shortangel

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

thank you everyone for the encouragement,  I feel much better today I've been praying & reading the book of Job & will continue to study that :)  there's been so much going on in my life that I've been doubting my Salvation  but I feel I can trust Jesus more fully

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  463
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

On 3/14/2019 at 11:31 AM, shortangel said:

ok is it true that the Enemy can give you a false sense of Salvation???  I feel like my Salvation has been phoney all along & that I've never trusted Jesus & accepted him into my heart as my personal Lord & Savior :( I want to just quit & give up but the truth is I don't want to give up

I suggest that you rehearse your hearing the gospel, you rehearse your repentance, you rehearse your accepting Jesus into your heart, and re-state that you are saved.

Look up scriptures that give assurance on those points. Here are just a few (Jn.3:7; Rm.5:8; Acts 2:22; Rm.10:10; Heb.7:25; 2Tm.1:9; Ps.62:1).

I suggest that you make up your mind not to quit or give up and so don't even entertain quitting or giving up. And especially don't rely on your feelings because they can give you a phony register. They will tell you that you don't feel saved so you must not be saved.

In that case what you need to do is declare your salvation that has been according to the scriptures. Declare that God's Word is true so any feelings to the contrary don't count.

When the enemy tries to convince you that you're not saved. Tell him that he's a liar and the truth is not in him.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

On 3/14/2019 at 5:31 AM, shortangel said:

ok is it true that the Enemy can give you a false sense of Salvation???  I feel like my Salvation has been phoney all along & that I've never trusted Jesus & accepted him into my heart as my personal Lord & Savior :( I want to just quit & give up but the truth is I don't want to give up

Hello dear one, may I say you are not alone, ...there are many who doubt their salvation, the reason is in today's modern church, there is a profound lack of teaching the Word!

Paul tells us a part of our armor is the helmet of salvation, why the helmet, ...because the enemy loves to attack our faith, the spiritual warfare is in our head, with the correct helmet we are invincible, notice Paul says it's the helmet of salvation, ...so let me ask you a question, do you know what the date of your birth is?

Of course you do, ...Just like we know what day, month, year we were born, it's a public record, a legal document, ...so we can know what day we were born again, Peter tells us how:

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.  1 Pet 1:23

Peter is telling us being born again is accomplished in us the same way we were conceived in our mother's womb, ...by incorruptible seed, that's the Holy Spirit, just like He fertilized the ovum in Mary, ...only the ovum for us is not a human ovum, but is a verse in the Word of God.

When the seed of the Holy Spirit fertilized the ovum in Mary a child was conceived, the God-Man Jesus Christ, the result of a Spiritual and human conception, ...however in us it is the Holy Spirit and the Word of God, two Spiritual participants that create a Spiritual being:

And so it is written, "The first man, Adam, became a living soul," the last Adam (the Word)was a life-giving Spirit.     1 Cor 15:45

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.  2 Cor 5:17

Peter goes on to tell us what verse the Holy Spirit used to convict him of his sinful state:

For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of men as the flower of the grass. The grass withers, and its flower falls out, but the Word of the Lord endures forever.  1 Pet 1:24, 25  (Isa 40:7, 8)

Luke records for us when it happened:

Simon Peter fell at the knees of Jesus, saying, Depart from me, for I am a sinful man, Lord.  Luke 5:8

So then for us our helmet of salvation is simply when we were convicted by the Holy Spirit of our sinful state, what verse He used and what day it was, it will be impressed in our memory, the Light of the Holy Spirit illuminated a verse that literally jumped off of the page and convicted our heart we were a sinner, Hell-bound, ...that's when we asked Jesus to save us, ...at that moment we are born again and we will remember that day, what time it was, where we were, what we were doing, for the rest of our lives, ...just like recorded on our birth certificate, ...with this info we can put on the helmet of salvation to quench the fiery darts of the devil when he comes with doubt, ...James tells us to resist the devil and he will flee, ...so the next time you just tell him, ...I was born again on ...., by the Holy Spirit, and He used this verse .... of the Word of God. 

Now, if this is new to you, that's not a problem, it was several years after I was born again that I heard a faithful pastor teach this, he told us, because this information is vital for our spiritual armor, to ask the Holy Spirit to show us, ...and He did for me, and He will for you ...it was at a Wednesday Night Bible Study, in July of '86 and my verse is the same as Peter's, ...Isa 40:7, 8

The church I attended back in the States required this information for anyone that wanted to serve in the Church, Father, verse and date, ...that way there wasn't any nonbelievers serving in ministry in the Lord's Church.

Lord bless

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

thank you for your encouragement justpassingthrough,  God bless you :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

Hello dear one, may I say you are not alone, ...there are many who doubt their salvation, the reason is in today's modern church, there is a profound lack of teaching the Word!

Paul tells us a part of our armor is the helmet of salvation, why the helmet, ...because the enemy loves to attack our faith, the spiritual warfare is in our head, with the correct helmet we are invincible, notice Paul says it's the helmet of salvation, ...so let me ask you a question, do you know what the date of your birth is?

Of course you do, ...Just like we know what day, month, year we were born, it's a public record, a legal document, ...so we can know what day we were born again, Peter tells us how:

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.  1 Pet 1:23

Peter is telling us being born again is accomplished in us the same way we were conceived in our mother's womb, ...by incorruptible seed, that's the Holy Spirit, just like He fertilized the ovum in Mary, ...only the ovum for us is not a human ovum, but is a verse in the Word of God.

When the seed of the Holy Spirit fertilized the ovum in Mary a child was conceived, the God-Man Jesus Christ, the result of a Spiritual and human conception, ...however in us it is the Holy Spirit and the Word of God, two Spiritual participants that create a Spiritual being:

And so it is written, "The first man, Adam, became a living soul," the last Adam (the Word)was a life-giving Spirit.     1 Cor 15:45

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.  2 Cor 5:17

Peter goes on to tell us what verse the Holy Spirit used to convict him of his sinful state:

For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of men as the flower of the grass. The grass withers, and its flower falls out, but the Word of the Lord endures forever.  1 Pet 1:24, 25  (Isa 40:7, ?

Luke records for us when it happened:

Simon Peter fell at the knees of Jesus, saying, Depart from me, for I am a sinful man, Lord.  Luke 5:8

So then for us our helmet of salvation is simply when we were convicted by the Holy Spirit of our sinful state, what verse He used and what day it was, it will be impressed in our memory, the Light of the Holy Spirit illuminated a verse that literally jumped off of the page and convicted our heart we were a sinner, Hell-bound, ...that's when we asked Jesus to save us, ...at that moment we are born again and we will remember that day, what time it was, where we were, what we were doing, for the rest of our lives, ...just like recorded on our birth certificate, ...with this info we can put on the helmet of salvation to quench the fiery darts of the devil when he comes with doubt, ...James tells us to resist the devil and he will flee, ...so the next time you just tell him, ...I was born again on ...., by the Holy Spirit, and He used this verse .... of the Word of God. 

Now, if this is new to you, that's not a problem, it was several years after I was born again that I heard a faithful pastor teach this, he told us, because this information is vital for our spiritual armor, to ask the Holy Spirit to show us, ...and He did for me, and He will for you ...it was at a Wednesday Night Bible Study, in July of '86 and my verse is the same as Peter's, ...Isa 40:7, 8

The church I attended back in the States required this information for anyone that wanted to serve in the Church, Father, verse and date, ...that way there wasn't any nonbelievers serving in ministry in the Lord's Church.

Lord bless

Interesting..... I tend to agree.....however, like all things related to our doctrines, we need to have chapter and verse.I can’t think of any.....

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Interesting..... I tend to agree.....however, like all things related to our doctrines, we need to have chapter and verse.I can’t think of any.....

Hey bro, chapter and verse, ...how 'bout John 3:3, 5?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

Hey bro, chapter and verse, ...how 'bout John 3:3, 5?

I am quite familiar with the crucial importance of being born again.....what I am NOT accustomed to is knowing the exact date of Salvation as proof that it happened or using it as a way to separate the Believer from the non- Believer .There is where chapter and verse is needed, in my opinion.I still think you are on to something.

Oliver Greene, the late, great man of God always claimed if you were saved you would absolutely know it and remember when it happened- no question about it.When is was savedit was the most dramatic time of my life.....it took my life and divided it like B.C. Is clearly divided with A.D. It was that powerful.

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

55 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Oliver Greene, the late, great man of God always claimed if you were saved you would absolutely know it and remember when it happened- no question about it.

:)This brought a smile to my face. I haven't heard his name mentioned in years. Wonderful bible teacher. Used to listen to him on the radio back in the 70's. 

57 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

the most dramatic time of my life.....it took my life and divided it like B.C. Is clearly divided with A.D. It was that powerful.

Amen. I agree 100%. I do remember the date of mine.

As for John 3:3, 5-Even as our earthly life has a beginning...a birthday that we remember and celebrate annually, our 'born again  birth day' is such a significant one. Really, even more so than our biological one in that we became a new creation that will live forever with Jesus.:)

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

On 3/14/2019 at 3:31 PM, shortangel said:

Do not be thrown by the 'born again' stuff that is bandied about. Read the account of Nicodemus. 

He was already in 'salvation mode' and Yeshua said he was in the germination stage. He said you must be born again. The birthing is quite different to the fertilization and gestation stages. It is a wonder born of pain and an extreme change of situation. God PUSHES you thru and out of the womb where you will live and breathe and have your being in HIM.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  40,790
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

@Justin AdamsI think you need to fit your comment with this passage of Scripture

John 3:3-8

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
KJV

• Thumbs Up 1