• Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  463
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/13/2019 at 6:41 AM, thomas t said:

Hi everyone,

a fellow poster pondered about this question here

I also would say, God isn't in need of us.

On a particular level.. yes He does need us. The way that He needed the prophets of old to hear Him and thus get His word into the Earth where it could benefit people in need.

We are here to hear Him, and to share His word with others and get it to the people in need.

However, when they attack him they attack us, I fear.

My mother used to say, Paul's writings were guilty of anti-women bias. But she took it to the personal level against Paul saying "Paul is _____". Christians think that Paul was inspired by God when he wrote part of the Bible, so it seems it is an attack on God.

I take it that your mother is not saved.. for that reason she doesn't understand anything that she might hear about the Bible, she hears others who have an animosity against God.

I suppose that you've tried to tell her that Paul isn't "anti-women". His message is that there's no difference between men and women.. but grace from God.. and freedom from bondage.

When I started a new life in 2002 asking Jesus to be my savior, my mother also attacked me calling me mentally ill.

It's only ungodly people who say that, while the Bible says that through the word of God believers can have a sound mind.

The Bible says Matthew 10:25 It is enough for the disciple to be like his teacher, and the servant like his master. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebul, how much more will they malign those of his household.

I want to have God as my teacher, so my mother attacking me is just what God's word predicted, I think.

There were those of Jesus' own family who thought that he was an overzealous fanatic.

So when they attack God, I think, we should speak up. This would be just natural when we feel that he is our father, in my opinion.

Regards,

Thomas

---

Edit:

I should add that my mother added all sorts of other attacks, too, and the other family members, my father and my sister, joined her in doing so... and this made me mentally ill. So ironically, when my mother declared me ill it was like a self-fulfilling prophecy ?. As I remembered how my childhood devellopped my illness got worse and stayed for long years.

So I conclude: God might not be vulnerable, we are.

The same happened with my family. They scoffed and gave their opinions. I endured because I sought refuge in God through His word and prayer. And, letting it roll off like water off a duck's back.

A number of years have gone by.. now, they are civil and even courteous at times. I still pray for them that their eyes be opened, their heart be receptive so that they come to the knowledge of the truth.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

I think you are right; they attack us because they deny that our souls have a holy origin and instead claim that our mind is an algorithm claimed to solve problems of survival. I fear that if the world turns fully atheist that might cripple the souls in it, because they will treat each other according to that false „algorithm insight“. Since god is merciful THAT might hurt him, not the fact that he is forgotten.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

To answer the OP. Nope.

The Lord is ever patient with us but does NOT require us or need us. It is His Image we should reflect and not our own.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

On 7/4/2019 at 5:28 AM, Justin Adams said:

To answer the OP. Nope.

The Lord is ever patient with us but does NOT require us or need us. It is His Image we should reflect and not our own.

I agree but IMO Christians do need to defend the Bible  and the doctrines in it we try to live by.   If we can't our beliefs seem foolishness to nonbelievers and there is no reason they should be considered truthful.

I Pet 3:15...always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you...

.\Peace and joy

Edited by omega2xx
  • Thumbs Up 1