IGNORED

Do we pray to God only, or to Jesus too?

Cindy Lynn

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,793
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

I pray to the Lord, and end with "in the name of Jesus". I know the Holy Spirit intercedes in our prayers (Romans 8:26) so all 3 are involved anyway. How one does it is up to them and the Lord. 

Dont make prayer too complicated or overthink it. Just pray. Just talk to the Lord. Take everything to Him in prayer, with thanksgiving (Philippians 4:6-7).

• This is Worthy 3
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

On 3/13/2019 at 12:18 PM, Cindy Lynn said:

Can you please show me an example in the Bible when anyone prayed directly to Jesus?

Act 7:59  And as they were stoning Stephen, he called out, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit."

Act 7:60  And falling to his knees he cried out with a loud voice, "Lord, do not hold this sin against them." And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

Cindy Lynn, it's my prayer that this question has been settled in your heart now. The consensus is that The Trinity are equal, one with the others, are in complete harmony together. Prayer is, basically, just talking , we don't have to put on any "airs or graces" to get God's attention, it's after all, a "come as you are"  reality. He (they) take us where we're at, He is God, He knows, He sees, He understands, and most importantly, He answers. As always, I hope this helps, and God bless.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,821
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

14 hours ago, ayin jade said:

I pray to the Lord, and end with "in the name of Jesus". I know the Holy Spirit intercedes in our prayers (Romans 8:26) so all 3 are involved anyway. How one does it is up to them and the Lord. 

Dont make prayer too complicated or overthink it. Just pray. Just talk to the Lord. Take everything to Him in prayer, with thanksgiving (Philippians 4:6-7).

I believe that our prayers are heard, and are recieved because Jesus knows our hearts and he loves us.  

In Esaias 9:6 (?), the CHRIST to come is called the everlasting Father, because he is going to be the Father, or Savior and Lord of both Jews and Gentiles, as suppose to the Father of the Jews only, who was the Lord of them only.

because we are his children he is call our Father, not the Heavenly Father who is the Father of Jesus Christ and for that also is our Father as in the role of the Grand Father...

As we see in the geneologies in the bible they list the children of the sons (the grandchildren), as being the children of the grand Father. 

This is actually quite truth as we belong to the Heavenly Father because we belong to his son Jesus Christ. 

Anyway, about prayer; I just call upon Jesus, I learned this way....

But now I understand that he is our Savior, and our Lord...

And I understand why Paul kept saying to the Greeks, Jesus is all you need, for everything, in Jesus CHRIST you have everything you could have had from the pamtheon of Gods you had before...I meant help in this life, as their Gods also bless them , if not why would be their Gods. 

I am Greek and I understand their coulture of that time and  Paul trying to teach the Greeks ; Jesus has everything we need,because the Heavenly Father gave him everything that he has and he gave us Jesus for all our needs..

Don't mind me, in the Greek coulture that ancient times, their head God and the Father of the other Gods in their pagan religion, had given the people a diferent God for a deferent need, so Paul had a hard time to deal with the first generation of Greek believers, who were acostom to a different God for a different need, and some of them were still going and asking the help of the fertility Godess, participating in rituals of their old religion together with their faith in Jesus Christ...

That's why Paul was telling them, your Savior Jesus Christ (and they like that because of the Heavenly Inheritance, is also your Lord and he will supply all your needs, and prohibited them of going to the Idols....do not eat meat offered to the Idols for their blessings that come with that, if you eat just for the meat, is another situation. But careful do not mock them and offend the, you will not be forgiven, to them are their sacret things, and they see themselfs as the guards of those traditions, with respect...

There is something that I realized, when I pray is that I see my self standing in front of my Lord...and Savior Jesus Christ who knows that I believe in him, so lately I found it odd to stand in front of Jesus and asked him help and then finish my prayer , I ask you Jesus all this "in the name of Jesus", 

I understand if we were neibours and let's supposed do not talk to one another...and 

In my need I have decited to asked you for help, and I say to you, I know you don't have to help me because of friendship, but please help me in the name of Jesus, which I mean to say because Jesus would have help me, and please do it in his name...

Like if you cannot help someone the way you feel, do it in Jesus name, because he maybe the one who sent me to you. 

As I said finaly I made my self strong and not to be afraid to say thank you, I praise you, instand of sound it that I pray to Jesus and then I command him to do it in his name, ....

If I am with others I say in his name not to scandalize them, and they easily get offended....

Anyway I liked your post that's why I respond. Because you said our Lord has everything we need, because the Father has given to him everything and the Lordship over us...

The Heavenly Father is a by-stand, he made Jesus our Lord and our provider, he will not interfere or disagree with everything Jesus does...he honored him in this way, and there is peace between the two of them, he even gave him the Holy Spirit for his ministry....and I always thank the Heavenly Father for sending Jesus to die for us . 

Forgive me if I said too much, because I read your posts often and  carefully and I am bless.

Please pray for me to cool down for I expect too much from Jesus, and I neglet to take better care of my self...