• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

Self stinks;

I was at work today and I was before the Lord as much as I knew. Someone said something that I perceived to be rude, so I bit back at him. Was not love, was not righteousness or being a peace maker, in other words it was not Christ.

Got my eyes off Christ, lost my peace to a degree. But sense (in my opinion it wasnt real bad) I rolled with it. About 10 mins later someone else asked me to do something (that wasn’t my boss,) which I thought to be stupid, so I blatantly said no way, very unkindly. Instantly got convicted. But I was mad and acting out of self, (again). This time in and on a whole different level. Lost my peace in a big way. Looked at my work from where I was standing and it looked just fine, (actually pretty good). Stood my ground. He gets upset wants to take it to the office. I think maybe I should look at things from where he was standing. I did, he was right. Told him I would fix things. My flesh was up in arms, but I did it. Afterwards, knowning that the Lord was telling me to drop it. I refused. Lost my peace even more. Went over to him very sarcastically and asked him if this was ok by him. It was. But my heart was telling me why wasn’t I obedient to what God was telling my innermost being.

Answer; pride and wanting things my own way. 

Took about 30 mins for my peace to return as I worked to reckon myself dead and get back on the cross where I belong. If I had just listened when I lost my peace, even that little bit, when it started, I could have avoided this hour-ish of struggling with my fallen nature. 

Knowning that these are my natural responses of me acting out of self. Death to me is the only cure. 

Moral of the story; 

God is good, I (self) am in unloving selfish person who’s only hope is in Christ, to form Himself in me, or I am stuck acting like this sinner person. 

But God is good, faithful and loving. Always ready to forgive, when the heart is ready to ask. 

He magnifies His love toward us, such a Great and Awesome God we have.

Bless His name for giving us such a great salvation. Which is Christ living His live in and through us.

Thank Him so very much, for taking me to the cross with Him to get rid of me. So that I might be a new creation, for I am so sick of me.

Blessings

Much love in Christ, Not me 

Edited by Not me
  • This is Worthy 2

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/15/2019 at 10:48 PM, Not me said:

Self stinks;

I was at work today and I was before the Lord as much as I knew. Someone said something that I perceived to be rude, so I bit back at him. Was not love, was not righteousness or being a peace maker, in other words it was not Christ.

Got my eyes off Christ, lost my peace to a degree. But sense (in my opinion it wasnt real bad) I rolled with it. About 10 mins later someone else asked me to do something (that wasn’t my boss,) which I thought to be stupid, so I blatantly said no way, very unkindly. Instantly got convicted. But I was mad and acting out of self, (again). This time in and on a whole different level. Lost my peace in a big way. Looked at my work from where I was standing and it looked just fine, (actually pretty good). Stood my ground. He gets upset wants to take it to the office. I think maybe I should look at things from where he was standing. I did, he was right. Told him I would fix things. My flesh was up in arms, but I did it. Afterwards, knowning that the Lord was telling me to drop it. I refused. Lost my peace even more. Went over to him very sarcastically and asked him if this was ok by him. It was. But my heart was telling me why wasn’t I obedient to what God was telling my innermost being.

Answer; pride and wanting things my own way. 

Took about 30 mins for my peace to return as I worked to reckon myself dead and get back on the cross where I belong. If I had just listened when I lost my peace, even that little bit, when it started, I could have avoided this hour-ish of struggling with my fallen nature. 

Knowning that these are my natural responses of me acting out of self. Death to me is the only cure. 

Moral of the story; 

God is good, I (self) am in unloving selfish person who’s only hope is in Christ, to form Himself in me, or I am stuck acting like this sinner person. 

But God is good, faithful and loving. Always ready to forgive, when the heart is ready to ask. 

He magnifies His love toward us, such a Great and Awesome God we have.

Bless His name for giving us such a great salvation. Which is Christ living His live in and through us.

Thank Him so very much, for taking me to the cross with Him to get rid of me. So that I might be a new creation, for I am so sick of me.

Blessings

If you think you have been rude, go and say sorry. It is not enough to just confess our failings to God, we also have to make our peace with the person we have offended.

Jesus gave the example of being at the alter with a sacrifical animal, when one rmembers the squable with ones brother. He said, leave the alter and the sacrifice and go and make ones peace with ones brother. Then return to find the sacrifical animal and worship God.

Put this in context, you've queued for hours to make the sacrifice and then you walk away to find your brother somewhere in Jerusalem, sort out the quarrel and then go and queue up again to make your sacrifice.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

Ah yes.......that constant struggle between the old nature and the new nature.....words come out of my mouth at times that I simply do not believe.....I've been a Christian for a longtime.......I sometimes think that I would  have been long past the point where my flesh could be so vile......when I sin these days,even at the slightest infractions , I just feel awful, but deep down I am a little bit happy......I know that years ago these pangs of sorrow and regret would never have happened......Better to have two warring natures than the single sin nature I was born with.....I have a Promise that the New Man will win.....In the meantime, I am covered by God’s Grace and I am going to need that Grace just as much on the day that I die as I did the day I was saved....

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Who me said:

If you think you have been rude, go and say sorry. It is not enough to just confess our failings to God, we also have to make our peace with the person we have offended.

Jesus gave the example of being at the alter with a sacrifical animal, when one rmembers the squable with ones brother. He said, leave the alter and the sacrifice and go and make ones peace with ones brother. Then return to find the sacrifical animal and worship God.

Put this in context, you've queued for hours to make the sacrifice and then you walk away to find your brother somewhere in Jerusalem, sort out the quarrel and then go and queue up again to make your sacrifice.

What you say is scriptural and true.

But this was accomplished when I changed my stance on not doing what he ask,  to be willing to do what he asked, he was satisfied with the correction. The man was unaware of the venom in my heart when I asked him if he thought this was ok by him. He thought I was asking for his input, which I was, but not for the right reasons. In my heart was a world of anger, though I did not show it outwardly. The word I used sarcastically was meant as what I felt I was doing in direct violation of what the Spirit of Christ was telling me at that instant of time in my heart. I was getting all sorts of convicted but I chose to not stop and make my heart right before I proceeded. I proceeded without my heart being right before God. That was my sin. It was against God and my disobedience to the Peace of Christ in my heart.  For showing him love from the very start is what God wanted. Lord willing next time I get pressed I will yield all the more quicker. 

Blessings 

4 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Ah yes.......that constant struggle between the old nature and the new nature.....words come out of my mouth at times that I simply do not believe.....I've been a Christian for a longtime.......I sometimes think that I would  have been long past the point where my flesh could be so vile......when I sin these days,even at the slightest infractions , I just feel awful, but deep down I am a little bit happy......I know that years ago these pangs of sorrow and regret would never have happened......Better to have two warring natures than the single sin nature I was born with.....I have a Promise that the New Man will win.....In the meantime, I am covered by God’s Grace and I am going to need that Grace just as much on the day that I die as I did the day I was saved....

So true, it seems like the smallest things can rock our world so badly. Just a little step off Holy ground and down the rabbit hole we go. But God is good to call us back and clean and dress our wounds while He is teaching us. But as you say thank God we have His promise that he will perfect us. So to Him our eyes go with thankfulness in our hearts as a child much beloved by their Father. 

Blessings

Edited by Not me
  • Thumbs Up 1