."

While I personally believe heaven cannot be as great as it is IF it can be cluttered with what's going on down here...

the suffering and evil etc. ...

I do believe the Lord makes exceptions (both ways) on certain occasions.

Twenty four years later, we've [heard] nothing more from Sweet Pea.

I say this to instill in you (or encourage you to keep what you already have) hope that

your messages are getting through.

God bless.

• 1 year later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 3/11/2019 at 9:32 PM, Cindy Lynn said:

My daughter recently passed away. I think of her often. I talk to her all the time in my head. I sometimes talk out loud to her. Can she hear me?

No she cannot, you are both in different realms, she is in the spiritual one and you are in the physical one. Its like saying can God and the Devil have the same mind. The answer is of course not, because of nature.