LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

Today I found out that my town's grocery store is closing its doors. We do have a small Sav-a-lot store, and a drug store that sells a few grocery items. But they both have very limited selection. This was a family own grocery store and has been here for 37 years. Now it is going to be just another empty building in town. No word on what happen. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.36
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

10 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Today I found out that my town's grocery store is closing its doors. We do have a small Sav-a-lot store, and a drug store that sells a few grocery items. But they both have very limited selection. This was a family own grocery store and has been here for 37 years. Now it is going to be just another empty building in town. No word on what happen. 

Its no surprise lady kay .     Everything is more and more going to online shopping .    But wait till we see where this leads .

A system is being set up and fast , that will enslave the world .     In fact in the time to come , if one has not some kind of chip or rfid tattoe on their body ,

THEY wont be even able to buy or sell , save they who have that .      SOUND FAMILIAR .       If not I invite us all to go read revelation chapter thirteen .

Now , feel free it ask me why I aint one ounce worried .     CAUSE I GOT THE LORD and thus whether I live or die I GOT ALL HOPE .

And come now ,  if God feeds lil birds ,   He can feed me , even when I am on the run without work or anything of this world .

GOTTA have that TRUST IN THE LORD , for many are and will sell out in the times and days ahead , just as many have already sold out .

LADY kay ,   I wanna hear these words FROM YOU .      I , Lady Kay , will not take the beasts ring in my skin ,  I will not take and render unto the beast

that which is GOD s ,  for our temple is not even our own , ITS HIS .     But its why satan wants to mark it and mock GOD and have all worship .

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

34 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

"No word on what happen"

Yahweh's Word describes it as noted in the previous post at least in part.

The system of the world is becoming more and more and more powerful every day.   Few will escape even if they want to.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,192
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/12/1957

I have been used to driving many miles to get to a store with a reasonable selection for many decades.  Lived in the interior of Alaska for 10 years and live now in a rural farming area of Iowa.   It takes a lot of money to keep a brick and mortar store open.  People have to be paid and light bills have to be paid.  Property taxes and other fees also.  If the volume of customers is not adequate to reach a profit margin, then the business has no choice but to close the doors.  I charge almost $2 a mile to deliver product to food store warehouses.  And some of that product has to travel 1000 miles or more to get to that warehouse.  That warehouse has employees to pay, light bills, and property taxes.  It then has to be distributed to the stores by their own fleet of trucks.  Someone has to pay for all that.

It is all basic economics.

Edited by OldCoot
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

This is scary. I've decided I would rather commit suicide than let anyone put that mark of the beast on me. I will escape the grasp of those evil psychiatrists. But then there's my parents. They are not behaving very Christian lately. They don't go to church, which means I can't go to church. I can't drive. I have a few mental problems, I am forced to see psychiatrists and take medicine. In my town we have 2 walmarts, publix, walgreens, dollar stores winn dixie, and circle K. We have a lot of stores. This might be a bad idea, but maybe you could move? 

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

On 3/12/2019 at 4:31 PM, LadyKay said:

I feel for you. A town 3 miles away lost it's last store 10 years ago and has a Dollar General. Seven miles the other way still has a family run place with great meats and deli. The selections aren't much elswhere but they have tried with produce and other shelves. I keep shopping there for most of my supplies to keep the place in business. It's like walking into the past for a moment. People know your name and conversations happen. The owner is usually around doing something and says hi. Nice to go where everyone knows your name. 

Edited by Zemke
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

I moved from Seattle to rural KY 8 years ago. We went from having four or five Costco's within a half hour of our home to one Costco, 90 minutes away. But in our area there are full service Wal-Marts, and save a-lots and Kroger's.

Save a lot is a joke. They are the most expensive of the bunch. I've only been there twice and gave up on them. 

Unless you are in alaska, I can only assume there is a WAl-mart or some other grocery store one town away. 

Then again, you ARE in another galaxy, so who knows? :D

• Haha 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

LadyKay i'm so sorry to hear that you're loseing a grocery store in your town :( it seems to me that online shopping is getting very popular I noticed that Sears, Kmart, & shopko have closed recently over the years,  i hope we don't lose any grocery stores in Eastern OR

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.84
  • Days Won:  226

Grocery stores are decreasing their inventory. They do not carry what they used to. It is very frustrating. Then people go online to get what they want. The grocery store goes out of business. :noidea:

• Thumbs Up 1