Jump to content
R. Hartono

We are called the mother of Jesus and Mary is just a handmaid of the Lord

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

WE ARE ALL THE BIG FAMILY OF CHRIST, HIS BROTHERS, HIS SISTERS AND HIS LOVELY MOTHERS AS WELL.

Mat 12:46 While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him.

47 Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.

48 But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?

49 And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!

50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

And Mary is not the queen of heaven but the handmaid of the Lord.

Luke 1:38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word.

 

 

Edited by R. Hartono
  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, R. Hartono said:

48 But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?

Yes, obviously Jesus avoids venerating His mother the way the RCC does.

  • Thumbs Up 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mary was blessed and gave birth to Jesus Christ. Mary was a sinner just like you and me. Mary and Joseph had other children after Jesus was born. We are never to worship Mary or pray to her. 

  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Yes, obviously Jesus avoids venerating His mother the way the RCC does.

I believe Jesus has seen that omen when he said that.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, missmuffet said:

Mary was blessed and gave birth to Jesus Christ. Mary was a sinner just like you and me. Mary and Joseph had other children after Jesus was born. We are never to worship Mary or pray to her. 

The catholics insist that they do not worship Mary but they pray to her !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Mary was blessed and gave birth to Jesus Christ. Mary was a sinner just like you and me. Mary and Joseph had other children after Jesus was born. We are never to worship Mary or pray to her. 

I am not a Catholic, but have many relatives who are...

The best way is no to point out what we understand not to do...but to find the common ground and built bridges...

Celebrating Christmas, the baptism of Jesus by John the Baptist, the palm Sunday, good Friday and the resurection on Easter Sunday, and the day of Penticost, and the ascension of Jesus CHRIST, among other holidays with them, and put away the hostility, I believe it can work miracles in a relationship with them and our relatives...

There is the rifgt time for everything, only some of them will distance themselves from the things we do not agree with...but many will begin to read the bible more often...

There somethings to avoid, as calling the mother of Jesus a "sinner",

just because we read in the bible "we all have sin....and no one is righteous no one", 

We know that John the Baptist never sin...also no one can name Mary's sins, because she never sin, and many people that particular time did not sin, many of those lived in the dessert...fasting and praying away grom the world...

Many people in the bible are called righteous by God, as in Noah, AARON, Samuel...and others...

The other thing is and I say this with respect is the statement "

"Mary and Joseph had other children after Jesus was born", that statement implies that Jesus was their first child, that Jesus and his siblings had the same Father and Mother, which is not truth, as they only had the same Mother, and this does not implies that Jesus had another father, Jewish or not....

Jesus did not have a father he is from God and not from any man..Jewish or not.

That's why he is the Son of God...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the major difference that separates the RCC with Protestants is salvation thru Yeshua by faith alone. Sola Fide.   While individual people who claim to be Catholic might subscribe to that idea, the RCC hierarchy does not.  All the other ritual and pomp causes side issue arguments .  Either the RCC is required for salvation or it is as Paul and Habakkuk state, "the just shall live by faith".  Justification is the central issue.  If the RCC denies Sola Fide, which the RCC does, then it has no fellowship with the Body of Yeshua.     All the saints and Mary stuff has its problems also, but the central focus is justification unto the Lord.   

Until we all get on the same sheet of music in terms of Justification, there can really be no bridge building except on a social level. 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What makes you think Mary and John the baptist never sinned? The only person in the whole history of the world who has never sinned is Jesus Christ. Noah Aaron and Samuel might have been good people who served God; actually Aaron did something very wrong, he made the golden calf out of the Israelite people's gold jewelry and encouraged them in the idol worship of the golden calf, he was not as faithful and dedicated to the Lord like his brother Moses was. They were sinners too. "For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." Faith in Christ is the only way to salvation, to heaven.  The real Mary was very humble and righteous, she was a tender and kind loving mother for baby Jesus. The elevation of Mary as "Our Lady" happened while Christianity was being preached all throughout dark age Europe, Mary replaced Venus, the Roman goddess of love and beauty, a fertility goddess. The Queen of Heaven, was some dark and evil female demons like Ishtar, Inanna, Isis, Asherah, Ashtoreth, Astarte, Aphrodite, the German fertility goddess Freya, and some Celtic goddesses, Morrigan, Brigantia, and a lot of other love, fertility goddesses from the local regions they witnessed to as Christian missionaries. The priests of Rome would often make the popular local pagan gods and goddesses into 'Christian' saints.  This is how the Christian faith would sway and stray away from the Bible and the truth. 

 

In the 4th century Christianity became legal by the Roman empire.  Then it became the official religion of the empire. Emperor Constantine fought a battle in the name of Christ, claimed to be a Christian yet did not behave like one. I think it was after Christianity was legalized and became the official religion of Rome that it became corrupt. They started the whole 'saint' thing, and adopted many Roman gods as 'saints'. There is a saint feast day for every day of the year on the Catholic calendar. 

 

While medieval and Renaissance Catholics were busy worshiping 'Our Lady' the Catholic church was busy torturing, burning, and murdering real women with false charges of heresy and witchcraft. Men who were early protestants were also tortured and their works destroyed. 

  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

There somethings to avoid, as calling the mother of Jesus a "sinner",

just because we read in the bible "we all have sin....and no one is righteous no one", 

We know that John the Baptist never sin...also no one can name Mary's sins, because she never sin, and many people that particular time did not sin, many of those lived in the dessert...fasting and praying away grom the world...

Just because someone's sins are not listed in the Bible does not mean that they did not sin.  You don't have a written list of my sins either, but I'll bet you know that I am indeed NOT sinless.  How do you know that if you don't know my sins?  You know I'm a sinner, but miraculously saved by grace, because the Bible clearly teaches that [1] All have sinned and come short of the glory of God and [2] the wages of sin is death.  

Mary did sin.  She praises God as her Savior.  Not "the" Savior, but "my Savior."  What did she have to be saved from?  Sin.  And Mary is dead.  She has been paid her wages for her sin just as you and I when we draw our last breath will have been paid our wages.

Same thing with John the Baptist.  He was not sinless.  

  • Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

I am not a Catholic, but have many relatives who are...

The best way is no to point out what we understand not to do...but to find the common ground and built bridges...

Celebrating Christmas, the baptism of Jesus by John the Baptist, the palm Sunday, good Friday and the resurection on Easter Sunday, and the day of Penticost, and the ascension of Jesus CHRIST, among other holidays with them, and put away the hostility, I believe it can work miracles in a relationship with them and our relatives...

There is the rifgt time for everything, only some of them will distance themselves from the things we do not agree with...but many will begin to read the bible more often...

There somethings to avoid, as calling the mother of Jesus a "sinner",

just because we read in the bible "we all have sin....and no one is righteous no one", 

We know that John the Baptist never sin...also no one can name Mary's sins, because she never sin, and many people that particular time did not sin, many of those lived in the dessert...fasting and praying away grom the world...

Many people in the bible are called righteous by God, as in Noah, AARON, Samuel...and others...

The other thing is and I say this with respect is the statement "

"Mary and Joseph had other children after Jesus was born", that statement implies that Jesus was their first child, that Jesus and his siblings had the same Father and Mother, which is not truth, as they only had the same Mother, and this does not implies that Jesus had another father, Jewish or not....

Jesus did not have a father he is from God and not from any man..Jewish or not.

That's why he is the Son of God...

You need to flee that building bridges and common ground .    WHO you think this all came from .  Warren  , Rome , and many now .

Lets focus on the pattern of Christ in all things the pattern the true apostles kept and taught .  Folks for years and years have twisted so many things .

All this bridge builders and finding common ground ,  It was all programmed into churches under a big time guise .

Always remember God is LOVE ,  GOD IS TRUTH and GOD cannot deny or contradict Himself .

Thus if any pattern of today contradicts The pattern JESUS set ,    we better know its false , no matter how they deck it up to sound like love . ITS FALSE .

  • Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...