• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

What do you know about  christian rehabs? I've heard about such kind of centers from my cousin. His father had a treatment in one of them. So I became interested in it and read a lot of information. Found something on Addiction Resource. Think it's a good idea for someone who wants to overcome addiction with God's help. What do you think about this? 

Edited by james_84

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Hi James, 

Welcome to Worthy. I think Christian based rehabilitation is a wonderful thing. It takes a lot of godly dedication, and is no easy calling. Perhaps one of our moderators can assist/advise you with your membership status, and allowance into the general forums. Hope you'll enjoy it here. God bless!

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

Edited by BeauJangles

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,524
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 3/14/2019 at 7:40 AM, james_84 said:

What do you know about  christian rehabs? I've heard about such kind of centers from my cousin. His father had a treatment in one of them. So I became interested in it and read a lot of information. Found something on Addiction Resource. Think it's a good idea for someone who wants to overcome addiction with God's help. What do you think about this? 

Hi,

Sorry for the plight that is before you and/or yours. I do not know of a specific rehab facility. I do know of a system of  aid that may be of help to you in seeking Godly guidance which may include knowledge that you are seeking out.

https://biblicalcounseling.com  ( NANC )

What will be of aid regardless is prayer  with thinking, and reading the word of God with prayer and with thinking. That is easier said than done, but it is the way to security and to a strong faith that relies upon Jesus as Lord God and personal savior, with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit within you and or yours.

I risk sharing of my own  impressions in the following; It is difficult to beat addiction for a few reasons, one of which is that the message to overcome them is really talking through the filter of the drug(s), and the drug(s) is saying to the addicted person - no, more of me in you is what is needed.

There are many programs for fighting addictions, all may clear the body, but few if any replace the vacancy with the Holy Spirit of God the very strength that is needed for success in this harsh and violent fight. The vacancy  or emptiness when off drugs makes for the perfectly delightful house for ever more addictions to enter; the addiction(s) being manifestation of demonic influence, demon occupation, entrance of the minions of satan advising to try this and that, anything but crying out to God. And saying; instead of Christ Jesus, with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, try this substitute and that one. With that attempt and approach to beating addictions soon there will be yet another addiction and another and another, all manifestations of the demons of spiritual warfare that is fought out in  physical bodies that suffer real pain and even  onto death.

Even if a facility is not Christian based it may still be used  by and of God to help empty the polluted house the drug addicted body; but there will need to replace that space with God, the Holy Spirit guiding and revealing Jesus so that there is new  born again purpose to be a bond-servant to Jesus a willing submission to him given and a determined at following that to armor up on the word of God the Bible so that better decisions will be thought and made in order to beat the addictions and the demons that are indeed part of the evil against us in the great battle against drug addictions. 

One need not be clean to come before God the Father through Jesus who is God the Son! No one comes to God first cleaned up, God takes us as we are. He sees us cleaned up, washed white as snow in the shed blood of Jesus once we have surrendered our will against God,  to instead ask  of God the Holy Spirit to reveal Jesus to each of us individually.

May God guide you to  the resources to meet your need fully. May He replace the addiction prolem with the awareness of Jesus that comes via the Holy Spirit so that prayer is heard by God the Father as Jesus intercedes wth Him fo rthe eternal benefit of each of us that are saved to eternal life with Him.

Starts with your prayer ( Plea) just as it does with each  of us - "Lord help me". Is a simple beginning.

May God give you strength sufficient to pursue success in overcoming that which is addictive. May your family be freed of this awful plight.