Bible_Gazer

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

Revelation 10  = I have not read a discussion on this chapter, so what are the thoughts ?

1. who is the mighty angel, his feet on the sea and the earth ?

2.  what is the little book ?

3. what is the seven thunders message ? yes it is sealed, but will it ever be opened, if so when ? 

4.  the mystery of God when is it to be finished ? is this just parts or all of Revelation ?

5. Time no longer ?  what is this about ?

6. How does Revelation 10 fit in between the sixth and seventh trumpet time frame, even before the 2 witnesses Rev.11 ?

You may have some questions, go ahead and add to this.

Edited by Bible_Gazer

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,599
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

It's nearly impossible to write a timeline with many events occuring that may overlap, precede or ensue after any of a number of events.

Parts of Rev are chronological, other parts describe events within the previous chronology, it is not chronological from Chapter 1 to Chapter 22.

So chapter 10 may come between trumps but not necessarily before the two witnesses.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Right off the bat, the very first verse uses phrasing commonly found in Babylonian astronomy texts

hope that helps some

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/06/1979

There is a message from God (angel), It descends from established truth (Heaven), concealed to the fleshly but visible to the faithful/spiritual (concealed in cloud), related/consequential to God's cleansing of the earth from corruption (rainbow), a righteous message (face like sun). This message will guide those lost in the sea of information (pillar of fire in sea), and will guide those living on the corrupted foundation of understanding (pillar of fire on earth). This message professes the completeness/holiness of the presence of Christ in spirit (thunder - lightning from the east flashes in the west.) This is the secret of God and will be revealed through John (Revelation), being good news (sweet in his mouth), but difficult and stressful to bring to the understanding of the fleshly who oppose it (bitter in his stomach).

Or not, I'm uneducated.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

11 hours ago, Bible_Gazer said:

Revelation 10  = I have not read a discussion on this chapter, so what are the thoughts ?

1. who is the mighty angel, his feet on the sea and the earth ?

2.  what is the little book ?

3. what is the seven thunders message ? yes it is sealed, but will it ever be opened, if so when ? 

4.  the mystery of God when is it to be finished ? is this just parts or all of Revelation ?

5. Time no longer ?  what is this about ?

6. How does Revelation 10 fit in between the sixth and seventh trumpet time frame, even before the 2 witnesses Rev.11 ?

You may have some questions, go ahead and add to this.

Hi Bible_Gazer,

This is, I believe the Lord who is revealed to us as the Great Mediator, the one who is the covenant between God and Man. We see Him as the Angel (messenger) of the Covenant, (Mal. 3: 1) The `rainbow on His head,` clearly shows that this is the Lord the one on the throne. (Rev. 4: 3). His `face was like the sun,` the glory of God, and His `feet like pillars of fire,` representing the judging work of Christ. (Note the description of the Lord in Rev. 1: 13 - 16).

The little book refers to those people in Israel who turn to the Lord in the tribulation. The Prophet Daniel was given details by the angel Michael.

`...there shall be a time of trouble, such as was since there was a nation, even to that time. And at that time your people shall be delivered, everyone who is found in the book.` (Dan. 12: 1 & 2)  &

`So a book of remembrance was written before Him for those who fear the Lord and meditate on His name. `(Mal. 3: 16)

Daniel tells us which people, Israel, & which particular time it will happen, - in the tribulation. The prophet Malachi also tells of this book with the names of those who turn again to God in the time of `the day of His coming.`  (Mal. 3: 2)

I can write more but you or others may want to comment on this so far.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,599
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

I once heard it explained that this scene is showing it's all over for mankind and the Lord himself is about the take back the earth. The scroll is the official deed to the earth and the angel standing in the sea and on land symbolizes possession of both elements. The sweetness of the scroll is the joy returning to the rule of truth and love under the Most High, and the bitterness is the terrible steps about to be taken to attain possession of the earth.

We won't know what the 7 thunders had to say till we can ask the Lord once we are redeemed, whatever they spoke isn't recorded, it's a memory, and if it's important I'm sure out Lord will remember and tell us if we ask.

If the sound of the 7th trump is when the mystery of God is finished, and we are gathered by the Lord at the last trump, and the 7th trump of Revelation is the last trump, then this all happens right as GT ends and the wrath of the Lamb begins, the mystery of God being finished and all; not necessarily when the angel makes the proclamation, that could happen anytime after the trumps begin to sound, and we may or may not see this manifest.

It's possible this is legal protocol and must be done to assert the right of ownership and forfeiture of the property, sort of like notice of foreclosures must appear in a local publication, only this notice is universal and no one can say they didn't see it coming nor that they didn't hear. So maybe this will manifest in the natural world with it's profound spiritual meaning and supernatural strength.

I don't know if this is correct or not but I like it and sounds sensible. "Keep it simple, stupid." is one of my guiding stars! :)

11 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Bible_Gazer,

This is, I believe the Lord who is revealed to us as the Great Mediator, the one who is the covenant between God and Man. We see Him as the Angel (messenger) of the Covenant, (Mal. 3: 1) The `rainbow on His head,` clearly shows that this is the Lord the one on the throne. (Rev. 4: 3). His `face was like the sun,` the glory of God, and His `feet like pillars of fire,` representing the judging work of Christ. (Note the description of the Lord in Rev. 1: 13 - 16).

The little book refers to those people in Israel who turn to the Lord in the tribulation. The Prophet Daniel was given details by the angel Michael.

`...there shall be a time of trouble, such as was since there was a nation, even to that time. And at that time your people shall be delivered, everyone who is found in the book.` (Dan. 12: 1 & 2)  &

`So a book of remembrance was written before Him for those who fear the Lord and meditate on His name. `(Mal. 3: 16)

Daniel tells us which people, Israel, & which particular time it will happen, - in the tribulation. The prophet Malachi also tells of this book with the names of those who turn again to God in the time of `the day of His coming.`  (Mal. 3: 2)

I can write more but you or others may want to comment on this so far.

Marilyn.

Thanks Marilyn, your reasoning about this mighty angel Just may be the Lord.  

The little book that John eats, he was told to prophesy it. I always leaned toward it  just being the book of revelation. sweet and bitter news.

2 hours ago, Diaste said:

I once heard it explained that this scene is showing it's all over for mankind and the Lord himself is about the take back the earth. The scroll is the official deed to the earth and the angel standing in the sea and on land symbolizes possession of both elements. The sweetness of the scroll is the joy returning to the rule of truth and love under the Most High, and the bitterness is the terrible steps about to be taken to attain possession of the earth.

We won't know what the 7 thunders had to say till we can ask the Lord once we are redeemed, whatever they spoke isn't recorded, it's a memory, and if it's important I'm sure out Lord will remember and tell us if we ask.

If the sound of the 7th trump is when the mystery of God is finished, and we are gathered by the Lord at the last trump, and the 7th trump of Revelation is the last trump, then this all happens right as GT ends and the wrath of the Lamb begins, the mystery of God being finished and all; not necessarily when the angel makes the proclamation, that could happen anytime after the trumps begin to sound, and we may or may not see this manifest.

It's possible this is legal protocol and must be done to assert the right of ownership and forfeiture of the property, sort of like notice of foreclosures must appear in a local publication, only this notice is universal and no one can say they didn't see it coming nor that they didn't hear. So maybe this will manifest in the natural world with it's profound spiritual meaning and supernatural strength.

I don't know if this is correct or not but I like it and sounds sensible. "Keep it simple, stupid." is one of my guiding stars! :)

I seem to agree with the first part about the scene of Rev. 10.

the 7 thunder is as you said. Its already been said and John heard it, it seem to be for earth.

so it just most likely will be written, God can add to this book if he wants to,  man can't add to it.

Just don't know since its a Thunder if its - good news or bad news warning

5. Time no longer v.6 ? what is this about ?

Any thoughts on this ?
What when ?
If its somewhere in the 7 years time frame, is there still time to be reckon with ? 3 1/2 years, 1,000 years …….

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  269
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

The little book is likely the same 6th seal scroll that "flew open like a scroll unrolling". Having a "foot" on both the earth and the sea suggest control (like making the world your footstool - a prerequisite for the 2nd coming). 

What it all means to me is the prophecy of the Messiah coming to reign on earth is being fulfilled. OT prophecies pointing to this are fulfilled. The promises God made to the Jewish people (Israel) will NOW begin (Millennium). 

John is told to NOT write what was said (NEW PROPHECY - probably for the Millennium), BUT he is told that he will be asked to prophecy again for "many people and many nations". What else can this be than the Millennium period. Even the OT has very little prophecy concerning this time period. And God does act on earth WITHOUT first telling His people what He is going to do through the prophets.

"Thunder" is ALWAYS attached to key events in prophecy so I believe it has to deal with the Holy Spirit and/or God's interaction with the world in a physical way.

To sum up... it appears to be a transitional interlude that gives us some additional information concerning the 2nd coming.