IGNORED

The one taken and the one left, who shall be saved ?

R. Hartono

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  494
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/2/2019 at 11:22 AM, JoeCanada said:

Hi all,

Scripture tells us how long the Day of the Lord is. 

But first, let's look at what the Day of the Lord is:

Zephaniah 1:14-18

Near is the great day of the LORD, Near and coming very quickly; Listen, the day of the LORD! In it the warrior cries out bitterly. A day of wrath is that day, A day of trouble and distress, A day of destruction and desolation, A day of darkness and gloom, A day of clouds and thick darkness, A day of trumpet and battle cry Against the fortified cities And the high corner towers

Isaiah 13:9-11
Behold, the day of the LORD is coming, Cruel, with fury and burning anger, To make the land a desolation; And He will exterminate its sinners from it. For the stars of heaven and their constellations Will not flash forth their light; The sun will be dark when it rises And the moon will not shed its light. Thus I will punish the world for its evil And the wicked for their iniquity; I will also put an end to the arrogance of the proud And abase the haughtiness of the ruthless.

Amos 5:18-20
Alas, you who are longing for the day of the LORD, For what purpose will the day of the LORD be to you? It will be darkness and not light; As when a man flees from a lion And a bear meets him, Or goes home, leans his hand against the wall And a snake bites him. Will not the day of the LORD be darkness instead of light, Even gloom with no brightness in it?

Joel 1:15
Alas for the day! For the day of the LORD is near, And it will come as destruction from the Almighty.

As we can see, it is a Day of Doom and Gloom, a Day of Darkness, a Day of Destruction and Desolation, a Day of Wrath, a Day of.............

Here, Scripture tells us how long the Day of the Lord is:

Isa 34:8...."For the Lord has a day of vengeance A YEAR of recompense for the cause of Zion"

Isa 61:2..." To proclaim the favorable YEAR of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God"

Isa 63:4...." For the day of vengeance was in My heart, and My YEAR of redemption has come"

Knowing that the Wrath of God begins on a DAY but lasts a YEAR helps other Scriptures fall into place. For instance, Noah was in the Ark exactly one Year and 10 Days.

In the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month, on the same day all the fountains of the great deep burst open . . . In the second month, on the twenty-seventh day of the month, the earth was dry.  (Gen. 7:11, 8:14)

The coming of the Son of Man is to be like unto the days of Noah. Noah was above the earth 1 year and 10 days while the unrighteous were judged. The righteous will be above the earth 1 year and 10 days after the Rapture while the unrighteous will be judged during the Day of the Lord.

To say that The Day of the Lord is all of Daniel's 70th week, as I have heard people say, or 1/2 of the Week, or 1,000 years...... just doesn't jive with what Scripture says.

I certainly can't see it being the length of time for the Millennium. 1,000 years of doom and gloom and darkness?

Thank you, I can see that you have done a lot of work on this.  My observation of these verses is that the only thing that they have in common with 2 Peter 3 is the mention of the day of the Lord.  There must be more than one day of the Lord.  2 Peter describes the elements melting with fervent heat which I see as different from enemies attacking the walls as in Zephaniah.  One verse does not inform the other nor define it.  2 Peter defines the end of all things as we know them.  It is a definite day.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,192
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/12/1957

On 3/14/2019 at 12:16 AM, R. Hartono said:

Matt 24:40 "Then there will be two men in the field; one will be taken and one will be left.

Some say the taken one is the picture of a wise virgin taken by the Bridegroom to escape the grief tribulation, this is logic.

Some say the taken one is judged for destruction, why would God need to take them for destruction as the whole earth is already set for destruction in the great tribulation ?

Read the previous verses of Matthew 24....

Matthew 24:37-39 (NKJV) But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 38 For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, 39 and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

it is those marked for destruction that are taken away, not the redeemed.

And the whole earth isn't set for destruction till after the 1000 year reign of Yeshua on earth.  Read Revelation 21.  Those that make it thru the tribulation period and are not separated out for destruction go into the Messianic Kingdom on earth.

In Matthew 25, there two of these separation events. The parable of the maidens, which is the separation of the rebellious Hebrews from the redeemed as per Ezekiel 20.   And the judgement of the Nations (sheep and goats) that is also a separation as per Joel 3.

Those that make the cut from both groups go into the Messianic Kingdom and the Marriage feast of the Messiah and the Bride.

Edited by OldCoot
spelling. Stupid spell checker!