IGNORED

Yeshua's identity as "HaHar Gadol" (The Great Mountain)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  625
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  694
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

YESHUA;  THE GREAT MOUNTAIN

We know the different titles of Yeshua, like “The Bread of Life,” “The Light of the World,” “The Living Water,” “The Good Shepherd,” and many more, but have you heard of “Yeshua, the Great Mountain?”  This is a title that is not well known, yet it is a title.  It comes from the book of Zechariah; 

“Who are you? A Great Mountain before Zerubbabel?  A plain, and He shall bring forth the Top Stone with shoutings of grace, grace unto it (him).   (Zechariah 4:7)

The question; “who are you?” indicates that it IS a person that the mountain refers to.  We can see some symbolism in the original Hebrew; “Mi atah HaHar HaGadol?”  In this verse, we can find the letters YHVH.

If we look at the “Sod” understanding of “HaHar, HaGadol” (A Great Mountain) using gematria, the two words sum “703.” One way we can look at this number is; “The Perfect, Eternal, Elohim.” 

Two other words which can point to Mashiach are “plain” (mishor) and “Top Stone’ (Aven).  While a mountain is “very high” or “tall”, a plain, on the other hand, is lower than a mountain and flat.  Yeshua was with the Father in Heaven, yet he left his place “On High” to come “down” to earth to dwell among men.  Serve, heal, teach, and finally, die for our sins.  The Hebrew word “mishor” comes from “Yashar” which means “straight” or “blameless” Yeshua was “straight and blameless” Hitting the mark, fulfilling all the Torah and the Prophets.  The word; “Yashar” is part of the word “Yisrael” it means “Yashar-El” (Straight to God). 

The “Top Stone” is the most important stone, “Stone” in Hebrew is “Aven” which is the combination of “Av” (Father) and “Ben” (Son).  And who is the “he” that brings forth the “Top Stone?” Could it be the Father who brings forth the Son? And the Son is full of “Chen” (grace).  The word “Grace” is mentioned twice.  The word “it” can also be translated “him” There are two types of “grace;” Saving grace and Covenant grace.  By grace, we are saved, and through the renewed covenant, we “grow” in grace and faith.

Another verse that can support this is Isaiah 52:13;  “He shall be lifted up and be very high”  What on earth is higher than a mountain?  Yeshua died for our sins, was buried and then, “lifted up” resurrected and now is “on high.” He came from being “on high” to come down and be a “plain” and then was lifted up and ascended unto the Father once again.  

Have a blessed day…..Rabbi Ben Avraham

Ref:  “The Return of the Kosher Pig” pgs 84-90  

• Loved it! 2
  • Brilliant! 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Bless you and keep you Rabbi for sharing your wisdom and feeding my spirit. ?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

Didn't Jesus call Simon "Petra", meaning stone or boulder, and say on this Rock, "Petros", meaning mountain of stone, I will build my Church?  That is the verse that came to mind in reference to Christ being a mountain.  

The top stone was also the cap stone of an arch and could have been what "chief corner stone" referred to, I learned in a sermon long ago.   

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  625
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  694
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

There are two words for "stone" and "rock" that are used in the Greek language,  "Petra" (Rock) and "Petros" (Stone) or "Little rock"  When Yeshua told Kefa,  "You Kefa are the rock and upon this Rock I will build my church"  The word Yeshua used for Kefa was "Petros" (Little Rock or stone) and Yeshua used the word "Petra" (ROCK) or (Solid Rock) for himself.

The catholics believe that Peter was the founder of the church because Yeshua called him the "rock" but acutally, the Church (Kahal) was founded by Yeshua himself, because Yeshua is the ROCK, hey, but nothing wrong with being a stone, as long as the stone is following the ROCK! 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,570
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 3/13/2019 at 9:57 PM, Jacob Ben Avraham said:

YESHUA;  THE GREAT MOUNTAIN

We know the different titles of Yeshua, like “The Bread of Life,” “The Light of the World,” “The Living Water,” “The Good Shepherd,” and many more, but have you heard of “Yeshua, the Great Mountain?”  This is a title that is not well known, yet it is a title.  It comes from the book of Zechariah; 

“Who are you? A Great Mountain before Zerubbabel?  A plain, and He shall bring forth the Top Stone with shoutings of grace, grace unto it (him).   (Zechariah 4:7)

The question; “who are you?” indicates that it IS a person that the mountain refers to.  We can see some symbolism in the original Hebrew; “Mi atah HaHar HaGadol?”  In this verse, we can find the letters YHVH.

If we look at the “Sod” understanding of “HaHar, HaGadol” (A Great Mountain) using gematria, the two words sum “703.” One way we can look at this number is; “The Perfect, Eternal, Elohim.” 

Two other words which can point to Mashiach are “plain” (mishor) and “Top Stone’ (Aven).  While a mountain is “very high” or “tall”, a plain, on the other hand, is lower than a mountain and flat.  Yeshua was with the Father in Heaven, yet he left his place “On High” to come “down” to earth to dwell among men.  Serve, heal, teach, and finally, die for our sins.  The Hebrew word “mishor” comes from “Yashar” which means “straight” or “blameless” Yeshua was “straight and blameless” Hitting the mark, fulfilling all the Torah and the Prophets.  The word; “Yashar” is part of the word “Yisrael” it means “Yashar-El” (Straight to God). 

The “Top Stone” is the most important stone, “Stone” in Hebrew is “Aven” which is the combination of “Av” (Father) and “Ben” (Son).  And who is the “he” that brings forth the “Top Stone?” Could it be the Father who brings forth the Son? And the Son is full of “Chen” (grace).  The word “Grace” is mentioned twice.  The word “it” can also be translated “him” There are two types of “grace;” Saving grace and Covenant grace.  By grace, we are saved, and through the renewed covenant, we “grow” in grace and faith.

Another verse that can support this is Isaiah 52:13;  “He shall be lifted up and be very high”  What on earth is higher than a mountain?  Yeshua died for our sins, was buried and then, “lifted up” resurrected and now is “on high.” He came from being “on high” to come down and be a “plain” and then was lifted up and ascended unto the Father once again.  

Have a blessed day…..Rabbi Ben Avraham

Ref:  “The Return of the Kosher Pig” pgs 84-90  

Shalom, Rav Ya`aqov Ben Avraham.

Actually, I believe in a LITERAL interpretation of that verse in Zkaryahuw's prophecy:

Here's the Hebrew transliterated:

Zkaryahuw 4:7 (JPS Hebrew-English Tanakh transliterated)

7 Miy attaah har haggaadowl lifneey Zrubaavel l-mishor v-howtsiy' et haa'eben haaro'shaah t-shu'owt cheen cheen laah:

7 Who [are]-you, mountain the-great? Before Zerubbavel to-a-plain and-he-shall-bring-forth (direct object follows) the-stone of-the-head with-shouts of-"Grace(favor/elegance/charm/adornment), grace to-it."

This is a COMPARISON verse, comparing the mountain to Zerubbavel will be like comparing a plain to a GREATER MOUNTAIN that receives a CAPSTONE!

I believe the "great mountain" is the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, but in the presence of the New Jerusalem, it will be nothing more than a bump in the road!

Zerubbavel was the first link in the lineages of Miryam ("Mary") and Yosef ("Joseph") after David. Zerubbavel may represent the Mashiyach Yeshua` as a common ancestor between the lines, but he also had the distinction of being the one person who first rebuilt the Temple after the Babylonian Captivity.

On 3/25/2019 at 12:34 AM, Willa said:

Didn't Jesus call Simon "Petra", meaning stone or boulder, and say on this Rock, "Petros", meaning mountain of stone, I will build my Church?  That is the verse that came to mind in reference to Christ being a mountain.  

The top stone was also the cap stone of an arch and could have been what "chief corner stone" referred to, I learned in a sermon long ago.   

Shalom, Willa.

Actually, you have the Greek words reversed. It was "petros" that was a little stone, but "petra" was the bedrock!

The key word that Yeshua` named Peter was "cephas" which was an Anglicized/Hellenized version of the Hebrew word "keefa." The word DOES mean a "stone," but it means a "HOLLOW stone." He was being called and likened to a GEODE, plain on the outside but beautiful crystals on the inside!

John 1:42 (KJV)

42 And he brought him to Jesus. And when Jesus beheld him, he said, Thou art Simon the son of Jona: thou shalt be called Cephas (Greek: kefas), which is by interpretation, A stone (Greek: petros).

From Strong's Dictionary of the Greek Language, we read,

2786 keefas (kay-fas'). Of Chaldee origin (compare keef); the Rock; Cephas (i.e. Kepha), a surname of Peter -- Cephas.

And, in its Dictionary of the Hebrew and Chaldee Language, we read,

3710 keef (kafe). From kaafaf; a hollow rock -- rock.

3721 kaafaf (kaw-faf'). A primitive root; to curve -- bow down (self).

A geode is usually filled with semi-precious gems, like amethyst, but it is certainly NOT something one could build upon! The "Petra" was Kefa's CONFESSION in Yeshua` being both the Maashiyach and the Son of the Living God. THAT was "bedrock!"

Then, we read later in Matthew:

Matthew 16:13-20 (KJV)

13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying,

"Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?"

14 And they said,

"Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets."

15 He saith unto them,

"But whom say ye that I am? 

16 And Simon Peter answered and said,

"Thou art the Christ (Greek: ho Christos = Hebrew: haMashiyach = "the Anointed One"), the Son of the living God."

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him,

"Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. 18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter (Greek: Petros), and upon this rock (Greek: petra) I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. 19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

20 Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ (Yeshua` haMashiyach or Yeshua` the Messiah).

Read below my signature for info on the CAPSTONE.

Edited by Retrobyter
to finish Willa's answer
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

1 hour ago, Betha said:

A very simple way of identifying the true Jesus (apart from all the fakes) is the fact that He is also 

'Lord of the Sabbath' yesterday, today and for ever.

This seems to have escaped christians who worship on a different day.

Yes, and praying for the lost, caring for our neighbour, being purposeful in our readiness for action, despising our lives in this world, repenting of sin, esteeming others as more important than ourselves has all been left in the tranches of uselessness because we have walked into fellowship on a Sunday. I get it, thank you.

11 hours ago, Betha said:

A very simple way of identifying the true Jesus (apart from all the fakes) is the fact that He is also 

'Lord of the Sabbath' yesterday, today and for ever.

This seems to have escaped christians who worship on a different day.

Shabbat shalom and Pesach Sameach, Betha!

You needn't worry; they shall ALL celebrate the Shabbat ultimately. If they can't see that, then they will have a learning process to go through when Mashiyach Yeshua` returns, but they MUST honor YHWH on that day!

Isaiah 66:22-23 (KJV)

22 "For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me," saith the LORD, "so shall your seed and your name remain." 

23 "And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me," saith the LORD.

10 hours ago, Zemke said:

Yes, and praying for the lost, caring for our neighbour, being purposeful in our readiness for action, despising our lives in this world, repenting of sin, esteeming others as more important than ourselves has all been left in the tranches of uselessness because we have walked into fellowship on a Sunday. I get it, thank you.

Shabbat shalom, Zemke.

These are all fine qualities that one should exhibit in reflection of Yeshua`s actions and character; however, I question your need for "despising our lives in this world." If you're talking about "despising our lives" as INFLUENCED by the world, then, sure, I can agree with you. However, if you're talking about "despising our lives" as lived "in this world" as opposed to Somewhere Else, that's nonsense. God wants us to be an influence ourselves within this world.

The truth is that we should ALL worship God (bow to our God) on EVERY DAY! However, God established the Shabbat as a day of Rest (to spend time with Him) since the beginning of Creation! That was true for Adam and Chavah ("Eve") and is thus passed on to ALL men and women through the ages, and not just to the children of Israel! While it was rehearsed as one of the Ten Commandments in the Instruction given by God through Moses to the children of Israel, this was NOT the first time this command was given:

Genesis 2:1-3 (KJV)

1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. 2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. 3 And God blessed the seventh day, and (God) sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Therefore, the Shabbat was blessed and sanctified right after Adam was created, and the Shabbat was passed on to all men and women through Noach ("Noah") and his family.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

3 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shabbat shalom, Zemke.

These are all fine qualities that one should exhibit in reflection of Yeshua`s actions and character; however, I question your need for "despising our lives in this world." If you're talking about "despising our lives" as INFLUENCED by the world, then, sure, I can agree with you. However, if you're talking about "despising our lives" as lived "in this world" as opposed to Somewhere Else, that's nonsense. God wants us to be an influence ourselves within this world.

The truth is that we should ALL worship God (bow to our God) on EVERY DAY! However, God established the Shabbat as a day of Rest (to spend time with Him) since the beginning of Creation! That was true for Adam and Chavah ("Eve") and is thus passed on to ALL men and women through the ages, and not just to the children of Israel! While it was rehearsed as one of the Ten Commandments in the Instruction given by God through Moses to the children of Israel, this was NOT the first time this command was given:

Genesis 2:1-3 (KJV)

1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. 2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. 3 And God blessed the seventh day, and (God) sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Therefore, the Shabbat was blessed and sanctified right after Adam was created, and the Shabbat was passed on to all men and women through Noach ("Noah") and his family.

Hi, how you doing there,

Zebulun was a people that despised their lives even unto death, and Naphtali also, on the high places of the field. Judges 5:18 

This was the area where Jesus spent most of His ministry and chose His disciples from, His base of operation so to speak. Zebulun and Naphtali, Galilee of the Gentiles. From Nazareth Mt. Tabor is seen in the distance about a days walk where Barak and Debra mounted their campaign for the battle and Naphtali and Zebulun came when called but others stayed on the side. 

Now when He heard John had been taken into custody, He withdrew into Galilee; and leaving Nazareth, He came and settled in Capernaum, which is by the sea, in the region of Zebulun and Naphtali. Matth. 4:12,13

It was His home turf. 

Despising our lives in this world is another way of saying "Love not the world or the things of this world" or "Friendship with the world is enmity toward God" or "For whoever wishes to save his life shall lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake shall find it." These statements may have different contexts but have a theological connection.  A constant theme in the teachings of Jesus and a reputation biblically of the people He chose to dwell among. 

And by the world, I don't mean earth. But this present age, as in, "This world is still in the hands of the wicked." 1John 5

Edited by Zemke
  • This is Worthy 1