• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

This is why treachers juda was so very treacherous .  SHE SAW , she saw ,and yet she did anyway .  

Oh dear pope francis and many are in dire trouble , they had better lay in the prone and cease this inclusive pile of stink , OR I warn us all

they and those who bought the lie , gonna pay in the lake of fire .  JESUS ONLY SAVES .   ONLY CHRIST and all others are false . 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

49 minutes ago, turtletwo said:

Yesterday, my son brought up something interesting.

He told me he'd been reading in Jeremiah 3 and pointed to verse 11:

"And the Lord said unto me, The backsliding Israel hath justified herself more than treacherous Judah."

So I thought I'd start this discussion with him in mind.  

Any thoughts out there as to why God made this statement?

Further exploring of this chapter/situation and expounding on it is welcomed (including scriptures elsewhere that might correlate with it.) Thanks.

The sins of the southern kingdom exceeded the sins of the north. Ezekiel 23 deals with this issue speaking about two sisters. One representing Israel and the other Juda. The harlotries of Juda where far worse than Israels. Spiritually, harlotry is referring to other Gods, other religions. Juda played the harlot far worse as in offering their babies in the fire. Actually taking their children to dispose of them to Molech. Small metal idols would be placed in the fire till red hot and extracted, then they would lay the baby into the enlarged hands on the idol and burn the child up.  

Consider the abortion world wide. And even in Israel today. Nature worship always calls for blood or for that matter all pagon worship.

Edited by Zemke
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

3 minutes ago, naominash said:

I love you, Turtletwo!

Techy or not!

@naominash :teeth_smile:Aww. Thanks. I needed that. God bless you, sis.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

15 hours ago, turtletwo said:

"And the Lord said unto me, The backsliding Israel hath justified herself more than treacherous Judah."

Shalom Turtle,

I believe this is addressed in the apocryphal work 2 Esdras, or maybe Baruch... I'm not 100% sure. But I think this is reference to the fact that Israel was led into idolatry through their wicked Kings. Whereas Judah fell into idolatry and persisted in it - even when they had good kings.  

In the same way, consider how in the Torah it says that if a man breaks in to rob you at night then you are entitled to defend yourself. However, if he breaks in during the day, you may not defend yourself. It's thought that this is explaining the lesser of two evils. For the man who breaks in at night seeks to do so in secret because he knows it is wrong and wishes to escape. Whereas the man who does so during the day is clearly either desperate or not smart enough to realise what he does is wrong. 

Again, in the same way, judgment on Chorazin and Bethsaida is far worse than for Sodom and Gomorrah. For the former had the witness of the Messiah and the latter did not.

Wilful sin (treacherous) is far worse than ignorant sin (backsliding), is what I think it means basically.

I hope that makes some sense.

Love & Shalom

• Loved it! 1

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 3/13/2019 at 2:51 PM, turtletwo said:

Yesterday, my son brought up something interesting.

He told me he'd been reading in Jeremiah 3 and pointed to verse 11:

So I thought I'd start this discussion with him in mind.  

Any thoughts out there as to why God made this statement?

Further exploring of this chapter/situation and expounding on it is welcomed (including scriptures elsewhere that might correlate with it.) Thanks.

On 3/13/2019 at 3:23 PM, turtletwo said:

@simplejeff Sorry to bother you again. But I tried to repost it. Is it okay now? I hope I fixed it? (I always joke to folks "techy turtle I am not." )

Well,  it is visible,   ... .... but 'fixed' ?    Rather go read worthychristianlibrary.com (on this site)/  to that url , OR click on "Worthy Ministries" upper left this page, then "LIBRARY"  to see the works in the worthychristianlibrary,   most all tested and proven true, in line with all scripture;    i.e. not like topics on forums,  open to unbelievers and the whole world , subject to many many errors, multiple repeated errors.

The worthychristianlibrary is peaceful, truthful, "safe" for weak-in-faith believers and all who are seeking to turn to Yahuweh's(God's)  Kingdom as Yahushua (Jesus the Messiah) told the people He Spoke To TO DO.