turtletwo

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

Yesterday, my son brought up something interesting.

He told me he'd been reading in Jeremiah 3 and pointed to verse 11:

"And the Lord said unto me, The backsliding Israel hath justified herself more than treacherous Judah."

So I thought I'd start this discussion with him in mind.  

Any thoughts out there as to why God made this statement?

Further exploring of this chapter/situation and expounding on it is welcomed (including scriptures elsewhere that might correlate with it.) Thanks.

Edited by turtletwo
left out one word
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1

@simplejeff Sorry about that, Jeff. You may have come in when I was editing (to put in one word I had accidentally left out when typing.) Did the topic come up with just the title and nothing else?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

This came up on the "ALL ACTIVITY" page: 

turtletwo posted a topic in General Discussion
Yesterday, my son brought up something interesting. He told me he'd been reading in Jeremiah 3 and pointed to verse 11: "And the Lord said unto me, The backsliding Israel hath justified herself more than treacherous Judah." So I thought I'd start this discussion with him in mind. Any thoughts out there as to God made this statement? Further exploring of this chapter/situation and...

Just now

====================

NOTHING appears in the OP  - it is blank. (with note: "edited just now by turtletwo" )

• Thanks 2

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

4 minutes ago, turtletwo said:

@simplejeff Sorry about that, Jeff. You may have come in when I was editing (to put in one word I had accidentally left out when typing.) Did the topic come up with just the title and nothing else?

Think about nebb and then His son .   

What did God do unto Nebb for his blasphemy .    He humbled him , made him mad .      What did GOD do to nebbs son .  KILLED HIM DEAD .

WHY .   Because HIS SON saw and knew what happened to his daddy , YET HE WENT AND DID GREAT EVIL , KNOWING THIS .     HE knew .    HE had seen what happened to his daddy

and was like , OH WELL I am going to do great evil to .   NO excuse . 

Treachers juda , SAW what was done and went and did even worse .      Kinda like many churches I know of today .   Like a foot race to see who can do more evil , IN HIS NAME

• Praise God! 1

Therefore to HIM who KNOWS to do good and does it not , TO HIM it is SIN .       James knew .    

Why you think its written also , that it would have been better to never have known the way of righteousness , than After knowing it to return to the pit and be overcome .

WHY do you think all these great renown leaders will be wailing on the day of the LORD .   cause they rejected and they done it in His name .

WHEN a man KNOWS better , BUT DOES it anyway ,   OH DEAR that one better wail and cry .    

WE GOT BIBLES ,   their is no excuse for what many teach today .    THEY do it anyway , they Knew , most of them did , they knew at one time

JESUS was the only way ,  BUT ITS NOT what they saying ANYMORE.

Its about to get ugly harsh serious judgment .   its called a DELUSION .     Wanna know what that is such a harsh judgment ,  CAUSE ITS END IS THE SECOND DEATH .

Folks better start repenting and following the ONLY HOPE WE have , WHICH IS CHRIST and when I say JESUS CHRIST , I MEAN ONLY JESUS CHRIST .

ANd learn them bibles well .

• Praise God! 1

Why do we think paul said   , but he who cares not for others , specially for those of his own household , HE has denied the faith

and is WOOOOOOOORRRSE than an infidel .  CAUSE THEY KNEW BETTER .   folks better start learning JESUS and fast .    LETS FLOOD into those bibles and love every word .

PS ,  you loved swidl .

• Loved it! 1

18 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

NOTHING appears in the OP  - it is blank. (with note: "edited just now by turtletwo" )

@simplejeff Sorry to bother you again. But I tried to repost it. Is it okay now? I hope I fixed it? (I always joke to folks "techy turtle I am not." :))

• Haha 1
  • Praise God! 1

Its written in james where he says therefore to Him who knows to do good and does it not

and its in the letter to timothy ,   I think chapter four where he says he has denied the faith and is worse than an infidel .

Let me go find the chapter in Daniel about nebbs son .   I think its chapter five or six ,  no its five cause six is the lions den .

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

12 Go and proclaim these words toward the north, and say, Return, thou backsliding Israel, saith the Lord; and I will not cause mine anger to fall upon you: for I am merciful, saith the Lord, and I will not keep anger for ever.

• Praise God! 2

Daniel chapter five .  verse eighteen , Daniel says

O thou king , the most high God gave nebechadnezzar thy father a kingdom , and majesty , and glory and honor .

And for the majesty that he gave him , all people , nations  , and languages trembled and feared before him .

whom he would he slew, and whom he would he kept alive , whome he would he ste up and whom he would he put down .

BUT , when his heart was LIFTED UP and his mind hardened in pride he was disposed from the throne and they took his glory from Him .

And he was driven from the sons of men and his heart was made like the beasts , and his dwelling

was with the wild asses, they fed him with grass liken oxen , and his body was wet with the dew of heaven , TILL

he knew that the most high God ruled in the kingdom of men and that HE appoints over it whomsoever HE WILL .

And you His son , o Belshazzar , Have not humbled your heart , Even THOUGH YOU KNEW THIS ,

but you too lifted up yourself .         SEE the point sister .      KNOW and understand that their will be a far harsher judgment

for any who called themselves christain and yet walked in sin and loved it .  ITS GONNA BE WORSE .  Every man woman and child  STOP heeding these men of belial.

they have LIED TO US . THEY have lied and I am at war with them all , I will expose them all and pray that none takes heed to a one of them .

Edited by frienduff thaylorde
  • This is Worthy 1