The Hebrews Roots Movement

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  344
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

From my understanding the Mosaic Law was given to the Israelites so they could bring it to the world, which they did. Many of the Mosaic Laws were adopted in various places around the world where the Jews were scattered. They took their Law with them and even got Gentiles to adopt and apply it to their cultures.

Can you imagine having to be told that 'you should not kill!'. Jesus was 'Jewish', more a Judean; He did not come to abolish the Law but to fulfill it, which He did. People must remember that the Kingdom of God- where Christ is KING, is not of this world. It is not about flesh and blood Jews or Gentiles. Israel is spiritual Israel. There are no Jews or Gentiles, no blacks or Whites, no rich or poor.

Did not Paul tell some of the disciples that they should not burden the Gentiles with Jewish religious customs. If the customs were so important to the journey, Jesus would have told us to follow the customs of the Jews, right? Of course, new Christians must leave behind the old man and all his pagan beliefs and customs and give rise to the new man who is in Christ Jesus.

There is a physical Israel and there is also a spiritual and the physical Israel will enter into the spiritual Israel when they convert and accept Christ Jesus as their Lord and Saviour.

Remember also that Christians are no longer under the penalty of the Mosaic Law, which is essentially a Law given by the disposition of Angels.

A Law that is impossible for Humans to obey. Everyone who is under the Law, which is the whole world will die, because the Laws cannot be fulfilled by Humans. No one goes to Heaven, except those who have found favor with God.

Jesus came and made it possible to go to Heaven and not be condemned because of the Law. He freed us from the penalty of sin, which is death.

To follow Christ Jesus is to worship Him in spirit and in truth. Israel is spiritual and physical Israel must accept Christ. Are they not prophesied to embrace the Anti-Christ who brings them peace and then after a time, breaks the deal and attacks Israel? The ones who are saved, the remnant will become followers of Christ.. the True KING of Israel, spiritual Israel, In the Kingdom of God, which begins its millennial rule at the end of this age. This physical world will dissolve, not by water, but by fire... and the things of matter, even the children of the Earth, will exist no more. For in the Kingdom, we have become like Angels, not flesh and blood creatures. M.

• Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1

1 hour ago, pinacled said:

But some men came down from Y’hudah to Antioch and began teaching the brothers, “You can’t be saved unless you undergo b’rit-milahin the manner prescribed by Moshe.” This brought them into no small measure of discord and dispute with Sha’ul and Bar-Nabba. So the congregation assigned Sha’ul, Bar-Nabba and some of themselves to go and put this sh’eilah before the emissaries and the elders up in Yerushalayim.

After being sent off by the congregation, they made their way through Phoenicia and Shomron, recounting in detail how the Gentiles had turned to God; and this news brought great joy to all the brothers.

On arrival in Yerushalayim, they were welcomed by the Messianic community, including the emissaries and the elders; and they reported what God had done through them. But some of those who had come to trust were from the party of the P’rushim; and they stood up and said, “It is necessary to circumcise them and direct them to observe the Torah of Moshe.”

The emissaries and the elders met to look into this matter. After lengthy debate, Kefa got up and said to them, “Brothers, you yourselves know that a good while back, God chose me from among you to be the one by whose mouth the Goyimshould hear the message of the Good News and come to trust. And God, who knows the heart, bore them witness by giving the Ruach HaKodesh to them, just as he did to us; that is, he made no distinction between us and them, but cleansed their heart by trust. 10 So why are you putting God to the test now by placing a yoke on the neck of the talmidim which neither our fathers nor we have had the strength to bear? 11 No, it is through the love and kindness of the Lord Yeshua that we trust and are delivered — and it’s the same with them.”

12 Then the whole assembly kept still as they listened to Bar-Nabba and Sha’ul tell what signs and miracles God had done through them among the Gentiles. 13 Ya‘akov broke the silence to reply. “Brothers,” he said, “hear what I have to say. 14 Shim‘on has told in detail what God did when he first began to show his concern for taking from among the Goyim a people to bear his name. 15 And the words of the Prophets are in complete harmony with this for it is written,

16 ‘“After this, I will return;
and I will rebuild the fallen tent of David.
I will rebuild its ruins,
I will restore it,
17 so that the rest of mankind may seek the Lord,
that is, all the Goyim who have been called by my name,”
18 says Adonai, who is doing these things.’
[a]

All this has been known for ages.

19 “Therefore, my opinion is that we should not put obstacles in the way of the Goyim who are turning to God. 20

Instead, we should write them a letter telling them to abstain from things polluted by idols, from fornication, from what is strangled and from blood.

21 For from the earliest times, Moshe has had in every city those who proclaim him, with his words being read in the synagogues every Shabbat.”

devarim(deuteronomy 18

Adonai will raise up for you a prophet like me from among yourselves, from your own kinsmen. You are to pay attention to him, 16 just as when you were assembled at Horev and requested Adonai your God, ‘Don’t let me hear the voice of Adonai my God any more, or let me see this great fire ever again; if I do, I will die!’ 17 On that occasion Adonai said to me,

‘They are right in what they are saying. 

1I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their kinsmen. I will put my words in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I order him. 19 Whoever doesn’t listen to my words, which he will speak in my name, will have to account for himself to me.

like I've said before. The term mosaic law is misleading. Even as false teachers use the term to cause division. All the leaven of malice is being removed from amongst the congregations.

I have a question and it is very important to know what you think or what the answer is.

In the Scriptures, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is referred to by several names. Just as in your post here we have the name Adonai, which actually means kingship. There is also the name Elohim, which means Jealousy. There is the name Yahweh, which means lordship, and the name Sabaoth, which means Deity. All these names are found in Scripture.

My questions is: are these names- Adonai, Elohim, Yahweh, different names for the God of Abraham, or are these names the names of  individual entities?

Can you provide an answer; it would be much appreciated. Thx, M.

• Thanks 1

On 4/5/2019 at 1:40 PM, pinacled said:

I personally prefer not to take the Lords name in vain.

The subject matter in which you are asking to discuss is not a topic to be taken so cavalierly.

Those that are washed in the Name of the Father, Son, and Ruach hakodesh know who their savior is.

Blessings Always.

I mean no disrespect. The names are found in Scripture and I am a seeker and I just thought I would get an answer.

I also am washed in the blood of the Lamb and received a seal on my forehead from a bolt of white lightning which came from beyond the clouds not too long ago.

The Prophet Elijah has appeared to me and told me he knows my name. I saw him descending in light from the clouds.

My Father is the Son of Man- who is the Father of Spirits, together with His WORD- the KING of kings and LORD of lords.

There is great deception coming, even already here, as well as great revelation... and some of the children actually get to see their Father and even their enemies.

I will tell you this: there is the Human Spirit, who is a son of the Living Father. Human Spirits are like Angels, they are HUGE. Imagine yourself tens stories tall, dressed in fine white garments and made of glorious Light. That is what Humans are destined to become, some of us. Those who will judge with Christ when He imprisons and destroys the Fallen ones... the 'gods'.

Look up in the skies... the gods are coming!!!

I also think that names are important, at least they are important to me; they also reveal identity. Christ is LORD and KING. M.

Edited by Marlene S
  • Loved it! 1

On 4/5/2019 at 11:42 PM, pinacled said:

The prince of power of air is nothing more than a leaven to bread..

Like yeast to strong drink there is no place for that sort at the Lords Table 

Courage is a commodity these days.

Blessings Always.

The foods of this world do not nourish the Soul or spirit, yet they continue to be eaten.

We also have bread at the table, except we do not know who we really serve, or whether or not the table is clean and acceptable.

Perhaps it is not so much courage, although I do agree, but boldness.

For those of us who seek and find, there is something that is so hidden, that even if it is found, it cannot be revealed. What are we to do? I think we will wait for the appearance of the Two Witnesses. They will have the power to speak this truth.

M

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  208
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

Does any member on these forums know of Hebrew Roots Movement groups that meet the following criteria?

1) Accepts Yeshua Messiah/Christ.

2) Obeys the Law of Moses.

3) Does all of the Feast Days.  

4) Place equal value on Hebrew Scriptures/Old Testament and New Testament Scriptures.

5) Views Paul's Writings as being Inspired of Elohim.

Genesis 14:13 Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

13 And one who is escaping cometh and declareth to Abram the Hebrew, and he is dwelling among the oaks of Mamre the Amorite, brother of Eshcol, and brother of Aner, and they [are] Abram's allies.

Edited by Elihoenai
  • Loved it! 1

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  268
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  02/25/2004

On 3/23/2019 at 4:31 PM, angels4u said:

Firstly, I love you all and have been finding some great points on both sides in this thread. It has given me much food for thought and I love that. Thank you all on both sides (if there are sides to choose) for your well thought out responses.

As for my congregation, I want to point out by highlighting in yellow, things that are not necessarily true or that I have no knowledge whether it is true or not; and in red those things that are definitely not true from the early response from www.gotquestions.org that is a great resource. Again, as far as my congregation is concerned and to the best of my own understanding, these are my responses.

Answer: The premise of the Hebrew Roots movement is the belief that the Church has veered far from the true teachings and Hebrew concepts of the Bible. The movement maintains that Christianity has been indoctrinated with the culture and beliefs of Greek and Roman philosophy and that ultimately biblical Christianity, taught in churches today, has been corrupted with a pagan imitation of the New Testament gospels.

Those of the Hebrew Roots belief hold to the teaching that Christ's death on the cross did not end the Mosaic Covenant, but instead renewed it, expanded its message, and wrote it on the hearts of His true followers. They teach that the understanding of the New Testament can only come from a Hebrew perspective and that the teachings of the Apostle Paul are not understood clearly or taught correctly by Christian pastors today. Many affirm the existence of an original Hebrew-language New Testament and, in some cases, denigrate the existing New Testament text written in Greek. This becomes a subtle attack on the reliability of the text of our Bible. If the Greek text is unreliable and has been corrupted, as is charged by some, the Church no longer has a standard of truth.

Although there are many different and diverse Hebrew Roots assemblies with variations in their teachings, they all adhere to a common emphasis on recovering the "original" Jewishness of Christianity. Their assumption is that the Church has lost its Jewish roots and is unaware that Jesus and His disciples were Jews living in obedience to the Torah. For the most part, those involved advocate the need for every believer to walk a Torah-observant life. This means that the ordinances of the Mosaic Covenant must be a central focus in the lifestyle of believers today as it was with the Old Testament Jews of Israel. Keeping the Torah includes keeping the Sabbath on the seventh day of the week (Saturday), celebrating the Jewish feasts and festivals, keeping the dietary laws, avoiding the "paganism" of Christianity (Christmas, Easter, etc.), and learning to understand the Scriptures from a Hebrew mindset. They teach that Gentile Christians have been grafted into Israel, and this is one reason every born-again believer in Jesus the Messiah is to participate in these observances. It is expressed that doing this is not required out of legalistic bondage, but out of a heart of love and obedience. However, they teach that to live a life that pleases God, this Torah-observant walk must be part of that life.

The Hebrew Roots assemblies are often made up of a majority of Gentiles, including Gentile rabbis. Usually they prefer to be identified as "Messianic Christians." Many have come to the conclusion that God has "called" them to be Jewish and have accepted the theological position that the Torah (Old Testament law) is equally binding on Gentiles and Jews alike. They often wear articles of traditional Jewish clothing, practice Davidic dancing, and incorporate Hebrew names and phrases into their writing and conversations. Most reject the use of the name "Jesus" in favor of Yeshua or YHWH, claiming that these are the "true" names that God desires for Himself. In most cases, they elevate the Torah as the foundational teaching for the Church, which brings about the demotion of the New Testament, causing it to become secondary in importance and only to be understood in light of the Old Testament. The idea that the New Testament is faulty and relevant only in light of the Old Testament has also brought the doctrine of the Trinity under attack by many advocates of the Hebrew Roots beliefs.

Edited by NickyLouse
  • Thanks 1

On 4/19/2019 at 4:46 PM, Elihoenai said:

Does any member on these forums know of Hebrew Roots Movement groups that meet the following criteria?

1) Accepts Yeshua Messiah/Christ.

2) Obeys the Law of Moses.

3) Does all of the Feast Days.  

4) Place equal value on Hebrew Scriptures/Old Testament and New Testament Scriptures.

5) Views Paul's Writings as being Inspired of Elohim.

Genesis 14:13 Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

13 And one who is escaping cometh and declareth to Abram the Hebrew, and he is dwelling among the oaks of Mamre the Amorite, brother of Eshcol, and brother of Aner, and they [are] Abram's allies.

With the exception of the word "obeys" in number 2, our congregation agrees with all of that. Shema is misunderstood to mean "obey" when it really means to listen and give careful consideration. Of course, once a thought is given careful consideration and there is no real chance of misunderstanding, then we would naturally follow to the best of our ability.

• Loved it! 1

On 4/5/2019 at 9:04 AM, Marlene S said:

I have a question and it is very important to know what you think or what the answer is.

In the Scriptures, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is referred to by several names. Just as in your post here we have the name Adonai, which actually means kingship. There is also the name Elohim, which means Jealousy. There is the name Yahweh, which means lordship, and the name Sabaoth, which means Deity. All these names are found in Scripture.

My questions is: are these names- Adonai, Elohim, Yahweh, different names for the God of Abraham, or are these names the names of  individual entities?

Can you provide an answer; it would be much appreciated. Thx, M.

https://hebrew4christians.com/Names_of_G-d/Adonai/adonai.html has a thorough explanation of "Adonai". I would copy and paste, but their site does not allow it. You can also find the other names you inquired about.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, NickyLouse said:

https://hebrew4christians.com/Names_of_G-d/Adonai/adonai.html has a thorough explanation of "Adonai". I would copy and paste, but their site does not allow it. You can also find the other names you inquired about.

Thanks for the info. M.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  208
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

7 hours ago, NickyLouse said:

With the exception of the word "obeys" in number 2, our congregation agrees with all of that. Shema is misunderstood to mean "obey" when it really means to listen and give careful consideration. Of course, once a thought is given careful consideration and there is no real chance of misunderstanding, then we would naturally follow to the best of our ability.

We are using the word "Obey" to mean, do, keep, perform and practice. Are you doing/performing all the Law of Moses? If yes, you would be the first person that I have heard declare such a thing. Even Jews according to the flesh, confess that they are not able to practice all the Laws of Moses.

When you say your congregation agrees with all that, does that mean you practice the things listed? If it is not secret, what congregation are you a member of?

Leviticus 18:3-4 King James Version (KJV)

3 After the doings of the land of Egypt, wherein ye dwelt, shall ye not do: and after the doings of the land of Canaan, whither I bring you, shall ye not do: neither shall ye walk in their ordinances.

4 Ye shall do my judgments, and keep mine ordinances, to walk therein: I am the Lord your God.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1