Once Saved Always Saved?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I just want to confirm if this teaching is true? I just want to be sure that I am saved.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, Hello World said:

I just want to confirm if this teaching is true? I just want to be sure that I am saved.

Shalom my friend,

A popular question. You will encounter those who say either way. But let me explain the matter from my view like this and hopefully it will help...

Imagine you were on a life boat with Yeshua (Jesus), helping the many millions of people stranded across the vast violent ocean waves.

Both you and Yeshua help to pull people into the Lifeboat and, when full, return to the larger Cruise Ship to drop off the saved people. 

As Yeshua climbs back into the Lifeboat with you for another pass, he turns to the people left on the Cruise Ship and says “Take care of each other, especially the hurt and troubled!”

You and Yeshua brave the violent waves again.  Yeshua helps another lost soul into the Lifeboat. “I’m saved!” they scream, yet they hold on tight to the sides.  Yeshua pulls another lost soul into the Lifeboat and they scream “No! no! It can’t be over! I can’t be saved surely!”.  Yeshua comforts them accordingly.

Meanwhile, you pull lost soul into the Lifeboat and they mumble “I can’t…. I have been saved... but I can’t swim, I’m going to fall!”.  You tell them not to worry and secure them to the Lifeboat, you won't let them fall.  You pull yet another aboard the Lifeboat and this time the lost soul says “i want to be saved, but let me go back! I’ve been part of the waves for so long, I’ll be soaked forever! I’m sure I can survive out there! I'm no good for your ship” and they attempt to jump back in!  What would you do?  What do you think Yeshua would do? Would you just look at each other and shrug?  Or would you both immediately reach out to grab them and pull them back in?

After another stormy session on the waves, both you and Yeshua arrive back again and empty your Lifeboat of the saved lost souls. Yeshua sees some people working together and helping each other but there are still many in need of urgent assistance.  You and Yeshua then see another group of fairly healthy people sitting down comfortably rejoicing, each saying “I'm saved! I’m saved! No need to worry!” - right besides them are others nearby, suffering to catch their breath and stop their bleeding.  Yeshua turns sadly and grabs you by the shoulder, leading you back to the Lifeboat you hear Him whisper sadly “come on, we must go”. 

Whilst riding on the waves again you turn to Yeshua and ask “what’s to become of those who didn’t help the others, will you kick them over board?”.  Yeshua responds immediately “What? No, don’t be crazy!  But when our Cruise Ship arrives back to land, we’re going to have a serious conversation with our Father.  Even though they were saved they made no effort to help those in need, who were just like them. They certainly won’t receive a hero’s welcome. On the contrary, they will be called to account for this.”

So ask yourself, who would kick a saved lost soul overboard?  Even if they were confused about the Cruise Ship and wanted to jump back into the waves, wouldn't Yeshua and others stop them?  But let’s say they managed to escape overboard, persisting to jump off over and over again and even rudely despising their Captain. Would He still not immediately throw a life ring after them to land within their reach?

Therefore, if you have confessed and repented of your sins, and been baptized by the water and Spirit, don’t doubt your salvation.  Trust in His goodness, kindness and power to keep you "on-board".  

Keep this in mind as well: All of Israel were saved out of Egypt! How many do you think were righteous? How many of them did the Father lose between Goshen and crossing the Red Sea?  Weren’t they all saved by grace and mercy?  Or does the Scripture say that all of Israel at that time were righteous and blameless?   Was it by Israel's actions and righteousness that saved them from the Destroying Angel on the Passover? Or was it the Blood of the Lamb?

Instead, we should worry about what we will do whilst on “the Cruise Ship”.  Will we fish for others or help and strengthen others on-board?  If anyone is happy just to sit on-board and bask in their salvation, they will find a very disappointing conversation awaiting them on the mainland, to say the very least. 

It shouldn't be "once saved, always saved" but "once saved, and then to work!"

I hope this gives you some peace my friend.

Love & Shalom

Edited by Tzephanyahu

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,770
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The simple answer is that God must be in you for you to be saved... if works is any part of your confidence that He is you could be in error

Titus 3:5-6

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
KJV

this is such a conclusive answer to those who thinks their works aid them in salvation....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

8 hours ago, Hello World said:

Yes, it is true Romans 8:38-39. But a person has to be truly saved to begin with. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

14 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

The simple answer is that God must be in you for you to be saved... if works is any part of your confidence that He is you could be in error

Titus 3:5-6

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
KJV

this is such a conclusive answer to those who thinks their works aid them in salvation....

Not actually according to all that is written.

When there is time, if ever,  look up how many times it is written "will be saved".

Then again, when there is time,  while reading Scripture,  pay attention to the descriptions of Ekklesia each day, all their lives, in all different circumstances,  

and realize how few ever fit the description Yahweh gives ,   so many times,  so many places in Scripture.

Every Word of Yahweh is Perfect and Accurate,  and His Desription,  His Decision,  His Judgment , His Appraisal,  is Perfect,

every time,  all the time.

9 hours ago, Hello World said:

Only what is in line with and total harmony with Scripture is truth,  with no contradictions, with nothing opposed to Yahweh's Word.  

Man or demons developed many doctrines, as clearly seen in the warnings in the OT and NT (all through the Bible).

Those doctrines,  which are not of Yahweh, and which contradict any part of Yahweh's Word,  are not true.

Also,  many 'associated' dogmas, practices, doctrines and the resulting lives seen daily may reveal the results of false teachers and false prophets and false teachings (which btw are as Scripture says very common) ....

So do as the Father Says and live as He grants grace and life and revelation of His Will and Plan and Purpose through His Word.

Truth of Yahweh's Word:

(to multitudes on Judgment Day;  to people who were TOTALLY POSITIVE they had it made in heaven ! )

I Never Knew You - “Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

23 And then I will declare to them,
‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’
Edited by simplejeff

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

Hello world......Nice to meet you.Intelligent, sincere, Bible -literate Believers spar  over this issue quite often.Here is what it comes down to , I think. There are roughly 200 verses that appear to show that one can lose their salvation.Problem is, there are roughly 400 verses that show you can’t.All the non OSAS verses have one of two things in common—- they are taken out of context or they are not referring to the Body of Christ. The OSAS verses are impossible to argue with—- how does one argue with clear verses like these:

“ ANYBODY that ASKS to be saved, WILL be saved” Notice it does NOT say, “might” be saved or has a “ chance” to be saved—- how on earth does anybody get around that clear verse?

“I write these things that you may KNOW that you are saved.....” that was written for people just like you....saved but insecure about it. It includes all that simply “believe in the name of the Son of God”. Again, how do you argue with that?

Here’s the best one, from Jesus Himself  John 5:24..... “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes in the One that sent me, HAS eternal life and will NOT be judged but has crossed over from death to life”

Please notice that when Jesus was addressing the crowd , informing that some would hear “ depart from me, I never knew you” He was referring to those who could only talk about what “ they” did. Not once did they  credit Jesus for what “HE” did.That’s where these lost, blind tatted missed the boat.The Shed Blood, The Finished Work at the Cross and the faith given to them by The Holy Spirit and the Grace purchased at a terrible price was what saves everybody that has ever been saved .These Truths were never realized by the people that Jesus talked about—- it was all about “ them”, not one word about the One who actually did the Saving and paid the price. They were clueless.They thought it was all about them and their “ good deeds”.They never saw themselves as lost, hopeless sinners . They never really turned to the One who paid the All-Sufficient Price That

could have saved them.They never knew Jesus.Thus, He never knew them.Dont be fooled into joining this lost group.It is Not about us when it comes to salvation.....it is ALL HIM. Read the lyrics to “ Nothing But The Blood”—— everybody sings it.....they saved ones believe it.According to the Gospel preached by Paul, delivered to him personally by Jesus , if you believe Jesus died for your sins and believe God raised Him from the dead—- you are saved— a member of the Body of Christ.Absolutely safe.Absolutely untouchable.God’s Word is at stake and He cannot lie. “ Turn to Me and I will turn to you”  . Once again, how can  anybody argue with that?Turn to Him and trust Him—— watch what He will do! God bless.

Edited by Blood Bought 1953