shortangel

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

ok is it true that the Enemy can give you a false sense of Salvation???  I feel like my Salvation has been phoney all along & that I've never trusted Jesus & accepted him into my heart as my personal Lord & Savior :(  I want to just quit & give up but the truth is I don't want to give up

• Praying! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

8 hours ago, shortangel said:

ok is it true that the Enemy can give you a false sense of Salvation???  I feel like my Salvation has been phoney all along & that I've never trusted Jesus & accepted him into my heart as my personal Lord & Savior :( I want to just quit & give up but the truth is I don't want to give up

Hi,

Sorry you feel  short changed to date.  But how about today? And for eternity forward? 

Why not consider thinking, saying and asking - well thank you Lord Jesus. Thank You Holy Spirit. Thank You Father.  For I am now made aware, and also  enabled by You to  start this instant to  turn about from whatever source of doubt and perhaps deceit I have been  living under, leaving it behind to be born again with You Holy Spirit indwelling me and revealing  Lord Jesus the way to You Father God.  I give my praise, I ask in the name of my  Lord Jesus  dear Holy Spirit be with me and guide me, lead me to the word that  frees me and directs my spirit and edifies my soul.  I rejoice in this time! 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

Amen thank you both for the encouragement :)  I feel like I shouldn't give up :)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Run the race as though to win it!     Reference to  I Corinthians 9: 19 through 24

And "FINISH FIRST  WINNING CHANGES EVERYTHING"     Reference to an excellent motivational book by Scott Hamilton to persevere in the word the Bible, and in life's goals through hard steady never give it up work. It is a good easy read that may help generate determination  in reading the word the Bible learning it memorizing  and applying it to all that you do in life always.

May God bless you greatly.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Our faith is based on Scripture, not on our feelings.  Memorize salvation Scriptures.  If there is some area that you fall short you need to ask God to help you correct it.  For instance, perhaps you received Christ as your Savior and accepted that He died for your sin, but you have never surrendered to Jesus as Lord and Master of your life.  You just need to ask God to help you humble yourself to be obedient to His Spirit.  Tell Him you want Him to lead and direct your paths, not your selfishness or satan.  

Rom 10:9  because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Rom 10:10  For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.

Have you been baptized?  Sometimes obeying God in doing that will reassure you of all God has done for you.  

God wants to be close to you even more than you want to be close to Him.  

Jas 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

J Jas 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

9 hours ago, shortangel said:

ok is it true that the Enemy can give you a false sense of Salvation???  I feel like my Salvation has been phoney all along & that I've never trusted Jesus & accepted him into my heart as my personal Lord & Savior :( I want to just quit & give up but the truth is I don't want to give up

Satan loves to put doubt into the believer's mind. He does not bother with the unbelievers because he already has them. Has your salvation been phony? Have you genuinely asked Jesus Christ for forgiveness of your sins? Do you believe Jesus Christ died on the cross for your sins? Do you have a daily relationship with Christ?

• Followers:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

13 hours ago, shortangel said:

Churches are full of those that have been deceived by the Enemy.  J.VernonMcGee said that he did not think that even half of his congregation was saved.He is not alone in that sad conclusion .Those “trying to be saved “ as opposed to those who are “ trusting” to be saved are the unsaved tares in the Church.

• Thanks 1

• Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

17 hours ago, shortangel said:

Why do you 'feel' your salvation has been phoney?

What have you put your trust in?

If it is in a 'feeling' then yes your salvation is phoney. Jesus lived, died and rose again. That is historical FACT.

Have you ever confess your failings to him and asked him to be your Saviour and your Lord?

Do you Love him and intend to obey him, that is live according to the 10 commandments.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,782
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

19 hours ago, shortangel said:

ok is it true that the Enemy can give you a false sense of Salvation???

Absolutely or else this would not be written

1 John 3:20-21

20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.

21 Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.
KJV

The flesh is not redeemed but if new birth has occurred then war with what we were with what we have become is present always within us...

19 hours ago, shortangel said:

I feel like my Salvation has been phoney all along & that I've never trusted Jesus & accepted him into my heart as my personal Lord & Savior :( I want to just quit & give up but the truth is I don't want to give up

The more we press in building our s/Spiritual being the less the clamor of and distraction of that which passes away.... if you are looking for verification of your inner person being made alive - this only can be done between you and our Lord in Spirit

Rom 8:14-16

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
KJV

Like @missmuffet has said it is personal and it is verifiable in and of itself.... to ask another if you are saved or verify you are is like asking someone else to control your hand for you :) 
If you are in doubt search the Word, do the Word, talk to God in prayer about all things... would you say the percentage of your time is of the Word or of the World? The percentage is the value system of your heart toward either eternal distinctions (The Word of God) or distinctions that pass away (the world and all that comprises it). 

• Thumbs Up 2