turtletwo

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

What should the Christian's stance on this be?

What should we do if a loved one is contemplating it?

How does the Lord look upon it?

There are obviously no direct  scriptures about it so this is a case of using our common sense mixed with scriptural perspective. 

I have my own belief about it but am interested to hear my brothers and sisters comments.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

30 minutes ago, turtletwo said:

There are obviously no direct  scriptures about it so this is a case of using our common sense mixed with scriptural perspective. 

I have my own belief about it but am interested to hear my brothers and sisters comments.

First of all the Christian must take it to God. Then ask yourself...why am I doing it? Is it for vanity? Is it for a medical reason? There can be complications as well.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Many people have been burned badly, have cleft pallets or other birth defects, and are in bad need of plastic surgery.    It would be very hard to find shoes to fit a person with several extra toes.

Some are dissatisfied with their appearance and do it for vanity.  It is certainly not worth the risks of having a face lift or a nose job for sake of vanity.

Once in a while their appearance is so askew that people stare at them;  perhaps it would be merciful to have limited plastic surgery.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, turtletwo said:

Shalom turtle,

Interesting question. I have a fairly immovable opinion on this matter: No, it shouldn't be done.

The very fact of trying to "improve" on God's creation with man's butchering skills is not right.  After all, we are all made in the image of God - who are we to say "yes, yes, but I want this part smaller and that part bigger".

As for those who have been in accidents and have surgery to get some sense of normalcy - this is a different matter and each case has it's own reasons.  But for the sake of vanity or "little improvements"? No, it shouldn't be done.  Yes, it's not ruled out specifically in Scripture but then again, do we really need to be told absolutely everything in detail?     

Consider it this way -  You see me pluck a pretty rose. Yes, it's not a perfect specimen - it's lost a petal here and there - but still it's beautiful and unique.  I take it back home to my lab and paint over it with a vibrant red. I add some plastic petals among the real ones and use wires to spread the petals out all evenly.  From there, I remove some real petals to have the rose look even and paint in some darker shadows to make the red pop more. Finally I add it to collection of other roses which have all undergone the same treatment and is quickly lost among them.  Isn't that Rose now tainted? Hasn't it lost the innocence of its beauty?  Wasn't its imperfections natural and what made it unique?  

I know that might seemed like a closed minded opinion but, at the end of the day, such a surgery takes place to either please yourself, please potential partners, or please potential employers - but never to please God.  Rather, it's defacing His work in a poor attempt to become like someone else or appear "without blemish". 

Hah, when I read this back through it sounds like I'm really angry about it! I'm really not, but I just think it's a real shame when it happens for vanity sake.

Love & Shalom

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,413
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

10 hours ago, turtletwo said:

Doesn't matter a wit, a jot, nor a title. It's a non issue, don't make it one.

No stance is needed, nothing is to be done about it. What has the Lord to do with it? It's all going to burn away anyway.

I'd love to have personal body augmentation, but hey at 75 who, even me, would care about the end result? Ha!

I'm still considering having the "holy dingle dongle", the cool grafted in  symbol that  I am now using as an avatar tattooed on  me; but ya know most of me is sagging  or losing the vibrant viral look anyway. The whole tattoo would be kinda crinkly.

Hey if a tuck or reconstruct helps one  get past  focusing on something besides a body  issue, that's great! Go , get all perfected up and then see  one still has need of God in all of life anyway, and get down to facing Jesus is Lord God and personal savior.

Now if I could just have more hair on my head for my God to have to count, that would be really nice. Oh well, the body it never was what I remember it as having been anyway.

Ha, I just got to thinking about "improving on what God has made" as an issue and remembered the quilting  of a particular American cultish group of believers in God deliberately putting errors into their work, because only God is perfect.

Wow they thought so hard they thought they had to create imperfection - Must have thought their work to otherwise be perfect eh?  Seems quaint at first thought, then extremely arrogant upon second thinking on it.  To think -I do work so good as to be perfect unless I deliberately make a flaw in it so as to show  that only God is perfect.  Ha  as though life's fault finders, those delightful many, could not otherwise find an errant stitch,  color, shape, or  pattern.

Maybe a tattoo where it doesn't always show. Maybe I  well maybe I could - The grafted in symbol  in gold color, real gold, I have thought about it and shared of it before. But nah, too old to be bold anymore. Wonder though would gold fade like so many nasty blurry tattoos seem to do? Maybe with a tummy tuck, heck a crane lift worth of lift and then, well no forget it.

I did see a tattoo with a body in it yesterday, a  nice lady of the lawyer's office staff, must have invested every other paycheck for years to get so decored up. She  was kind of like a five and a half foot tall living decorative vase and flowers. Bet she could disappear in heavily wallpapered rooms.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

6 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Ha, I just got to thinking about "improving on what God has made" as an issue and remembered the quilting  of a particular American cultish group of believers in God deliberately putting errors into their work, because only God is perfect.

Maybe they just want to make it the way it used to be.   Not make it better than God did, but just to restore it to what it was...  LoL

Could be.

How does one force humility? Self defeating effort I would think.

Humble is as humble does?

I once thought I might be humble; but a corrector of persons told me that no I was just socially unconscious.

I thanked them and saluted.

11 hours ago, maryjayne said:

Do you mean purely for vanity? some plastic surgery is for restoring damaged faces, or bodies, isnt it.

There is example of a most intracate and beautiful piece of art, a detailed full top  body tattoo of a garment on a woman whose breasts were removed due to cancer. The terribly hard to  endure scars are covered over,  the  full top "outfit" beautiful, and the woman  a testimony of survival and spirit.

Praise God for the surgeon that saved her and for the artist that  "painted " her. She is encouragement  thanks to God for encouragement.