IGNORED

Do we pray to God only, or to Jesus too?

Cindy Lynn

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

30 minutes ago, Cindy Lynn said:

Can you please show me an example in the Bible when anyone prayed directly to Jesus?

John 14:13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the son may bring glory to the father. 

Edited by BeauJangles
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 minutes ago, SelahSong said:

Amen!  In JESUS’ name.  :emot-heartbeat:

That's right my dear sister . THATS RIGHT .       Put those hands up and praise the Lord .

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Cindy Lynn said:

Does the Bible specifically say that we should pray to Jesus, or only to God? 

Jesus is God. I assume you meant God the Father? Jesus, Father and Holy Spirit constitute the Holy Trinity. Jesus is God. They all are equal. I see nothing wrong to praying to either of them. Praying to Jesus or Holy Spirit is also praying to God. Because Jesus and Holy Spirit are God.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

6 minutes ago, SelahSong said:

Luke 11 King James Version (KJV)

11 And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.

And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.

*...but we should always pray in the name of Jesus.

Selah:emot-heartbeat:

That's right loved sister .  IN HIS NAME and in no other name .    No allah , no muhammed , no budda ,  not to saints , not to mary ,  

We pray to GOD through Christ  .   We use HIS name and we stand against all lies. For  any other way  , religion mindset or etc IS DEAD FALSE and its end the second death .

We make our stance now dear sister .  We make it and we make in ON THE ONLY HOPE WE HAVE , CHRIST JESUS .  And though in time we will be seen as monsters and haters

of all,  WE WONT BUDGE one ounce from off that name .    To live is Christ to die is only gain . WE WIN cause our LORD has won , we have the victory , FOR HE IS the VICTORY

no matter what all reilgoins and the pope and others say ,   WE wont heed them period . WE STAND ON THE ONLY FOUNDATION of the ONLY NAME whereby any is and can be saved .

CHRIST JESUS the KING and that is the song we sing .    You are loved dear sister

To all at worthy and round the world who have ears to hear and eyes to see , WE MAKE OUR STAND NOW for many will fall for the lie .

WE must go out the way we came in , Shouting JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY , the ONLY NAME whereby any can be saved . REPENT and believe

for all other ways , mindsets , religions etc are only death and the end is the second death .

Edited by frienduff thaylorde

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,825
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

6 hours ago, Cindy Lynn said:

This is a very thought out question, saying that I am fully award that very few like well thought out questions. 

This kind of questions is like a double edge sword, it begins by everyone reflecting on what they have, and defending what they have. 

At the same time this questions are asking to examine our own teachers and mendors, kind of requiring a person to seek independence from the one person or group who is acting as their taker, and nothing wrong with that as we are called to be our brother's kepper. 

This question needs a well thought out answer. 

Jesus was not speaking to ethnic people, polytheistic ones, he was speaking to monotheistic people, who also had instructions from their God, who was also their Lord, the one to bless them, protect them and also use his discrition to disipnine them, and also provided for them the form of worship and asking for petitions which included the offering of gifts, the priest, also a sacrifice- not all the time, and of course the Jerusalem Temple, because that's where their Lord God was doind their Judging, for blessing and instructions....

Jesus by saying from now on to the disciples he was asking them to stay away from their traditions prayers according to the Law, something they have doing for thousand years since Moses and before, when the people offer burned sacrifices to God when they were asking for his intervention in their lifes, petitions as asking to have children, meaning if we only have a child because of God, that child is his, and not mandatory , as he does it also out of his love helping us, making a mother happy without asking nothing in returned,

But it was times that he used us as surrogates, when he had a special propose for the child..e.x. Of

Issac, joseph, Benjamin...Moses...

Samuel, jonh the Baptist,

and Jesus Christ which is deferent, because he provided the seed. 

It is to note that in all those cases he had close the womb of those chosen women for a season.

Jesus introduce them to the New, as he did with the woman in the well. 

One way to look at is ;

The people of the old were praying to their Lord and their God...

Jesus was telling that he will be glorified and he will be their Lord and God, and more than that, 

God will start a new family with the head of this family or Nation not Abraham but Jesus Christ....

That Abraham Nation follows Jesus Christ, as Moses, who said, the time will come that I will follow Jesus Christ and you follow me because I follow Jesus Christ the Messiah who will lead us not in the earthly promish Land but in the Heavenly...

Jesus is saying I am with God, I am from God, he was saying to his disciples only that even now you can pray to God in my name , and he said that before his death and resurection.

And Jesus sent them to villages and the disciples in his name they did many miracles...

That even the evil spirits recognize the authority of Jesus Christ. And witness of him, by subjecting to his authority and giving wittnes that his powers were from God.

Jesus bless them before he sent them to the mission..they went with his blessing, in his name in his authority Jesus had while on earth, not all authority yet because he had not die yet..

Now we know what Philip said when Jesus show himself to him after the resuraction , my Lord and my God...

All the disciples knew that Jesus came from the Heavenly Father and he he will take them to the Heavenly Father.....

And that is the Heavenly Father who made him Lord and God over all, and our Lord and God...

So as it is, to our Lord we should reach out with our prayers...

We should see our selfs standing before the Throne of our Lord Jesus Christ asking for help. A blessing, guidance, in one word offering our prayers, because this is the wish of the Heavenly Father, he gave him everything, all authority and power and dominion...and the Holy Spirit..  

When the disciples got hold of it they said all we need is Jesus, who is also. Our propritiation for our sins and our peace with God...

We give all Glory to Jesus, and we thank and Glorify our Heavenly Father for senting Jesus, and as the Father Honors Jesus Christ, we follow the Father to Honor Jesus Christ. 

We have only one Lord and who is also our Savior . and the sacrifice of our sins, our righteousness, our Eternal Life, because we are partakers of his spirit...we are his Family and Nation. 

Our prayers are accepted in anyway because Jesus knows the intentions of our heart, and he Loves us.

Edited by Your closest friendnt

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,298
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

13 hours ago, Cindy Lynn said:

There is a higharcy in the trinity, the Spirit looks to the Son and the Son look to the Father.

So when we pray we copy Jesus and pray to God the Father and we pray in Jesus's name relying on the indeweling Spirit to help us pray.

That is the general formular, but if you want to pray to Jesus pray to him he will understand through the Spirit what you intend.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

19 hours ago, Who me said:

There is a higharcy in the trinity, the Spirit looks to the Son and the Son look to the Father.

So when we pray we copy Jesus and pray to God the Father and we pray in Jesus's name relying on the indeweling Spirit to help us pray.

That is the general formular, but if you want to pray to Jesus pray to him he will understand through the Spirit what you intend.

The Holy Spirit is inferior to Jesus who is inferior to the Father? Hmm.

Seems to me one can just pray "Help" and be heard by all three, and  without formula.

However; if one denies any of the three, therein is a problem. One does not come to the Father except through Jesus. And none are aware of Jesus,  nor the Father, except by the Holy Spirit.  I suggest that praying does not play out like a game of simon says. "Gotchca  go back to the beginning you didn't say Simon  says". There are rules  of faith,  but not a ritual for prayer other than pray rightly. Reference Matthew 6.

And, do not be anxious.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,298
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

4 hours ago, Neighbor said:

The Holy Spirit is inferior to Jesus who is inferior to the Father? Hmm.

Seems to me one can just pray "Help" and be heard by all three, and  without formula.

However; if one denies any of the three, therein is a problem. One does not come to the Father except through Jesus. And none are aware of Jesus,  nor the Father, except by the Holy Spirit.  I suggest that praying does not play out like a game of simon says. "Gotchca  go back to the beginning you didn't say Simon  says". There are rules  of faith,  but not a ritual for prayer other than pray rightly. Reference Matthew 6.

And, do not be anxious.

Where did I say that any were inferior?

I merely showed one aspect of the roles of the Spirit and of the Son.

The Spirit will always point as to Jesus and Jesus will point as to God the Father.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

I think we pray to both Jesus & God because Jesus is God's Son :)  Jesus hears us when we pray to him