• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

On 6/5/2019 at 8:32 AM, Elihoenai said:

11 I will also cause all her mirth to cease, her feast days, her new moons, and her sabbaths, and all her solemn feasts.

Don't you think you are quoting this out of context? 

This should not be used as a verse against passover observance. 

Edited by Tzephanyahu
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  208
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

22 hours ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Don't you think you are quoting this out of context? 

This should not be used as a verse against passover observance. 

There is a possibility that your mind has been blinded and, thereby, a vail/veil is over the Scriptures.

The Law of Elohim is Perfect!

Psalm 1:1-2 King James Version (KJV)

1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, Elihoenai said:

There is a possibility that your mind has been blinded and, thereby, a vail/veil is over the Scriptures.

The Law of Elohim is Perfect!

Oh dear, how disappointing. I don't think I'll engage with you further on this matter.

You still have much to learn. But there's not point continuing with one who accuses a corrector of being blind. 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  208
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

7 minutes ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Oh dear, how disappointing. I don't think I'll engage with you further on this matter.

You still have much to learn. But there's not point continuing with one who accuses a corrector of being blind. 

2 Corinthians 3:14-16 King James Version (KJV)

14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.

16 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

7 minutes ago, Tampered With said:

All of the 1st Century Jerusalem Church Leaders and the vast majority of believers in Yeshua were Jews. Few if any Christian denominations teach this today and the deep Jewish roots of the Christian Faith. It was Paul that first introduced the faith in Yeshua to non-Jews. Even today there is a deep Anti-Semitism within some branches of Christendom which I myself have faced.   

Yes . almost all the early leaders were jews .  NO doubt about it .     And pual being a jew ,  always pointed to Christ and not the jew .     Just wanted to remind us of this .

Paul cut those leaders off .    We don't need a Hebrews roots movement ,   WE NEED A LETS HONOR CHRIST ABOVE ALL MOVEMENT

But you are spot on right .    Almost all the early leaders were jews .

Let all point to CHRIST .  For the flesh profits nothing .   It don't matter if I am jewish born ,   If I know not Christ , follow honor and believe IN HIM ,

May as well kiss it all goodbye .        Isnt pointing to CHRIST alone a pure gem of joy .      SO put those hands up and praise the LORD .

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

@Tampered With :) Welcome to Worthy!Thanks for your two posts. You are so right about Anti-Semitism in the churches. I have seen it, too. Replacement Theology has crept in. Have the following scriptures escaped their notice?

"And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed. (Genesis 12:3)

"For thus saith the LORD of hosts; After the glory hath he sent me unto the nations which spoiled you: for he that toucheth you toucheth the apple of his eye." (Zechariah 2:8)

There are tons of factions and heresies within the 'regular' churches. No denomination is perfect. But we don't cast dispersions on them ALL...Even so, there are true and false Messianic Jewish congregations.

Yes, there are problems with the HRM. But is it right to 'throw out the baby with the bath water?' We should appreciate (not attack) our Messianic Jewish brothers and sisters. There is much we could learn from the way they tie the OT together with the New. 

Also, not all these brethren affiliate themselves with the  Hebrew Roots Movement. Those here who are not really familiar with this personally would be better off not commenting. It isn't fair and amounts to slander.

I am the op of this post, btw. It has gone way off topic. It needs to be put back on course. I was simply seeking to trace the history of the Hebrews Roots Movement because I couldn't find much on it online. It was a simple matter of interest...not meant to become an expose or unfair criticism by those who know little on the subject.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

6 hours ago, turtletwo said:

I know what you mean but the Messianic Jews I know do honor Christ. Going back to the Hebrew language and culture is beneficial. It gives deeper and richer meaning. 

You are loved my dear sister .    You are right .     What I meant was those who would point to the jew and not to CHRIST .  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

7 hours ago, turtletwo said:

I know what you mean but the Messianic Jews I know do honor Christ. Going back to the Hebrew language and culture is beneficial. It gives deeper and richer meaning. 

Who had the greatest (known) knowledge of Hebrew language and culture ?    

Philippians 3:1-7 King James Version (KJV)

3 Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you, to me indeed is not grievous, but for you it is safe.

2 Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision.

3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

4 Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:

5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;

6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church;

touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.

7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
King James Version (KJV)

Public Domain

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

:th_wave: Hi Jeff. When a word needs further defining I sometimes need to use a dictionary. Or a Strong's Bible Concordance. Likewise, I believe that going back to the original language can be a Bible study aid. For it was not written originally in English and some of the transferring into it can be enhanced by deeper word studies. Thanks for listening to my explanation, brother.:)God bless.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1