IGNORED

Should I Do It Or Not? What Does God Want Me To Do?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  262
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

I'm in a very similar situation to this right now, and i was in this before, but i will make it more like it was before in my past where i never got a clear answer.

I am living in the cheapest place i can find. nowhere even across the state is there anything cheaper. We only have a moped-motorcycle to get me to work. I've had my ones in the past stolen on camera, in a public place with lights and chained up,and it took them 30 minutes to steal it and i was at work on the other side of the wall unaware the whole time they were stealing it until it was time to leave work 1 hour later. Now, we live in apartments, cheap ones with strict rules. They say i cannot put my bike/moped-motorcycle anywhere except in a wide open parking space. I cannot chain it up to anything. I had a moped previously here and it was stolen within a month of moving here. So i know they know the spot and would likely check back to see if i replaced it with another to steal it. Anything anyways cannot fully keep it from being stolen if i had the best of the best products for protection and theft probs. we have a huge window we are always next to that goes to the back of the house. There are just trees for a long distance behind there and even a street light right above it. We keep it wide open all day. The street light there lights up our house through the back windows so we dont always have to use lights in the house. So its not like its completely secluded. But i think its a great idea simply to not let the theif even notice i have a vehicle and keep it hidden and covered and chained up and with an alarm. But my landlord here tells me i cant put it in the back. 

so i have gotten different perspectives what to do from family christians, friend christians, pastors even, and yet many disagree with each other in even opposite directions but with understandable perspectives.

If i lose the vehicle, i don't have a way to work or that i can afford, so i lose job and we go homeless with my family and baby and NO we dont have friends or family that will help us at all- in fact, they have left us homeless for years, time and time again. So it will be on the streets for me and homeless shelter for my wife and babies.

But then you have it that if i lose the house but keep the job, i may go homeless anyways. but then some say God will still find me a place. Some say God will protect the motorcycle because he wouldnt want us to suffer.

Some say, screw the landlord, it is a sin NOT to provide for your family. You already saw they will steal it! They will do it again and you wont have a way to work and you will be putting your family in danger of being homeless because you simply didnt hide it. Your landlord isnt being fair in your situation. 

Some say, it is sinful and wrong, or even just a bad idea to go against what your landlord says. You cant guarantee the thief will come, but you can be sure one day the landlord will find out somehow you disobeyed the rules and they will evict you and you may have even more trouble finding a place or keeping your job. It would be better to lose the job and vehicle and house anyways rather than to sin.

Some say, you have to do what you have to do- even if you have to drive a car illegally in order to feed your family and work, the laws arent fair or right in this country, God wants you to work and provide for your family. 

Of course, some people just say keep praying about it- then the vehicle ends up stolen before i get a clear answer from God. 

Some say, this is a cruel world, if it happens it happens, just do the best you can without sinning. (basically, obey the landlord and hope for the best)

And even some say, if it happens, it is part of God's plan. If he wants you to keep it, he will protect it. If he wants you to lose it, he will let it get stolen.

What should i do? What do you think God tells us in a situation like this? Do you have any similar experiences? Any advice for me?

• Praying! 2

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

First, that landlord is an absolute buffoon. I considered getting a bike once (no gas money, hey), but then I read up on how common bike theft is. If they can't steal the whole thing, they take your tires. If your tires are locked, they take your seat. At the end of the day, you would need a backpack filled with around $1000 worth of locks that merely slow down theft, and do not prevent it. It's all a massive hassle, that such vehicles are stolen so easily and so frequently. I can get what the ones are saying when it comes to listening to the landlord, but I normally regard a fool as a fool.

I am guessing by the use of "illegally," that you do not either have a license or insurance. 

If you lack a driver's license, I would follow the landlord's directions (moronic as they are) until you can remedy that absence. Then you can hopefully save up enough to purchase a used vehicle, as they are cheaper. It sucks, but those mopeds are on your landlord's hands for being that dumb, seriously.

If you don't have insurance, you can always shop around for the cheapest option. It helps if you don't take full coverage and just take Liability coverage instead; it's insurance all the same.

At the very least, I might recommend free-standing locks for the moped. Maybe put boots on the wheels. You can always install a tracker as well, so if it gets stolen, you can simply point the police in the right direction.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Can you keep it in your apartment? :39:

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/15/2019 at 1:51 PM, missmuffet said:

Can you keep it in your apartment? :39:

wonder why this didnt tell me you replied... well, no. Surely, if they dont want me simply putting it on dirt or concrete outside, then they dont want me bringing it on their carpets and tile floors and such. But... i did bring it in that night anyways until i at least got something. i am still stupidly paranoid about it now, i got a chain, i still want to get more security for it, but i chained it in front of our front door to a metal pole that holds up the cover over the door. But the chain alone is a common defense that good thieves know how to get out of the way easily. But at least it is something... i could still bring it in, but that would be an annoying struggle each day and even a risk of them kicking us out i think... so i am trying to tell myself it is in God's, but some people say that isn't how God works, some say it is. It's confusing what to believe in these situations to me. 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,206
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

7 hours ago, Xethea said:

wonder why this didnt tell me you replied... well, no. Surely, if they dont want me simply putting it on dirt or concrete outside, then they dont want me bringing it on their carpets and tile floors and such. But... i did bring it in that night anyways until i at least got something. i am still stupidly paranoid about it now, i got a chain, i still want to get more security for it, but i chained it in front of our front door to a metal pole that holds up the cover over the door. But the chain alone is a common defense that good thieves know how to get out of the way easily. But at least it is something... i could still bring it in, but that would be an annoying struggle each day and even a risk of them kicking us out i think... so i am trying to tell myself it is in God's, but some people say that isn't how God works, some say it is. It's confusing what to believe in these situations to me. 

Do you have any nearby nice neighbor who would let you secure and hide the bike in his or her backyard, etc?   Do you have anyone from your church who lives nearby that would allow you to do this?

In the meantime I would bring the bike inside....you can make sure to cover the area with plastic to keep the floor clean.   If your landlord then tells you not to do that, then that's out.   But as long as he doesn't say anything and you keep the floor protected from dirt....of course, I know it's a hassle but it would be safe.

• Thumbs Up 3

12 hours ago, Debp said:

Do you have any nearby nice neighbor who would let you secure and hide the bike in his or her backyard, etc?   Do you have anyone from your church who lives nearby that would allow you to do this?

In the meantime I would bring the bike inside....you can make sure to cover the area with plastic to keep the floor clean.   If your landlord then tells you not to do that, then that's out.   But as long as he doesn't say anything and you keep the floor protected from dirt....of course, I know it's a hassle but it would be safe.

They told us yesterday that it is a rule for fire safety that such things must be 10 feet away from and out of the apartments. so it cant go inside.

The chapel we go to, we dont know them well, not enough to really take a risk of trusting them. My family hates me, so no, they wont let me. They already don't want me around them and cursed at me on Christmas, since then they don't want anything to do with me. My grandmother would let me if it was her old house, but now her daughter is taking care of her a little bit, so its not her property, and her daughter's husband hates me and got upset before about the moped there, so that is out of question. Any friends who i would trust live too far away. I intend mainly to use this for work anyways. So no... no one is around. Anyone at the least also lives in apartments.

Now, we have just chained it to a light pole, waiting to see if they complain again. I cannot believe apartments run by government dont prepare for this stuff or care. Right now, all there is just a bike chain saying level 4 security. But i know i need to get more things like an alarm and disk lock. still, i can try to either break the rules, keep thinking of crazy ideas, or just accept leaving it wide open and hope God will keep thieves away.

• Praying! 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,206
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Yes, you should get the alarm....a nice loud one!   Hope it all works out for you soon.

• Thumbs Up 2

33 minutes ago, Debp said:

Yes, you should get the alarm....a nice loud one!   Hope it all works out for you soon.

Thank you.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,413
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

I suggest it is an error to call the the Landlord  a buffoon. 

There is serious liability against the property owner if they violate city, county, and state ordinances. Those ordinances plus insurance company  provisions are there for the common good of all the property's occupants.  They are also written  based upon real  and adverse incidents that cost landlords real money and endangered or harmed real people.

All vehicles on an apartment property are going to have to be licensed and registered and insured. No vehicle can be  worked on  at an apartment property- no changing oil, etc. No blocking common passage ways, interior or exterior halls and walkways. Fuels in mopeds are explosive and can cause violent consequence a to a fireman responding to any fire in the apartments.

Plus all tenants are entitled to quiet enjoyment of their own premises.They do not want to have to see "stuff" littering the pastural areas of the apartments.

That  a moped is difficult to secure is not the landlord's problem! Nor should it become one for them. Motorcycles, mopeds, go carts, whatever, may be prohibited altogether for the very reason that  owners may have tendency to violate the codes that the property owner is responsible for keeping.

Rather than people slamming the landlord it might be rethought and then  thanks to God  that they have already been generous  to the moped owner , - at some risk to themselves.

Sorry for the economic plight, but the moped issue is not of the landlord's making. Keep violating the landlord's needs and th elandlord will be compelled fo rtheir sake to not renew a lease or may even be forced into placing an eviction order upon  the occupants of an apartment that does not comply  with th erules and ordinances, doing so for the common good of all tenants and  because insurnce company and fire marshall inspectors will insist upon it.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,413
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

p.s. At Florida we had to compel all tenants to use their air conditioning and not leave windows open, for the common good of all.  One unfortunately just couldn't afford to pay  her electric bill if she did that . And yes we had to part company, we could not sustain the financial loss nor the liability for the health of tenants because of mold forming at the  apartment. As leaving windows open allowed for mold build up, a very expensive fix for a landlord to undertake. It can quickly affect adversely all units adjacent to the open windowed apartment.

One's poverty is an extremely  hard thing to withstand, but again it is not the landlord's fault. 

As a observation-The poor here seem to live very well, getting Sec 8 housing,  money for each kid they have bred, food money. They seem to have cars, even new cars, that working people just can't afford to buy. They do get mainstreamed into  nice portions of the community- unfortunately even if they are  "nice" they bring their friends who are not so nice, and they just don't care, nor do they care for the property they occupy, and the neighborhood suffers from it. The police storm the one in my own neighborhood with guns drawn multiple times a year. Right now three of the occupants have just been arrested,  a mom and two daughters, for shoplifting again. The sons having gone on to bigger crimes. Yet they all seem to get back out on the street in short order and just trash  where they reside, the owners being absentee landlords just take the government check and  don't care the consequence to the neighborhood. It is hard hard to be giving. I did that,  bought them  a Christmas one year. Had my house broken into as my reward on earth. Ha, hey that is life. I do pray for them, but I do have to get an eye out too for my own protection.

There are honorable poor, I've been there, been very poor at times, but forcing a landlord to suffer because of the poverty  of an occupant presumes much upon the owner that is unreasonable.

What does God want of the very poor? I do not know what His plan is for any other person poor nor affluent. I only know that I have literally gleaned the farmer's fields and worked endless hours and risked my own meager portions to build up to where I do have some small security today, but I  have it with the knowledge it can be gone in an instant and that the only security is eternal  -Life eternal with Jesus my Lord and savior, all else is temporal amongst the thistles at best.